Liddell - "It's gonna be hard for Conor to catch Khabib coming in on that low single"

What Chuck says is true. He was a striker evrn tho he had some wrestling. Its very hard to get a good shot on someone moving that fast and being that low to the ground. Khabib is great at throwing a hard punch to get someone moving backwards in defense, and then grabbing them. Conor being a southpaw plays into this too. His lead leg is closer to Khabibs lead arm when attempting a takedown. The shorter distance to travel, combined with the speed Khabib can shoot at, its gonna be hard for conor to avoid the takedown for long.

If it gonna be so tough I hope we will all praise Conor accordingly when he does it.
People will attempt to discredit Conor if he pulls it off of course, but if he wins it will be monumental. On paper Khabib is probably Conor's toughest stylistic matchup.

Right now the fake Khabib fans would have you believe Khabib is the best boxing talent we’ve ever seen.

I hear you. After October Khabib will be getting tough fights win or lose and those guys will soon start dropping off pretty quickly.

I doubt it, concealed carry permit > MMA.

There's a dignity in MMA royalty. A majesty that precludes the likelihood of assassination. If you were to point a pistol at a Chuck or St. Pierre your hands would shakes as though palsied...I can assure you, if you did, that the sight of such MMA royalty would cause you to dismiss all thoughts of bloodshed and you would stand...how shall I put it? In awe.

There's a dignity in MMA royalty. A majesty that precludes the likelihood of assassination. If you were to point a pistol at a Chuck or St. Pierre your hands would shakes as though palsied...I can assure you, if you did, that the sight of such MMA royalty would cause you to dismiss all thoughts of bloodshed and you would stand...how shall I put it? In awe.
ee7394e51fb90f03400411b80ce7c5cb.gif

You might be right.

People will attempt to discredit Conor if he pulls it off of course, but if he wins it will be monumental. On paper Khabib is probably Conor's toughest stylistic matchup.
someone with lack of top 5 experience, and who most people (fans and haters) say cant hang in standup for even a handful of exhanges or safely for more than even a matter of seconds, who closes distance badly, and no powe double

I guess being a fan of Conor McGregor automatically means you began watching MMA after he got big <45>

The point of my comment was, Al was extremely stationary during that fight. Nobody can deny that. There was virtually no footwork. If that's Conor, he'll likely be able to avoid take downs in the center of the octagon. But yes, if/when Khabib gets him to the fence, it'll be a downhill battle for Conor.

I don't get why Khabib fans like yourself get so angry over shit like this. It's not like I stated anything that was absurd lol
It has nothing to do with me being a "Khabib Fan"....More to do with Conor fans not understanding simple Wrestling. Al is a far better Wrestler than Conor, and he was taken down, in that position. Conor, even with his movement coaches stellar work, stands no chance at avoiding the take down. Conor does not have to have his back against the cage, for Khabib to be successful with his take downs. Conor's TDD is not as good as any solid Wrestlers. Mini Mendez proved this already.

As far as the new fan comment, it was more because of what you said, and your join date. It's not absurd to think this way.

I was not meaning to offend you though. So I apologize for coming off rude to you.

Right now the fake Khabib fans would have you believe Khabib is the best boxing talent we’ve ever seen.
His boxing is shit, same as his flying knees.....But, his jab is getting better, as well as keeping his hands up a little more.

How will Conor deal with this mystical, new-fangled move called the single leg.

Khabib invented this move right? And there isn't some common martial art called wrestling where people master the fuck out of this move...and these "wrestlers" haven't been involved in MMA for decades now right?

I don’t see this fight lasting more than 3 min.. Conor starts the fight exactly how he did vs Eddie which is slow with wide stance and he hops around measuring range setting Khabib up and Khabib will be put away within 3 minutes.

People will be surprised how easy Conor makes this look

People will say Khabib has never beaten a top 5 fighter

People will say Khabib too drained from a brutal weight cut the day before, causing him to not be as durable

The stoppage in the Mcgregor fight is a common stoppage that happens often in boxing.
Wrong......

No standing eight count, knock down, or knockout. Not even close to "Common".

Please show me where "this happens often in boxing".... I'll wait.

@Final Say ...Still waiting....Please show me multiple examples of this ever happening in Pro Boxing...You say it's common....

Last edited:
His boxing is shit, same as his flying knees.....But, his jab is getting better, as well as keeping his hands up a little more.

I just rewatched Khabib/Al and Khabib was literally throwing jabs while his hand was at his waist for 80% of the fight.

Duck of Death

someone with lack of top 5 experience, and who most people (fans and haters) say cant hang in standup for even a handful of exhanges or safely for more than even a matter of seconds, who closes distance badly, and no powe double
Name a tougher stylistic matchup for Conor in the division

I just rewatched Khabib/Al and Khabib was literally throwing jabs while his hand was at his waist for 80% of the fight.
Ha! Yeah, Khabib never has his hand up....Never mind just looking at the Al fight...Here's some pictures to help you, as I am sure you learn better with them..
upload_2018-9-16_16-56-15.jpeg

images

That head kick would have fkd him up waaay worse, if his hand was not up.

And his jab is a hell of a lot better..

Poor muffin...Looking for any reason to get back at me for pissing you off...Triggered?

That is what you Conor fans say, isn't it?

Name a tougher stylistic matchup for Conor in the division
Fergie.

Conor loses against both on the ground and against both when wrestling. So their respective strengths here dont matter.

On the feet, Conor definitely wipes floor with khabib on paper, but fergie can make things complicated due to his variety of attacks.

Ha! Yeah, Khabib never has his hand up....Never mind just looking at the Al fight...Here's some pictures to help you, as I am sure you learn better with them..
View attachment 437353

images

That head kick would have fkd him up waaay worse, if his hand was not up.

And his jab is a hell of a lot better..

Poor muffin...Looking for any reason to get back at me for pissing you off...Triggered?

That is what you Conor fans say, isn't it?

I made mention that Khabib was very good to have his right hand up in my Khabib/Al breakdown. I don't know if you have seen him fight a southpaw and keep the left up, but I haven't.

Back