Liberal Hollywood kills another great Character....

If you saw someone with a MAGA hat on are you telling me you'd make no assumptions about that person? You'd think they are equally likely to be a Republican or Democrat, a liberal or a conservative, a feminist or a traditionalist? Nothing would come to mind?

I live in area that is mostly Trump supporters. Believe it or not, I don't walk around hating people simply because of their political views. Hell my own parents are Trumpers. My father used to be a heavy democrat, so it's a weird transition to see in his life.

So you are willing to give transgenders special consideration, yet don't want awareness being displayed in TV?

Sure I get to project my moral evaluations on the issue, just as you are doing, why are you going to cry about that like it is a talking point? Social morals change over time, it's fair to point that out and discuss what things may not be moral in today's society.

I wasn't calling you a racist, just pointing out that you were trying to go to an extreme to argue.
Yes, I am pointing out the inevitable product of applying our philosophy of not judging people based on the way they present themselves. I am not projecting my morality onto the situation, I am allowing people to project their morality on the situations they find themselves in. I am saying people should be allowed to judge on mutable characteristics, that is an inherently neutral position. You are saying that people shouldn't be able to judge, except in these situations where I think you should be able to judge. Today you find yourself in the moral majority, but what if tomorrow you don't? What if tomorrow there is some common social judgement against a group you think is undeserving? Defending individual liberty is heavy moral and emotional burden. But what other option is there?

Lol if you have moral conflicts or traumas about killing people with drones (oftentimes civilians because drone strikes are pretty indiscriminate) that's a sign of being ''too liberal'', not like you know, human or anything.

Yes, because that's what I said. Literally every American action in the show has some overtone of evil and malice to it, and the idea that a drone pilot stationed outside of Vegas could somehow travel to Syria ( a country sort of controlled by ISIS and being torn apart by Civil War) and just find the family of man he kills is absurd and self servingly stupid.

You shouldn't compare the lgbtq experience to that of African Americans in this country. You cheapen that experience when you do so. You also shouldn't compare one's chosen sexual preference and gender identity to one's race. You don't choose your race. And you can't hide your race. At least when faced with oppression lqbtqer's have the option to conform and not be persecuted. Can't hide your race though.

I believe a lot of people don't choose their sexual preference. So this whole post is just emptiness IMO. There have been people killed for their skin color and there have been people killed for their sexual orientation., the hate for those people was a lot alike. I'm not taking away from anyone struggle, so if someone wants to come at me with about it, it won't really change my opinion.

cant wait till the next james bond is a black guy...

Ok? The French weren't there for very long. That isn't a huge impact on anything, in my opinion.
Your opinion is wrong though, 1798 is a huge break in Egyptian history. Napoleon largely broke the power of the Mamluks and allowed for the rise of Mehmed Ali, who shaped the course of Egypt for over a century, which would've never happened had Napoleon not invaded given the fact that Mehmed Ali was a part of the Ottoman contingent that arrived in Egypt to expel the French.
He was still pretending to be there at the invitation of the Sultan months after the Ottomans declared war on the French, and the Sultan had sworn to personally kill him.
Sure but that doesn't contradict anything I said. Napoleon's army still marched through Arab countries, not Turkish territory.
It's the attitude that every day people are deserving of these attacks, and again, the history of the conflict between the cultures is not mentioned. It's simply implied that this man became a terrorist because the French are racist. That's literally as deep as it goes. It's shallow, empty nonsense that is nothing more than virtue signaling.
The ghettoization of French Muslims and the ills that result from that are an increasingly important social issue in France which is itself a highly relevant country in the War on Terror. Maybe in execution its just virtue signaling but its not entirely irrelevant.
I live in area that is mostly Trump supporters. Believe it or not, I don't walk around hating people simply because of their political views. Hell my own parents are Trumpers. My father used to be a heavy democrat, so it's a weird transition to see in his life.
I'm not asking if you'd judge the person negatively, I'm asking if you'd make assumptions about the person whether positive, negative, or neutral. Would or would you not make some assumptions about a person wearing a MAGA hat?

Yes, I am pointing out the inevitable product of applying our philosophy of not judging people based on the way they present themselves. I am not projecting my morality onto the situation, I am allowing people to project their morality on the situations they find themselves in. I am saying people should be allowed to judge on mutable characteristics, that is an inherently neutral position. You are saying that people shouldn't be able to judge, except in these situations where I think you should be able to judge. Today you find yourself in the moral majority, but what if tomorrow you don't? What if tomorrow there is some common social judgement against a group you think is undeserving? Defending individual liberty is heavy moral and emotional burden. But what other option is there?

You started with trying to compare someone openly being a neo-nazi to someone wearing the other genders clothing. I pointed out that the reason we are hung up on if some dude dressess in women's clothing, is only for some messed up social code we have.

I believe a lot of people don't choose their sexual preference. So this whole post is just emptiness IMO. There have been people killed for their skin color and there have been people killed for their sexual orientation., the hate for those people was a lot alike. I'm not taking away from anyone struggle, so if someone wants to come at me with about it, it won't really change my opinion.

Hate is hate, it's always alot alike. Whether it's the (misguided)Christian man who hates the gay person, the white guy who hates the black guy, the blood who hates the crip, the ex-boyfriend who hates the new boyfriend...it's all the same kind of hate.

My point is that the African American experience(up until 50 yrs or so ago) is a unique experience that wasn't simply based on hate. It was based on power, control, and exploitation. No other group has had an experience in America similar to that. Not gays, not trannys, not mexicans, not asians, not the irish...nobody. Yet these other groups, and those who buy into their rhetoric, exploit and cheapen the history of the African American experience when they use it for their own political and social gains.

