Liberal Hollywood kills another great Character....

Pretty sure if you're butthurt at Jack Ryan being "too librul", the only thing that is going to quench your thirst for entertainment is Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and reruns of "Last Man Standing".

I'd say "Commando" but Arnold has been critical of your god-emperor, so you're probably butthurt about that, too.

Whether it matters to me isn't the point. How you present yourself isn't an inherent characteristic. I am 100% on board with not judging individuals by their immutable characteristics, but forcing people to pretend that peoples choices don't reflect on them is imo an unfair infringement on that persons rights. Socially acceptable presentation doesn't divide us, it unites us. Social uniforms reduce out-grouping, they doing increase it. That is why work uniforms exist, in order to help us put aside any other material differences and recognize each other as members of the same team.

I also disagree that how a person presents themselves isn't reflective of their character. If a neo-nazi skin head looking guy with a swastika tattoo on his forehead walks into your coffee shop and applies for a job, you don't think that reflects on his character? How about a summer dress wearing girl with a mood ring? Many people consider their clothes a major part of their self expression. I think that people have the right to respond to that form of self expression the same way they would to any other.

Transgender = neo-nazi? Is that really the argument you want to role with? I man wearing women's business attire instead of men's, is not comparable to a person openlily wearing racist shit. Just because certain things are the current social norms, doesn't mean they are moral. Do I really need to write a post about things in history that were social norms but not moral?

It doesn't reduce those conservatives to cardboard cutouts. In a lot of cases they are redeemed not by virtue of being right but by virtue of being people with their heart in the right place.
I agree, and in that way I think its often reflective of run of the mill of conservatives. Who mean well but by virtue of naturally fitting into the majority have difficulty relating to people with naturally out grouped tendencies.

Say what you want but Big Brother has/had a great premise. It's basically a big social experiment that puts a bunch of strangers in a house and the only way to survive is through lies, manipulation, and backstabbing. When done right its a good show.

Kind of like the Trump Administration amirite?

Transgender = neo-nazi? Is that really the argument you want to role with? I man wearing women's business attire instead of men's, is not comparable to a person openlily wearing racist shit. Just because certain things are the current social norms, doesn't mean they are moral. Do I really need to write a post about things in history that were social norms but not moral?
No, that's not what I am saying at all. But no, you don't get to inject your moral evaluations into the issue. While I am hardly on board with racists, I am equally not on board with communists and SJW's (and fascists of all stripes). I don't have the right to force others to not have an opinion.

Also, transgenders aren't cross dressers. They are completely separate groups with completely separate issues that are being conflated for political purposes. If someone is genuinely transitioning then they may be worthy of special consideration. Cross dressers are not worthy of special consideration.

It's been about 4 or 5 years now where I watch almost zero television shows or movies. Pretty much anything with a script, acting, or hollywood produced I have no interest in. I don't say that out of spite or determination. I really, truly don't care to watch any of it. Give me some sports, a documentary, a speech, a podcast, a debate, a sermon, a how to video or something. But keeps your movies and tv shows.
You should check out a documentary on that Galileo Galilei dude and how he proved heliocentrism despite the best efforts of the Roman Inquisition. It's a cool story.

i couldnt get past the fact that Jack Ryan was sitting in the room with a middle easterner, african american, hipster, and asian Sorry thats just not how the world works.

its like they are trying to fill the quota on who not to offend. Im offended.

No, that's not what I am saying at all. But no, you don't get to inject your moral evaluations into the issue. While I am hardly on board with racists, I am equally not on board with communists and SJW's (and fascists of all stripes). I don't have the right to force others to not have an opinion.

Also, transgenders aren't cross dressers. They are completely separate groups with completely separate issues that are being conflated for political purposes. If someone is genuinely transitioning then they may be worthy of special consideration. Cross dressers are not worthy of special consideration.

So you are willing to give transgenders special consideration, yet don't want awareness being displayed in TV?

Sure I get to project my moral evaluations on the issue, just as you are doing, why are you going to cry about that like it is a talking point? Social morals change over time, it's fair to point that out and discuss what things may not be moral in today's society.

I wasn't calling you a racist, just pointing out that you were trying to go to an extreme to argue.

Seen 5 episodes, not only the actors are awful (French cop, main actor) but the story is bad.

/spoiler

They take days to use the in game msg, Ryan just mentions in a conf as if it was brilliant.

The casual way he finds the cell phone password

How the french cop places the blame on french people for terrorism, how they are at fault for not embracing muslims.

Ryan on the second or third episode just lets the terrorist run away, stops running for no reason.

