List of questionable things that happen while the UFC is in Abu Dhabi

Do a lot of questionable things happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi?

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, the UFC pretty much self-regulates in Abu Dhabi. I do think there's some governing body for the sake of PR. I believe it's called UAEMMAF or something like that. But essentially, they're not an independent governing body.

This is why we have so many dodgy things happening in Abu Dhabi. The judges, the refs, the doctors... are all pretty much paid by the UFC.

So, I decided to put together a list of questionable things that happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi

- Khabib's infamous weight scandal, where the staff manning the scales cleared it before it was still.

- Usman getting medically cleared to fight Khamzat despite his knee popping in training a few days before

- Johnny Walker fight being a NC despite the fight being stopped due to Ankalaev throwing a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent. This is how Petr Yan lost his belt to Aljo.

- Mokaev making 126 on the scale where he was legit surprised at making weight and Tim Elliot even bringing this up on social media. Mokaev would go on to win.

- Shara Magomedov unanimous 30-27 against Bruno Silva

Do you think a lot questionable things happen in Abu Dhabi?

Anything missing from the list? Most of this is just from UFC 294

here-we-go-joker.gif

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

So, the UFC pretty much self-regulates in Abu Dhabi. I do think there's some governing body for the sake of PR. I believe it's called UAEMMAF or something like that. But essentially, they're not an independent governing body.

This is why we have so many dodgy things happening in Abu Dhabi. The judges, the refs, the doctors... are all pretty much paid by the UFC.

So, I decided to put together a list of questionable things that happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi

- Khabib's infamous weight scandal, where the staff manning the scales cleared it before it was still.

- Usman getting medically cleared to fight Khamzat despite his knee popping in training a few days before

- Johnny Walker fight being a NC despite the fight being stopped due to Ankalaev throwing a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent. This is how Petr Yan lost his belt to Aljo.

- Mokaev making 126 on the scale where he was legit surprised at making weight and Tim Elliot even bringing this up on social media. Mokaev would go on to win.

Conspiracy theory 101 lol

the better fighter always wins

if its a fix fight like in pride then thats serious

They once announced Khamzat's weight on the scale in Abu Dhabi as 166 lbs and didn't think anything of it until a reporter called them out about the ridiculousness of the situation. They responded by acting surprised and tried to play it off as there was "something wrong with the scales" and they needed to "fix" the scales.

The only questionable thing is that favourite fighters are so "happy" there for some reason... They love that place, so many benefits for them. Islam was so "happy" that his weigh-in was phenomenal, he was even still vascularized and all. I mean, Abu Dhabi is the place of "happiness" for some specific fighters. What a place...

They once announced Khamzat's weight on the scale in Abu Dhabi as 166 lbs and didn't think anything of it until a reporter called them out about the ridiculousness of the situation. They responded by acting surprised and tried to play it off as there was "something wrong with the scales" and they needed to "fix" the scales.

Lmao, I've never seen that before. There's definitely some fucky stuff going on with weights in Abu Dhabi for sure. As for the other stuff? Shara won that fight and Usman's knee never popped out.

We don’t know Usman hurt his knee.

Blatant illegal knees have been No Contests numerous times.

Mokaev looking “surprised” is an opinion and also meaningless.

Half of mma media members and 40% of fans (on mmadecisions) scored the fight 30-27 for Shara. Not that outlandish.

Just conspiratorial thinking and speculations. Light on actual undeniable facts.

A lot of it can be attributed to an inexperienced “commission.” Wonky shit happens a lot in places like New York as well where the commissions are less experienced.

Last edited:
This is why Victor and Aldo always wanted to fight in Brazil

the crowd would have laser pointers pointing into the enemies eyes, shady, judging and shady refereeing, not to mention no drug testing back in the day. Brazil was the wild, wild West

Seriously dude! UFC is dropping a regulatory body they have been working with forever - because of refusal to 'ease up' and 'cut some slack' to McGregor! Do you really think anyone cares about anything but about the number of PPV's an event going to sell?

Its not dodgy when its a norm.. Its dodgy when there are no screw ups :D

Back