Let's think of ideas for the next Star Wars

Going back is probably more entertaining than going forward, as the other poster mentioned.
The old Republic presents many potentially interesting scenarios that would make for entertaining films.
How the Siths came to the rule of two, how they fought the Jedis, the Mandalorians, etc.

Truth be told, if you go into the future, I'd rather erase the sequel trilogy and go with a more classic "New Republic vs. Imperial Remnants" plot setting. Make it daring. This time the Empire should be the "rebels", and the New Republic the overbearing aggressor. Protagonists could be the new Jedis of the neo-Jedi order, sent to root out Imperial Remnants.

Damn, all this gives me ideas...I feel like I could start writing a script lol.
That's the idea ITT mang. Fire away!!

They need to give complete writing control to the people that wrote clone wars and the current mandalorian series.

crossover between firefly, star trek os, and star wars.

Culminates in a three way between kirk, mal, and solo. Causes a singularity that resets each series (except Star trek because it's already been reset.)

Maybe a story about a sexy, down on her luck Hutt that is trying to right the wrongs of her family while trying to break her habit of falling for bad boys.

Opening scene...

Rey is training on a tightrope over a crevice that has acid, lava and spikes at the bottom. She is focusing carefully, balancing with the force.

"We save the things we love!"

Rey hears the voice from nearby on the tightrope and looks over, confused. Rose Tico runs along the tightrope and tackles her. They both fall off the tightrope and into the lava. They die. Rose Tico blows her a kiss as they both melt and burn.

Luke wakes up on Tattooine. He is reading a book he bought from some sand Jawas for two credits. It's a work of fiction that has some stories about a place called Ah-choo that doesn't exist, something about a Snook, sounds like a bunch of bullshit. He donates it at the local charity bin.

The opening crawl begins.

EPISODE 7...

A down-on-her-luck Hutt? WTF? Boy I'll tell you whut. No ifs ands or buts.

crossover between firefly, star trek os, and star wars.

Culminates in a three way between kirk, mal, and solo. Causes a singularity that resets each series (except Star trek because it's already been reset.)
A singularity? That's silly

Opening scene...

Rey is training on a tightrope over a crevice that has acid, lava and spikes at the bottom. She is focusing carefully, balancing with the force.

"We save the things we love!"

Rey hears the voice from nearby on the tightrope and looks over, confused. Rose Tico runs along the tightrope and tackles her. They both fall off the tightrope and into the lava. They die. Rose Tico blows her a kiss as they both melt and burn.

Luke wakes up on Tattooine. He is reading a book he bought from some sand Jawas for two credits. It's a work of fiction that has some stories about a place called Ah-choo that doesn't exist, something about a Snook, sounds like a bunch of bullshit. He donates it at the local charity bin.

The opening crawl begins.

EPISODE 7...
Needs more characters we know in places we know

Going back is probably more entertaining than going forward, as the other poster mentioned.
The old Republic presents many potentially interesting scenarios that would make for entertaining films.
How the Siths came to the rule of two, how they fought the Jedis, the Mandalorians, etc.

Truth be told, if you go into the future, I'd rather erase the sequel trilogy and go with a more classic "New Republic vs. Imperial Remnants" plot setting. Make it daring. This time the Empire should be the "rebels", and the New Republic the overbearing aggressor. Protagonists could be the new Jedis of the neo-Jedi order, sent to root out Imperial Remnants.

Damn, all this gives me ideas...I feel like I could start writing a script lol.

When you go back it's far less damaging than going forward and undoing shit

KOTOR is the only option

Now that I think about it, a trilogy centered around Rose might be great.

Central conflict, she can't get fucked

STAR WARS EPISODE 10: The force RE-awakens

Back