• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

.....So lets settle it for now.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

So you're relying on a popular vote of Sherdog posters to see who the GOAT is?

I am not sure how you can compare different divisions objectively. The only way the HW GOAT is not the overall GOAT (for me at least) is if the GOAT from a lower weight class was able to have major wins in higher weight classes.

Silva is probably the only contender based on that criteria. Unfortunately, he failed a drug test which is a big deal. And he has never beaten an active LHW champ.

So Fedor is the GOAT.

According to source, ducked Reem twice. Been can crushing since 05. Has been almost ktfo by a can. Went on a 3 fight losing streak during ducking Reem. Got 1 punched by a mw

No losses avenged.

GSP is ahead bro

lol yeah, this thread will settle things...

Jon Jones is the GOAT. In fact, he's the only person to ever beat Jon Jones.

But for real, i believe he's the only GOAT candidate that would have beaten all the other candidates.

Been crushing dinosaurs. Beyond Glover Gus DC who was in their prime? Many who actually watch mma saw His beat Jones and send him to the hospital a broken mess despite another ufc robbery.

I really like to focus on four men (sorry BJ ur still the best in my eyes):

Georges St Pierre
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Fedor Emelianenko

1) Fight record
2) Skillset
3) Opponent quality
4) Finish rate

If you balance these out it is a very tough matchup. Anderson Silva still seems to come out on top, but by just a hair. Jon Jones is on track to becoming the greatest if he gets some more dominant wins, but I'm not quite ready to proclaim him the new King.

I have to add though, that Fedor was the size of Vitor and Wanderlei and was incredible successful at HW.

So, basically, your effort to settle this once and for all didn´t settle sh¡t.
This is Sherdog, after all.

>Premier org
>Dead and got bought out by the UFC during Fedor's undefeated run

Noobsauce indeed.

Noobsauce INDEED.

Pride was purchased by the UFC 5 years after Fedor won the HW championship in the most premier org in the world.

Nerds like you will go way out of their way to pretend Fedor never fought in an elite org. But nerds like you were also playing with magic cards when all this was going down.

Noobsauce INDEED.

Pride was purchased by the UFC 5 years after Fedor won the HW championship in the most premier org in the world.

Nerds like you will go way out of their way to pretend Fedor never fought in an elite org. But nerds like you were also playing with magic cards when all this was going down.

>premier org
>goes bankrupt and gets bought in a couple of years

Pick one

>GOAT
>No fight in premier org during his reign, not even close to biggest draw

Pick one

Yeah let's go ahead and debate which religion is the good one once and for all too.

These threads are dumb.

Let's just everyone in Pride was in something...

Didn't he still beat all of them!?
Also which UFC star went out his way to go fight Fedor in his Prime!? ....... I'll wait .......

Well, Barnett always wanted to fight him. Unless you mean which current UFC champ went out of his way. That was Randy Couture---gave up the belt to pursue Fedor. Maybe you don't understand how contracts work.

Why didn't Fedor ever go out his way to fight in the U.S? Oh wait, he did. And he went 3-3.

.500 fighter under drug testing.

>premier org
>goes bankrupt and gets bought in a couple of years

Pick one

>GOAT
>No fight in premier org during his reign, not even close to biggest draw

Pick one

It didnt go bankrupt after a couple of years, geek.

It got purchased after being the premeir org for 7 years. Fedor was champion for 5 of those years while the UFC best HWs were Tim Sylvia, Couture and Arlovski.

So shhh. Nerd.

It didnt go bankrupt after a couple of years, geek.

It got purchased after being the premeir org for 7 years. Fedor was champion for 5 of those years while the UFC best HWs were Tim Sylvia, Couture and Arlovski.

So shhh. Nerd.

If it was so premier how did it go bankrupt in 7 years?

And if UFC bought the premier org doesn't make the UFC double premier? If so why didn't Fedor fight in the double premier org called UFC after they bought Pride?

Shhh noobsauce.

I made a poll awhile ago about "who is the greatest MMA fighter?" and Fedor decisively won that poll.

I am not sure how you can compare different divisions objectively. The only way the HW GOAT is not the overall GOAT (for me at least) is if the GOAT from a lower weight class was able to have major wins in higher weight classes.

Silva is probably the only contender based on that criteria. Unfortunately, he failed a drug test which is a big deal. And he has never beaten an active LHW champ.

So Fedor is the GOAT.

I don't buy the HW GOAT is automatically the GOAT argument based purely on the fact that all competing LHWs are probably 15-25lbs into the HW division as it is. A big LHW is only going to be yielding 10-15lbs (max) against a medium-sized HW like Fedor.

Even if you buy into the HW GOAT is GOAT nonsense you have to give the LHWs consideration.

Could Jon Jones beat Fedor? Yeah, I think he'd have a shot at it.

If it was so premier how did it go bankrupt in 7 years?

And if UFC bought the premier org doesn't make the UFC double premier? If so why didn't Fedor fight in the double premier org called UFC after they bought Pride?

Shhh noobsauce.

UFC may have bought out Pride but at that time they were still no where near absorbing all the talent that they have now to become "premier" Which is why Fedor went to Affliction and SF because
both orgs had better HWs and only after that did the UFC absorb all of that talent which was like 2011. By the time the UFC became Premier, Fedor was way past his prime, made millions and was retired.

Nice try at rewriting history, geek but,you PHALE.

I don't buy the HW GOAT is automatically the GOAT argument based purely on the fact that all competing LHWs are probably 15-25lbs into the HW division as it is. A big LHW is only going to be yielding 10-15lbs (max) against a medium-sized HW like Fedor.

Even if you buy into the HW GOAT is GOAT nonsense you have to give the LHWs consideration.

Could Jon Jones beat Fedor? Yeah, I think he'd have a shot at it.

Could Ali beat a modern day LHW champ? It is a different era of the sport under different rules.

UFC may have bought out Pride but at that time they were still no where near absorbing all the talent that they have now to become "premier"

Affliction had better HWs and so did Strikeforce and only after that did the UFC absorb all of that talent which was like 2011 when Fedor was 6 years past his prime. By the time the UFC beame Premier, Fedor was way past his prime, made millions and was retired.

Nice try at rewriting history, geek but,you PHALE.

UFC bought Pride and absorbed all Pride contracts.

If existing UFC + absorbed Pride contracts doesn't make UFC premier, then clearly Pride itself wasn't premier.

The premier org also doesn't get bought out by a less org. When A buys B, A > B, therefore Pride wasn't premier.

So Fedor never fought in a premier org to begin with.

PHALE X 10

There's only one

a4b4e1d8ba79.gif

Back