Lifting for The Game They Play in Heaven (Third Log of Richmond)

Hey John! Yeah hopefully I'll be able to put a bar on my back in a couple months. I still need ankle surgeries before I can be competitive again, but I'll just be 24 in June, so I'm not worried.

Last Night- Band Work

Trap 3s 3x15
Face Pulls 3x15
Behind Back Presses 3x15
Rear Flyes 1x25

Tonight- Strict Press
45x10
135x3
155x1
185x1 (10lb PR)
200x1 (25lb PR)

200 strict is pretty badass!

Thanks for replying on the PM. Will be keeping an eye on your recovery!

Good luck!

Did some pulling work and rear delt work as well as some single leg hip sled for the knee and bench press:

Bench
135x5
185x5
205x5
215x5(post surgery pr)
225x5(post surgery pr)

Single Leg Hip Sled (leg press)
135x15
225x15

PLAN: Strict Press 225 by my birthday in 5 weeks, Bench 315 without really training bench, and do 15 strict pullups and squat something before Labor Day.

Hey John! Yeah hopefully I'll be able to put a bar on my back in a couple months. I still need ankle surgeries before I can be competitive again, but I'll just be 24 in June, so I'm not worried.

I think you ought to check the manufacturer's warranty on your body, that sucks man!

Nice pressing and benching, it feels good to get back into it after a surgery.

And actually, looking at your numbers I feel a little jealous, I need to pick up the pace on my pullups.

Fixed!

Congrats on the PRs Rich, and above all congrats for your shoulders being pain-free.

Too bad you didn't log the earlier rehab procedure you followed, but if you have time to check my log I'd love to hear any comments you might have on the shoulder rehab I'm trying to do! I have a kept a pretty detailed log of how I've been dealing with the post-op knee issues btw.

If doable i think the eccentric pistols are a better movement since it

Good to hear from you guys. General updates for me:

*Passed my exam. I am now NSCA CSCS.
*Knee has gotten better going up and down stairs, and even a little bit of squatting with the bodyweight to just above parallel.
*The MAIN PROBLEM for me seems to be that I still have a bit of this "glass in the knee" feeling of sharp tweaks here and there. And my musculature seems to be trying to do whatever it can to control descent and ascent of my knees with OTHER MUSCLES than the quadriceps. I feel like successful pain free squats or leg movements happen because my body's learned after over a year to take the quad out of the equation to a certain extent.

Will be hitting the weights some more today. Will phase in lower body work by start with Good Mornings.

Miaou, my surgeon said the other day that after a while of having the fissure in the cartilage, an edema can develop under it. Now I gotta learn more about that shit...

@ Spiderguardman...

The issue with me is that what is healing is a fissure in the patella cartilage. Whenever the pressure goes over that fissure the pain is sudden and sharp and intense. However long it takes to heal, it's not like I can push "farther and farther." The minute I go over that fissure it's over, with some exception. So that's a problem right now.

BENCH
135x5
185x5
225x7
245x1
265x1 (Lifetime PR)
275x0

Today we sawed high notches in the rack so we could elevate the bar and do pullups from it. We decided to do 50 pullups no matter how many sets it took.

I have gained weight.

BODYWEIGHT PULLUPS (213lbs ish)
5/5
5/10
5/15
5/20
5/25
4/29
3/32
3/35
3/38
3/41
2/43
2/45
1/46
1/47
1/48
2/50

16 total sets. Next time must be fewer than 15 total sets.

1Arm DB Rows
2x10@40

Next time will do 50 weighted Scapular Pullups directly afterward.

Did some knee stuff and got sharp pain. It feels like there's glass in there. So tired of this.

Thanks breaux. I'm going to tell 275 to go fuck itself and never make it a PR. Go for 280 instead. After the next OHP session, which I'll try to get 185x5-6 on...

Good work in here dude. Congrats on the higher than it was before bench.

Nice sig, someone smart, good looking and rich must have said that.

Nice sig, someone smart, good looking and rich must have said that.

Yes.

Having trouble with my tall skinny beanpole trainee. Figured out the trouble was him not eating enough. Personally went with him after training today to the bar and watched him eat 2 whole cheesesteaks and a vegetable plate. He listed everything he'd eaten until then and it totaled less than 1000 calories. Fucker. He did good on the weighted situps and timed KB squats, though, so he gets a pass now that he had to walk home slow to avoid vomiting.

Me:

Strict Press
185x5 (5R PR)
last week managed 180x4... this was difficult.

an SOHP of 185x5 is getting pretty damn serious. I OHP 180 the other day for a single but there was some bounce in it.

an SOHP of 185x5 is getting pretty damn serious. I OHP 180 the other day for a single but there was some bounce in it.

Hopefully I'm getting serious, haha. I remember Charles' SOHP of 290 a whiiiile ago. Got a ways to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back