Liberal Hollywood kills another great Character....

Well when you said this

it almost came off as to you being oblivious as to why the French would be associated with the wrongs of the West in the Muslim world. If you were aware why are you shocked? We're not exactly talking about Switzerland or Norway here.

"Deserve" being the key word. The French haven't been in Algeria for 60 years, and none of the Terrorists are Algerian. These things you mentioned by the way, are not addressed in the show. The French apparently being arrogant Westerners who don't like Arabs is the real problem, if you watch the show.

What is it with basement dwelling incels always finding something "librul" to whine about?

1.) Is "basement dwelling incel" your best insult?

2.) Whose bot account is this?

Almost every issue is more complex than just simply point to one thing. Yes people push their agenda, everyone does right, left, and everything in between. Our social structure is always in flex, the United States social structure has been heavily changing due to civil rights since the women's rights movement. I support treating everyone as equals. Trannies are weird to me, I have admitted it, but they still face heavy Social stigmas just because of how they decide to dress. People need to be judged on their actions not appearance.
Why should you not judge people based on the way they present themselves?

Almost every issue is more complex than just simply point to one thing. Yes people push their agenda, everyone does right, left, and everything in between. Our social structure is always in flex, the United States social structure has been heavily changing due to civil rights since the women's rights movement. I support treating everyone as equals. Trannies are weird to me, I have admitted it, but they still face heavy Social stigmas just because of how they decide to dress. People need to be judged on their actions not appearance.
When it comes to entertainment there's no question that its the left that has more influence. Even when a specific work isn't overtly political you can count on a kind of cosmopolitanism to be the default set of values.

This is one reason I like anime, its completely divorced from the political and cultural context of the US. Its made by Japanese people for Japanese people so there's no PC shit or backlash against said PC shit. When they have a tranny or gay character its usually a pretty politically incorrect take on it.
"Deserve" being the key word. The French haven't been in Algeria for 60 years, and none of the Terrorists are Algerian. These things you mentioned by the way, are not addressed in the show. The French apparently being arrogant Westerners who don't like Arabs is the real problem, if you watch the show.
The example of Algeria is one that came off the top of my head but they are hardly the only Arab country to be colonized by the French. Are these terrorists from Tunisia? Syria? Lebanon? Even Egypt has a, albeit quite brief, colonial history with the French with Napoleon's invasion of the country in 1798.

When it comes to entertainment there's no question that its the left that has more influence. Even when a specific work isn't overtly political you can count on a kind of cosmopolitanism to be the default set of values.

This is one reason I like anime, its completely divorced from the political and cultural context of the US. Its made by Japanese people for Japanese people so there's no PC shit or backlash against said PC shit. When they have a tranny or gay character its usually a pretty politically incorrect take on it.

The example of Algeria is one that came off the top of my head but they are hardly the only Arab country to be colonized by the French. Are these terrorists from Tunisia? Syria? Lebanon? Even Egypt has a, albeit quite brief, colonial history with the French with Napoleon's invasion of the country in 1798.

Lebanese. Also, 1798 was a long time ago. Napoleon attacked the Ottoman Empire, under the premise of aiding it somehow. Again, I'm not arguing that the French haven't had conflicts with Islamic peoples in the past, it is the entire tone of the show. There is a totally needless storyline about a drone pilot who is morally conflicted and has to travel to Syria to visit the family of a man he killed, just, you know, because.

I'm not clicking a link to Vanity Fair. Sorry TS.

Why should you not judge people based on the way they present themselves?

Does it matter if someone wears a dress or pants? Really those things are only thought to be weird because we have decided as a society that men and women must dress different. It really has nothing to do with the character of the person. People must wear only these thing or they are outcasted from our society. We can't get anymore fake than that.

1.) Is "basement dwelling incel" your best insult?

2.) Whose bot account is this?

In terms of posters on here you do seem to whine a lot about the liberal media.
Pretty easy not to watch what you're watching.

I really don't see how the Jack Ryan tv show is liberal, seemed like standard u.s. vs terrorists tv show. Ryan kicking their asses.

Lebanese.
<WellThere>
Also, 1798 was a long time ago.
But its an event with massive significance for the history of the region since. Napoleon brought with him many researchers which resulted in the Description de l'Égypte which had a large cultural and academic impact in the West and his toppling of the Mamluks in Egypt set in motion the events that led to the Oriental Crisis.
Napoleon attacked the Ottoman Empire, under the premise of aiding it somehow.
He invaded Egypt and then went on to march through other Arab territories. Those were controlled on paper by the Ottomans but in practice many, like Egypt, were not which is why Napoleon thought he was doing them a favor. But the point is Napoleon's army marched through territory populated primarily by Arabs, not Turks.
Again, I'm not arguing that the French haven't had conflicts with Islamic peoples in the past, it is the entire tone of the show. There is a totally needless storyline about a drone pilot who is morally conflicted and has to travel to Syria to visit the family of a man he killed, just, you know, because.
So what are you arguing here? Clearly the French have their history in that region of the world that is less than savory, is your problem that this is acknowledged or what? Should the show not address that at all? Haven't seen the show but personally I'm tired of Americans getting so much blame for the clusterfuck over there when it seems to me the British and the French are far more to blame than we are.

Wanna know what sort of television has no liberal nonsense whatsoever and that I highly recommend?
69d37cc67856eb206849680173d69174.gif

King of the Hill?

King of the Hill?
No I meant anime but King of the Hill is a great show. It sort of straddles the line between liberal and conservative politics well without ever forgetting that the focus should be on the characters and not the politics. As a kid I thought it was boring but as I got older I appreciated it more.

Does it matter if someone wears a dress or pants? Really those things are only thought to be weird because we have decided as a society that men and women must dress different. It really has nothing to do with the character of the person. People must wear only these thing or they are outcasted from our society. We can't get anymore fake than that.
Whether it matters to me isn't the point. How you present yourself isn't an inherent characteristic. I am 100% on board with not judging individuals by their immutable characteristics, but forcing people to pretend that peoples choices don't reflect on them is imo an unfair infringement on that persons rights. Socially acceptable presentation doesn't divide us, it unites us. Social uniforms reduce out-grouping, they doing increase it. That is why work uniforms exist, in order to help us put aside any other material differences and recognize each other as members of the same team.

I also disagree that how a person presents themselves isn't reflective of their character. If a neo-nazi skin head looking guy with a swastika tattoo on his forehead walks into your coffee shop and applies for a job, you don't think that reflects on his character? How about a summer dress wearing girl with a mood ring? Many people consider their clothes a major part of their self expression. I think that people have the right to respond to that form of self expression the same way they would to any other.

No I meant anime but King of the Hill is a great show. It sort of straddles the line between liberal and conservative politics well without ever forgetting that the focus should be on the characters and not the politics. As a kid I thought it was boring but as I got older I appreciated it more.
That's actually a pretty good observation. King of the Hill didn't go out of its way to bash conservatives the way most tv does, but it didn't shy away from making them look silly in the cases where the truth made them look silly.

I thought vanity fair was a magazine for women and gays?

That's actually a pretty good observation. King of the Hill didn't go out of its way to bash conservatives the way most tv does, but it didn't shy away from making them look silly in the cases where the truth made them look silly.
It doesn't reduce those conservatives to cardboard cutouts. In a lot of cases they are redeemed not by virtue of being right but by virtue of being people with their heart in the right place.

how are there 8 episodes out, i was waiting for this show for like a year.

Needs more Pam.

Back