List of questionable things that happen while the UFC is in Abu Dhabi

Do a lot of questionable things happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi?

• Total voters
We saw Naimov land 2 clean nut shots, grab gloves more than once, prevent a takedown with a fence grab, only to get a couple warnings and a win.

Azaitar likewise committed multitude fouls to only a warning was handed out, including hair pulling.

While I do think it was unintentional so NC is right, the basharat nut shot had the doctor argue for a TKO!

And while these fouls were blantantly ignored by contrast Tim Elliott threw legal knees and was separated and reviewed and was going to lose a point if they were illegal while Mokaev was allowed to recover. The ref also saved Mokaev from more damaging knees saying "he's down" anytime Mokaev touched the matt with ONE hand.
While the RULE since 2017
"12. *Kneeing and/or Kicking the head of a grounded opponent:
A grounded fighter is defined as: Any part of the body, other than a single hand and
soles of the feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands palm/fist
down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. A single
knee, arm, makes the fighter grounded without having to have any other body part in
touch with the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be
allowed
That fight should be overturned to be honest. It could be argued it's a TKO as Herzog stopped the fight for a legal strike and Mokaev said he was hurt from it.
I know there was talk of updating this rule, but did they bring it in yet? Can we use instant replay and then restart the fight again for a foul ?
https://fansidedmma.com/posts/3-mma-rules-change-1-we-hope-never-does-01h6kh757bt9/3

So, the UFC pretty much self-regulates in Abu Dhabi. I do think there's some governing body for the sake of PR. I believe it's called UAEMMAF or something like that. But essentially, they're not an independent governing body.

This is why we have so many dodgy things happening in Abu Dhabi. The judges, the refs, the doctors... are all pretty much paid by the UFC.

So, I decided to put together a list of questionable things that happen in the UFC while in Abu Dhabi

- Khabib's infamous weight scandal, where the staff manning the scales cleared it before it was still.

- Usman getting medically cleared to fight Khamzat despite his knee popping in training a few days before

- Johnny Walker fight being a NC despite the fight being stopped due to Ankalaev throwing a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent. This is how Petr Yan lost his belt to Aljo.

- Mokaev making 126 on the scale where he was legit surprised at making weight and Tim Elliot even bringing this up on social media. Mokaev would go on to win.

- Shara Magomedov unanimous 30-27 against Bruno Silva

Do you think a lot questionable things happen in Abu Dhabi?

Anything missing from the list? Most of this is just from UFC 294
You missed the most questionnable move in all sports of all time:

Ottman Azaitar trying to smuggle a bag of potatoes.

I'm actually happy the UFC gave him a chance so we could keep on with the Potato-Jokes and finally see him get KOd 2 times, instead of him retiring and telling everybody he would have retired as undefeated UFC champ if they didn't fire him. It was a Win-Win situation.

Back