You should check out a documentary on that Galileo Galilei dude and how he proved heliocentrism despite the best efforts of the Roman Inquisition. It's a cool story.

I did and it was riveting...in the 3rd grade. But like I said I'm not really into Hollywood fiction anymore.

Almost every issue is more complex than just simply point to one thing. Yes people push their agenda, everyone does right, left, and everything in between. Our social structure is always in flex, the United States social structure has been heavily changing due to civil rights since the women's rights movement. I support treating everyone as equals. Trannies are weird to me, I have admitted it, but they still face heavy Social stigmas just because of how they decide to dress. People need to be judged on their actions not appearance.

Trannies are people and should be treated with love and empathy like all of God's children. However, there is a reason they are "weird" to you. It's because the unnatural mixing of male and female, masculine and feminine is spiritually and physiologically disturbing. You have a natural revulsion to such an backwards act because it goes against the natural order of things. That's why you have to condition yourself, and everyone else, to not find it weird. And you are trying to achieve this by putting it in our faces enough until we become desensitized to it.

Again, no hate for anyone who is struggling with gender identity or simply wants to be something different than they are. But cross dressing and gender conversion is a fundamentally evil act, and causes a natural revulsion, and I can't pretend otherwise.

Trannies are people and should be treated with love and empathy like all of God's children. However, there is a reason they are "weird" to you. It's because the unnatural mixing of male and female, masculine and feminine is spiritually and physiologically disturbing. You have a natural revulsion to such an backwards act because it goes against the natural order of things. That's why you have to condition yourself, and everyone else, to not find it weird. And you are trying to achieve this by putting it in our faces enough until we become desensitized to it.

Again, no hate for anyone who is struggling with gender identity or simply wants to be something different than they are. But cross dressing and gender conversion is a fundamentally evil act, and causes a natural revulsion, and I can't pretend otherwise.

The reason it is weird to me is because I can't relate to the feeling of not having the right body, that is a mental aspect that I have talked about on sherdog before. The hate that they face can be compared to the racial and sexual discrimination that we have all seen happen.

There is a totally needless storyline about a drone pilot who is morally conflicted and has to travel to Syria to visit the family of a man he killed, just, you know, because.

Lol if you have moral conflicts or traumas about killing people with drones (oftentimes civilians because drone strikes are pretty indiscriminate) that's a sign of being ''too liberal'', not like you know, human or anything.

If you saw someone with a MAGA hat on are you telling me you'd make no assumptions about that person? You'd think they are equally likely to be a Republican or Democrat, a liberal or a conservative, a feminist or a traditionalist? Nothing would come to mind?

Say what you want but Big Brother has/had a great premise. It's basically a big social experiment that puts a bunch of strangers in a house and the only way to survive is through lies, manipulation, and backstabbing. When done right its a good show.
Jesus isn't a liberal hippy tho. That's just a common, contrived trope that only works for those who don't know the Word.
<36>

The reason it is weird to me is because I can't relate to the feeling of not having the right body, that is a mental aspect that I have talked about on sherdog before. The hate that they face can be compared to the racial and sexual discrimination that we have all seen happen.

You shouldn't compare the lgbtq experience to that of African Americans in this country. You cheapen that experience when you do so. You also shouldn't compare one's chosen sexual preference and gender identity to one's race. You don't choose your race. And you can't hide your race. At least when faced with oppression lqbtqer's have the option to conform and not be persecuted. Can't hide your race though.

But its an event with massive significance for the history of the region since. Napoleon brought with him many researchers which resulted in the Description de l'Égypte which had a large cultural and academic impact in the West and his toppling of the Mamluks in Egypt set in motion the events that led to the Oriental Crisis..

Ok? The French weren't there for very long. That isn't a huge impact on anything, in my opinion.

He invaded Egypt and then went on to march through other Arab territories. Those were controlled on paper by the Ottomans but in practice many, like Egypt, were not which is why Napoleon thought he was doing them a favor. But the point is Napoleon's army marched through territory populated primarily by Arabs, not Turks.

He was still pretending to be there at the invitation of the Sultan months after the Ottomans declared war on the French, and the Sultan had sworn to personally kill him.

So what are you arguing here? Clearly the French have their history in that region of the world that is less than savory, is your problem that this is acknowledged or what? Should the show not address that at all? Haven't seen the show but personally I'm tired of Americans getting so much blame for the clusterfuck over there when it seems to me the British and the French are far more to blame than we are

It's the attitude that every day people are deserving of these attacks, and again, the history of the conflict between the cultures is not mentioned. It's simply implied that this man became a terrorist because the French are racist. That's literally as deep as it goes. It's shallow, empty nonsense that is nothing more than virtue signaling.

Back