Let's try a new kind of Sherdog thread.

Anyone made any progress?

Worked several attempts of the Xande sweep in during guard passing drills. I didn't get time to actually drill this without resistance, however I was able to successfully hit the sweep on a couple people. Seems like a good addition for my game and will continue to work on it.

question on the xande sweep.. sometimes during rolling my partner keeps his arms tight and my leg cant "cut" up into the armpit enough to sweep him over, what should I do?

question on the xande sweep.. sometimes during rolling my partner keeps his arms tight and my leg cant "cut" up into the armpit enough to sweep him over, what should I do?

do something else? not every move can work in every situation obviously.

Open his elbows by pulling on them.

Or look for a different sweep. You can't always force your way to the sweep you want. If someone is staying low and tight, consider breaking their posture very close to you, getting off-center and looking for a pendulum type sweep or arm drag around the back.

Xande sweep actually works better when the guy is posturing up. I used to think you need to break the guy's posture. Try it once when you make the guy posture up and his hips are forward - sweep like nothing.

I also love the xande sweep. But I have one question, have you guys ever had the leg coming up into the arm it inadvertently continue moving, and end up going all the way across their body letting them pass? I did this at my last GQ tournament, I launched the dude with the sweep, but I guess I made to much distance between us, and my leg didn't stay on his back=(

I also love the xande sweep. But I have one question, have you guys ever had the leg coming up into the arm it inadvertently continue moving, and end up going all the way across their body letting them pass? I did this at my last GQ tournament, I launched the dude with the sweep, but I guess I made to much distance between us, and my leg didn't stay on his back=(

This only happens when you don't sufficiently control their opposite side arm. You have to give them no base to that side...either leg or arm.

[YT]izOKqOptQxA[/YT]

Will Try this one.

I already worked on Hilary's breadcutter from a kimura stalemate, but didn't get to apply it in rolling.

Here's mine:

[YT]IJucTol9SQc[/YT]

Keep this fantastic thread alive!

if you're going to drill the Xande sweep you should get this one in the mix two. It's another variation Xande does a lot as shown by Rafael Lovato Jr:

I'll be drilling my Cyborg Tornado sweep this week... at least I got the DVD to help me now.

this is awesome-- he breaks down the xande sweep instead of the other 5 sec clip of it being done in competition.

working on this tonight. I will teach people to try to posture in my guard :p

I hit this move ALOT, I'm pretty sure I do somethings wrong since it was never taught to me. I just had Marcelo Azevedo put me in this once and I reverse engineered it the best I could and I land it all the time.

And this is my favorite sequence, I hit this all the time. Starts a .28 seconds (Anyone know how to make a video START at a specific point?)

I hit this move ALOT, I'm pretty sure I do somethings wrong since it was never taught to me. I just had Marcelo Azevedo put me in this once and I reverse engineered it the best I could and I land it all the time.

And this is my favorite sequence, I hit this all the time. Starts a .28 seconds (Anyone know how to make a video START at a specific point?)

It looks like Triangle -> Armbar -> Omoplata -> Crucifix Choke

Is that what I'm seeing there? Nice stuff.

nothing feels smoother to me than giftwrap pendulum sweeping a much larger guy perfectly without the mat making a sound :icon_chee

you can hear the confusion in the opponents brain.

Since this thread had such nifty videos, I was wondering if anyone knew of a video that has an instructional/tips on the type of armbar that Paulo Filho used on Chael Sonnen in their first fight. The one where he like figure fours his legs with the one foot under the chin. Thangyuveddymuch.

I haven't worked a lot of flying moves before... but for some reason, this flying armbar throws people off.

ps. this is the best video I could find of this particular flying armbar

how's everyone doing... im still working on my timing with the xande sweep, its gonna end up being a good addition for me.

I telegraph the hell out of that sweep, it's defiantely about timing.

I telegraph the hell out of that sweep, it's defiantely about timing.

I used to. I've gotten decent at combining it with other movements or waiting for their actions. It think it works particularly well when people try the knee in butt guard break, because they tell you which way they want to be swept....to the knee on butt side.

Back