List of questionable things that happen while the UFC is in Abu Dhabi

Do a lot of questionable things happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi?

• Total voters
In fairness to tge decision to call it a no contest as opposed to a DQ, only a few months ago a guy got a warning for a similarly blatant illegal knee.

A thing here to help you remember the roasting...

17b3f-16766125814840-1920.jpg

Have a good day!
ben-stiller-confused.gif

We all know this post and everybody who can think knows where there's smoke there's fire. Is it a 100% proof that he really took it? No, of course without 100% proof its at the end of the day just allegations but its for sure throwing a long shade over Islame.

In the meanwhile the conspiracy theory of Islame fans is "Charles intentionally cut himself to not fight in AD" - imagine saying that with a straight face!

You picked VOLK to win didn't you?
I know I said we shouldn't have contact, but fuck it, it's a forum, I will message and if you don't like it? Hit ignore

Anyway you picked Volk, so either Islam did very well or you know fuck all about MMA.
Which is it?

I think both lol

Full of actual shit
Least your hate isn't because he's a Muslim, I will give you that, unlike other tards on here

3 facts

1. Islam beat Charles ass
2. Charles pulled out
3. The champ has a name and it's Islam makhachev

Have a good day
...And we'll see what happens after Islam talking that about his leg. If the fight goes to Abu Dhubious AGAIN because of that, my maaan... Imagine what people is going to think!? :D

Last edited:
So, the UFC pretty much self-regulates in Abu Dhabi. I do think there's some governing body for the sake of PR. I believe it's called UAEMMAF or something like that. But essentially, they're not an independent governing body.

This is why we have so many dodgy things happening in Abu Dhabi. The judges, the refs, the doctors... are all pretty much paid by the UFC.

So, I decided to put together a list of questionable things that happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi

- Khabib's infamous weight scandal, where the staff manning the scales cleared it before it was still.

- Usman getting medically cleared to fight Khamzat despite his knee popping in training a few days before

- Johnny Walker fight being a NC despite the fight being stopped due to Ankalaev throwing a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent. This is how Petr Yan lost his belt to Aljo.

- Mokaev making 126 on the scale where he was legit surprised at making weight and Tim Elliot even bringing this up on social media. Mokaev would go on to win.

- Shara Magomedov unanimous 30-27 against Bruno Silva

Do you think a lot questionable things happen in Abu Dhabi?

Anything missing from the list? Most of this is just from UFC 294
Multiple reports of staph infections and still fought.

You picked VOLK to win didn't you?
I know I said we shouldn't have contact, but fuck it, it's a forum, I will message and if you don't like it? Hit ignore

Anyway you picked Volk, so either Islam did very well or you know fuck all about MMA.
Which is it?

I think both lol

I will not ignore you because I do enjoy reading all kind of opinions, even if I don't agree with many of my fellow shermanos.

However, I am disappointed in your lack of consistency and this is why I wont give you any attention. Have a nice day!

I will not ignore you because I do enjoy reading all kind of opinions, even if I don't agree with many of my fellow shermanos.

However, I am disappointed in your lack of consistency and this is why I wont give you any attention. Have a nice day!

Who did you pick to win? It's not a difficult question?

I don't necessarily think any of the weird decisions were dependant on the location we see dumb calls everywhere all the time.

But I also agree you should always be a bit skeptical about places like UAE and other rich gulf states, if you want me to believe those people aren't shady I would accuse of being bias or completely ignorant of how devious people in power can be regardless of heritage,religion or other characteristics.

Kafala system, export of extremist ideology and the complete silence on the massaker happening in Yemen for years now. A little favoritism inside of a niche sport like MMA would be the tip of the iceberg honestly.

I think Islam would have won either way I have been backing him vs Charles and Volk and was suprised Volk managed to perform like he did the first time. You can acknowledge shady fuck shit going on in UAE without discrediting an amazing fighter like Makhachev

I don't get the Mokaev thing. If the official scale said 126 then that's what it is. He and anyone else can be surprised all they want and as long as there's no actual evidence of foul play by the weight taker it doesn't matter what another scale says because they all step on the official one.

So, the UFC pretty much self-regulates in Abu Dhabi. I do think there's some governing body for the sake of PR. I believe it's called UAEMMAF or something like that. But essentially, they're not an independent governing body.

This is why we have so many dodgy things happening in Abu Dhabi. The judges, the refs, the doctors... are all pretty much paid by the UFC.

So, I decided to put together a list of questionable things that happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi

- Khabib's infamous weight scandal, where the staff manning the scales cleared it before it was still.

- Usman getting medically cleared to fight Khamzat despite his knee popping in training a few days before

- Johnny Walker fight being a NC despite the fight being stopped due to Ankalaev throwing a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent. This is how Petr Yan lost his belt to Aljo.

- Mokaev making 126 on the scale where he was legit surprised at making weight and Tim Elliot even bringing this up on social media. Mokaev would go on to win.

Now do a list of all the questionable things that happen in America.

They once announced Khamzat's weight on the scale in Abu Dhabi as 166 lbs and didn't think anything of it until a reporter called them out about the ridiculousness of the situation. They responded by acting surprised and tried to play it off as there was "something wrong with the scales" and they needed to "fix" the scales.

Plus that classic hold on the towel.

Another thing that happens is there’s lots of fouls occurring. Like almost every fight. It’s weird lol.

Some dude arrested for sneaking into his roommate's hotel room with drugs or something.

Magomedov's win was legit though.

Also, Usman's knee never popped.

Well, it's not a concidence. Not MMA, but last football world cup was hosted by Qatar and It was a fucking disgrace too and FIFA got universally BLASTED and called out for their blatant corruption.
These places SUCK!

Last edited:
We don’t know Usman hurt his knee.

Blatant illegal knees have been No Contests numerous times.

Mokaev looking “surprised” is an opinion and also meaningless.

Half of mma media members and 40% of fans (on mmadecisions) scored the fight 30-27 for Shara. Not that outlandish.

Just conspiratorial thinking and speculations. Light on actual undeniable facts.

A lot of it can be attributed to an inexperienced “commission.” Wonky shit happens a lot in places like New York as well where the commissions are less experienced.

All that needs to be said. I expected TS to have some actual controversies instead of fan conspiracies.

Back