Liddell - "It's gonna be hard for Conor to catch Khabib coming in on that low single"

If Khabib starts shooting & missing singles he should just kick him in the face on the ground. The ref will warn him, but then Conor can just say Khabib isn't fighting, and is just flopping on the ground. The ref will then warn Khabib he will take a point. At that juncture, Conor has won the round and forced Khabib to actually take risks.

One of the most ignored aspects of the yaquinta fight was how khabib went about procuring the takedown. Despite the defensive stance al adopted, eagle was able to catch him and drag his carcass to the ground without leaving any room for the counter .

1537126746281638.gif

Al is right-handed. (the gif is a mirrored image). Khabib shoots doubles on lefties. He isn't great finishing on the right leg of his opponent. Maybe Khabib has spent the whole camp working on singles against lefties, but I've never seen him finish a single leg shot on a left-handed opponent center cage. Here is a small gif of one of the few single legs Khabib has shot on a lefty since fighting Tibau. He couldn't finish on Horcher, had to push him back into the fence, then switch off to the other side to work his normal right underhook game. Khabib always seems to want to move his feet counterclockwise on his finishes, making it difficult to take down lefties.
23 khabib v horcher-muxed.gif

To be fair, I think Conor is much quicker than Al on the feet.

If Khabib gets him to the cage, then it's a different story.

But Conor should be able to avoid those shots from the center of the octagon

(from this range especially. I don't see how Khabib would be able to get ahold of conor here)
View attachment 437303
Hes lirerally leaning forward on his lead leg . Thats asking to be grabbed

You thinking you know Wrestling now??? You were a Boxing Pro just the other day.....Fkn Noob.

What's even funnier, is the fact you think that pre-mature stoppage in the May/Con fight was a "legitimate stoppage" by pro boxing standards....
I was never a pro. And no. I'm not a wrestler. But this isn't wrestling. Its MMA. And if someone is shooting a low single at your ankle, you want to be light on your feet, not heavy on them. Dummy.

And if you watched even one professional boxing card you'd see similar stoppages on it. Hell, munguia v cook on last nights card had a VERY similar stoppage and Brandon cook is a seasoned pro with like 2 losses total. Dummy.

I disagree that his best chance to win is in the third round after having Khabib “smothering” the first two rounds. Khabib doesn’t “smother,” he mauls. If he’s has Conor for the better part of two rounds on the mat raining down GNP, Conor ain’t winning. I’m not comparing fighters but look at Edson Barbosa round by round in the Khabib fight. You’re not the same fighter after being under Khabib 1 round let alone 2. It gasses fighters out and a gassed Conor’s power is compromised.
giphy.gif

I was saying the exact thing you are telling me Mano, to the poster I was speaking to.

Walking a puncher down with a high guard with no boxing gloves is a shit idea. Floyd fought Judah and Conor that way cause they were southpaws and a high guard is much easier due to having massive gloves.

Plus his hands will be in a unfamiliar position when he starts his entry into the single, or he will telegraph it by dropping them first. So Conor will teep to body.

Khabib will get a hold of him anyway.
This. Another reason why Overeem gets ktfo in MMA trying to block punches as if he has gloves

Chuck is the sprawl and brawl king.

He knows exactly how fooked Conor is.

Al went about stopping the low single the wrong way. He lowered his center of gravity and got heavier on his feet. You want to keep light on your feet and keep them away from the low single altogether.

Free game, you noobs
Jose Aldo was great at doing this. He made it impossible to even chain wrestle because he would defend and be gone .

I was never a pro. And no. I'm not a wrestler. But this isn't wrestling. Its MMA. And if someone is shooting a low single at your ankle, you want to be light on your feet, not heavy on them. Dummy.

And if you watched even one professional boxing card you'd see similar stoppages on it. Hell, munguia v cook on last nights card had a VERY similar stoppage and Brandon cook is a seasoned pro with like 2 losses total. Dummy.
You don't know shit about Wrestling...So stop trying to school "Noobs" about it. Even if it is "MMA"...The fundamentals are still the same.

And your so called Boxing education is severely flawed. I already proved this with you before...
It was a Pre-Mature stoppage. There was not ONE standing eight count, knockdown, or knockout.
I also proved it showing you this : https://brobible.com/sports/article/doctor-explained-why-referee-stopped-mayweather-mcgregor-fight/
Which you conveniently ignore......Dummy.

And to finish your self proclaimed greatness off...Conor's own words... “I thought it was a little early on the stoppage” .

You don't know shit about Wrestling...So stop trying to school "Noobs" about it. Even if it is "MMA"...The fundamentals are still the same.

And your so called Boxing education is severely flawed. I already proved this with you before...
It was a Pre-Mature stoppage. There was not ONE standing eight count, knockdown, or knockout.
I also proved it showing you this : https://brobible.com/sports/article/doctor-explained-why-referee-stopped-mayweather-mcgregor-fight/
Which you conveniently ignore......Dummy.

And to finish your self proclaimed greatness off...Conor's own words... “I thought it was a little early on the stoppage” .
Being heavy on your foot is the wrong way to avoid stop low singles. You want to be light on your feet.

The stoppage in the Mcgregor fight is a common stoppage that happens often in boxing.

These aren't my opinions.

Have a good day.

Says the Conor fan, who probably just started watching MMA when Conor blew up. Totally ignoring the fact Khabib just singled a former Wrestler, from the exact spot you say Conor (who has never wrestled) has no problem avoiding the shot from.

Khabib takes Conor down at will, from anywhere in the Cage.

I guess being a fan of Conor McGregor automatically means you began watching MMA after he got big <45>

The point of my comment was, Al was extremely stationary during that fight. Nobody can deny that. There was virtually no footwork. If that's Conor, he'll likely be able to avoid take downs in the center of the octagon. But yes, if/when Khabib gets him to the fence, it'll be a downhill battle for Conor.

I don't get why Khabib fans like yourself get so angry over shit like this. It's not like I stated anything that was absurd lol

I think Khabib's chances are more on getting Mcg into the clinch and tire him out. If he tries singles he might have mixed success due to Mcg's framing and backfoot defense. plus if he keeps moving to the sides he can make khabib hesitate. that's why taking McG to the clinch early is critical.

I think Khabib's chances are more on getting Mcg into the clinch and tire him out. If he tries singles he might have mixed success due to Mcg's framing and backfoot defense.
lol

All Khabib has to do is attempt a single to get Conor off balance and he'll initiate a scamble and it's chain wrestling city.

He doesn't even need to complete it.

Al is a sub top 15 fighter and Conor is extremely fast with footwork years beyond Al and some of the fastest reflexes in MMA history. Apples and oranges.

I have been saying this all the time, Conor can't defend against the low single when his stance is so wide. If he tries to punch Khabib, there isn't enough power and it isn't the right angle, the feet stay planted for that left hand, so Khabib will easily snatch it.

It will be soon over from there, that is just the reality.

Floyd is a much better boxer than Khabib. If it were Khabib vs Floyd the referee would have had to stop the action within a minute, regardless of size difference.

Right now the fake Khabib fans would have you believe Khabib is the best boxing talent we’ve ever seen.

lol

All Khabib has to do is attempt a single to get Conor off balance and he'll initiate a scamble and it's chain wrestling city.

He doesn't even need to complete it.

True, but we know Mcg is very crafty and im not a Mcg fan but we have to see every possibility in which khabib can take him to the ground.

If Khabib fails even a couple of times he’s in serious danger on the feet.

Very exciting fight.

Back