Hate is hate, it's always alot alike. Whether it's the (misguided)Christian man who hates the gay person, the white guy who hates the black guy, the blood who hates the crip, the ex-boyfriend who hates the new boyfriend...it's all the same kind of hate.

My point is that the African American experience(up until 50 yrs or so ago) is a unique experience that wasn't simply based on hate. It was based on power, control, and exploitation. No other group has had an experience in America similar to that. Not gays, not trannys, not mexicans, not asians, not the irish...nobody. Yet these other groups, and those who buy into their rhetoric, exploit and cheapen the history of the African American experience when they use it for their own political and social gains.

I agree mostly, that's what drives me crazy about people not understanding why there is still heavy racial undertones when talking about the problems many African Americans still face today. Today's black youth's parents or grandparents faced open racism, they grew up knowing what America was like during the civil rights movement. That's why many of them feel insulted when so many white people act like racism isn't still an issue. The LGBT civil rights has gained a lot thanks to the Civil Rights movement of the African Americans.

Native Americans are the only other group in America whose plight is arguably as egregious as that of the blacks but even then it was qualitatively very different.

Your opinion is wrong though, 1798 is a huge break in Egyptian history. Napoleon largely broke the power of the Mamluks and allowed for the rise of Mehmed Ali, who shaped the course of Egypt for over a century, which would've never happened had Napoleon not invaded given the fact that Mehmed Ali was a part of the Ottoman contingent that arrived in Egypt to expel the French.

Sure but that doesn't contradict anything I said. Napoleon's army still marched through Arab countries, not Turkish territory.

The ghettoization of French Muslims and the ills that result from that are an increasingly important social issue in France which is itself a highly relevant country in the War on Terror. Maybe in execution its just virtue signaling but its not entirely irrelevant.

I'm not asking if you'd judge the person negatively, I'm asking if you'd make assumptions about the person whether positive, negative, or neutral. Would or would you not make some assumptions about a person wearing a MAGA hat?
The conversation isn't especially well done but it goes something like this.

Ryan: I don't understand how a Muslim with a degree who escapes the ghetto gets radicalized (this is an odd thing for him to say because in an earlier episode Ryan himself is making Bin Laden comparisons).

Cop: You think a piece of paper just opens doors? In America you can be an Italian American (I don't remember the other ethnicities she lists but the idea is we are more accepting of a variety of backgrounds). In France you are French or you aren't.

It's heavy handed, but it's not an endorsement of terrorism against French citizens. That's just dumb.

Native Americans are the only other group in America whose plight is arguably as egregious as that of the blacks but even then it was qualitatively very different.

Agreed. However, there's a theory some people have that the historical "native americans" were actually so called black people as well. Actually if you let Ben Franklin tell it all of Europe was filled with black and brown people rather than the Anglo Saxons we have been told about.

Comparing anti-transgender attitudes to the anti-black racism that blacks had to deal with is ridiculous. Black people were treated unfavorably for something they had zero control over. Transgenders are treated unfavorably for "identifying" as something they're not, and then demanding society treat them like what they pretend to be. Some things shouldn't be normalized.

Good Lord, is this what you conservatives do in your free time?

You started with trying to compare someone openly being a neo-nazi to someone wearing the other genders clothing. I pointed out that the reason we are hung up on if some dude dressess in women's clothing, is only for some messed up social code we have.
That is your opinion. Neither of us is infallible, and society certainly isn't. So no, I do not trust society to police these issues. If you had told me 10 years ago that SJWs had become a major threat to western civilization I wouldn't have believed you. So I don't think we will agree on which groups society should censor.

That is your opinion. Neither of us is infallible, and society certainly isn't. So no, I do not trust society to police these issues. If you had told me 10 years ago that SJWs had become a major threat to western civilization I wouldn't have believed you. So I don't think we will agree on which groups society should censor.
Do you honestly feel SJW's are a major threat to western civilization?

Do you honestly feel SJW's are a major threat to western civilization?
I think they are currently THE threat to western civilization. Groups with Utopian dreams have committed the greatest atrocities in human history. There is no price to high to pay to usher in Utopia and the when the out group is marked for death there is no price to high to remain in the in group.

There was a time I didn't understand how it was possible that communists had killed so many people, but looking into the beast that the SJWs has shown me pretty clearly how vicious people can get when they feel an indisputable sense of righteousness.

I haven't seen it and I have no idea if it's too "pro-America" or too "leftist" or what. For me its bigger problem is that they're expecting me to buy friggin Jim from the Office as an action hero? Hard pass.

This was my thoughts as well. Hes played Jim to much and not just in the office.

The conversation isn't especially well done but it goes something like this.

Ryan: I don't understand how a Muslim with a degree who escapes the ghetto gets radicalized (this is an odd thing for him to say because in an earlier episode Ryan himself is making Bin Laden comparisons).

Cop: You think a piece of paper just opens doors? In America you can be an Italian American (I don't remember the other ethnicities she lists but the idea is we are more accepting of a variety of backgrounds). In France you are French or you aren't.

It's heavy handed, but it's not an endorsement of terrorism against French citizens. That's just dumb.
That's something I see talked about a lot, the exclusivity of the French identity. You're either not French enough to be French or if you somehow manage to pass that threshold you cannot claim any other identity. Not a huge fan of Trevor Noah but he touched upon this in one of his segments. He joked that since most of the French team in the World Cup were of African background that it was actually Africa that won the World Cup and he got a critical letter from the French Ambassador for it.

Back