Lifting for The Game They Play in Heaven (Third Log of Richmond)

Its funny how we veiw things like that. I use to think a 225 bench was serious, now i consider that a warm up weight. The 300 I'm looking at now seems doable but 355 bench seems totally bad ass.

In overhead I still think 185 is pretty serious as its my most difficult lift.

Its funny how we veiw things like that. I use to think a 225 bench was serious, now i consider that a warm up weight. The 300 I'm looking at now seems doable but 355 bench seems totally bad ass.

In overhead I still think 185 is pretty serious as its my most difficult lift.

It's definitely the one I grunt the most during. I think I'll hit 225 by June 8.

Maybe I'll hit 300 bench on that day too.

im subscribed now, i need to increase my OHP and watching you rip it up is good motivation

Meh, 185 is still good SOHP weight. I'd like to be able to do that. How long did it take you to reach that? I've heard that overhead pressing is the slowest thing to progress on so it can take a while.

Meh, 185 is still good SOHP weight. I'd like to be able to do that. How long did it take you to reach that? I've heard that overhead pressing is the slowest thing to progress on so it can take a while.

I was benching 135x10 in mid January. I started OHP in early March.

so 4 months to 225x7, 265x1 bench
2 months to 185x5 OHP

Mind you I benched 260 3 years ago, before a total shoulder reconstruction and long layoff where I didn't bench at all.

Quicker to get there if you've already been. Though my form is MUCH better than it ever was and that has a lot to do with it.

Oh so you basically had muscle memory going for you then? Still think that's pretty quick even if you had reached it before. For a second there though, I was thinking I had a lot of ground to cover.

185 overhead is impressive, and 200+ overhead is incredible. i can only dream

I hit 200 the other week.

*is incredible*

It feels bad without proper balance, though. Hence the 50 pullups. Gonna train back more seriously now.

I hit 200 the other week.

*is incredible*

It feels bad without proper balance, though. Hence the 50 pullups. Gonna train back more seriously now.

between pullups and BOR's your training looks pretty solid

Pullups will become weighted and paired off with 1A DB Rows, which I love now.

BORs will come back later and be helped by goodmornings with tight upper back arch and squeezed scapula to build scapular strength.

This will be rounded off with bandwork with facepulls, rear delt flyes and trap 3s. Hopefully I'll have some kind of solid back after summer.

Yeah for sure.. how long did the 50 pullups take to finish?

I suck at them. At 213lbs I can manage like 5 for a starting set, so they took 16 sets to finish and by the end it was sets of 3 2 and 1. But all dead hang no kip. Took a little less than an hour. 2-4 minutes rest between sets.

No wonder you just did the pullups and rows then. Thats more pullup work than a lot of people do in a week, myself included. You definitely want that back strength.

Back