Liddell - "It's gonna be hard for Conor to catch Khabib coming in on that low single"

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

One of the most ignored aspects of the yaquinta fight was how khabib went about procuring the takedown. Despite the defensive stance al adopted, eagle was able to catch him and drag his carcass to the ground without leaving any room for the counter .

1537126746281638.gif

Conor will win by flying armbar or khabib KOs him with a pull counter left. These are the only acceptable outcomes.

To be fair, I think Conor is much quicker than Al on the feet.

If Khabib gets him to the cage, then it's a different story.

But Conor should be able to avoid those shots from the center of the octagon

(from this range especially. I don't see how Khabib would be able to get ahold of conor here)
conor-cross-into-lead-uppercut-cross.gif

Conor's wrestling and TDD sucks compared to Al as well.

Al stuffed Kevin Lee 7/8 times and fought Khabib in a defensive stance braced for TD's.

That is really Khabibs best shot - Spamming low single dives.

He doesn't want to be standing up tall and trying to body lock McG, or his chin will be like a huge bullseye, and Conors left hand is laser guided accurate.

Yeah. That's the game plan for Khabib. Grab that lead leg and push him against the cage.

Khabib doesn't need to take him down, he just needs to get Conor against that cage. I do see Conor avoiding the first few, but Khabib will be relentless doing so.

Flying knee like Romero/Weidman could end this in devastating fashion.

That is really Khabibs best shot - Spamming low single dives.

He doesn't want to be standing up tall and trying to body lock McG, or his chin will be like a huge bullseye, and Conors left hand is laser guided accurate.
not this shit again. If his left is laser guided accurate, how do you hype Mayweather?
Dlu1JkNX4AAfb5T.jpeg

One of the most ignored aspects of the yaquinta fight was how khabib went about procuring the takedown. Despite the defensive stance al adopted, eagle was able to catch him and drag his carcass to the ground without leaving any room for the counter .

1537126746281638.gif

No footwork from either man. Khabib is as good as dead.

Conor would have caught Khabib with a lazer-precise and lightning fast left if he was in Al's place in that gif.

Why do people pretend Khabib has any chance? lol Conor is obviously gonna win, it's just a matter of how hard Khabib will make him work for it.

If Khabib does anything else he is fucked. Until he wears conor down that is and then he can probably get more adventurous

A low single should be countered by a kick, doesn't have to be a punch.

To be fair, I think Conor is much quicker than Al on the feet.

If Khabib gets him to the cage, then it's a different story.

But Conor should be able to avoid those shots from the center of the octagon

(from this range especially. I don't see how Khabib would be able to get ahold of conor here)
View attachment 437303

Uhm very easy. When conor jumps in khabib goes low. Hell Eddie was able to push conor to cage in their fight. Khabib has to accept he's going to get hit and conor has to accept he is going to get tied and taken down. I think it's going to come down to who deals with their weaknesses the best.

Back