• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

Well, Barnett always wanted to fight him. Unless you mean which current UFC champ went out of his way. That was Randy Couture---gave up the belt to pursue Fedor. Maybe you don't understand how contracts work.

Why didn't Fedor ever go out his way to fight in the U.S? Oh wait, he did. And he went 3-3.

.500 fighter under drug testing.

Right I don't understand how contracts work, but maybe Fedor didn't sign any either. You condescending prick.

Yeah tell me more tales about the great Fedor chase ...... Also I said Fedor in his prime. Or maybe you can't wrap your head around what that means....

Why will any great fighters Chase other fighters!?

If the best LHW in the world resided in Bellator would you tell him to come to the UFC to fight Jones!? The answer is no, if Jones wants to fight that guy the he goes to him not vice versa..... Not whine and bitch about the guy not coming o fight him...

I'm not sure who the goat mw and hw are since Anderson is a proven steroid cheat and Fedor went 4-3 in regulated fights with ped testing.

Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

Download-File

Male GOAT: Conor McGregor.
Female GOAT: Ronda Rousey.

You cannot be GOAT if you haven't been in the UFC, sold more than 1 million PPVs as a headliner, landed on the cover of SI and won at least one ESPY award, that is all.

giphy.gif

7b326b730d545927d89e46be5cb02c8e.gif

Male GOAT: Conor McGregor.
Female GOAT: Ronda Rousey.

You cannot be GOAT if you haven't been in the UFC, sold more than 1 million PPVs as a headliner, landed on the cover of SI and won at least one ESPY award, that is all.

Saying Fedor as the GOAT is laughable. Look at the GOATs in other sports: boxing GOAT Ali -> most famous athlete like, ever. B-ball GOAT Jordan - billion dollar blockbuster draw. Being the biggest blockbuster draw is a pre-req for GOAT status. Fedor has never competed in the premier org in MMA, nor was he remotely close to the biggest star in the sport. He's no GOAT.

My god your a modern fan! And this has nothing to do with how long you've watched the sport.

Non of those things matter for this debate, this is a modern sport and only recent fighter can achieve the things you mentioned

Also, just a quick observation. When Fedor was in Pride, it was the premier MMA org. No one questions that.

By the way, I'm Brazilian, which is proof that Fedor is not my favorite fighter.

I don't think you all get it.

The GOAT is whoever I say it is today. And should I change my mind tomorrow...well, then that's who it shall be then. These are facts. And whatever other dumb shit people say when they start similar threads.

I nominate Dana White as the real UFC G.O.A.T

He has taken on everyone and come out on top ....

What truth? That your GOAT requirement only that he must be the most popular? What about actual fighting accomplishments I think if you're a GOAT who owns a belt a true GOAT should be able to defend it multiple times. Gassing Out At Two rounds is a tired GOAT, there's truth handle that...

HW - Werdum
LHW - Hammil
MW - Weidman
WW - Serra
LW - Pulver
FW - Conor
BW - Faber
FW - Uncle Creepy
WBW - Holm
WSW - That shit is boring, doesn't matter

This thread has been done to death and there is no settling.

More importantly, it matters not at all. The GOAT is entirely dependent on who YOU love and cherish as a fighter. Nothing else matters.

Pure fighting skills and record- Jon Jones
Importance to the company and most popular/groundbreaking- Chuck liddell
Best mixed martial artist all things considered/ samurai code- GSP
Most Iconic/ intimidating Tyson-esque. FEDOR

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Penn
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz
Fly: DJ

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin
Hard to argue with that list, but I think Cruz still has some fights left to cement his position there.

Interesting thread, I like it!

I'm gonna say Fedor is still goat, due mainly to the fact that nobody else in GOAT contention has fought men more than 100lbs larger than them, and done it more than once. At HW, even a scrub could get lucky and land a hard shot and put someone out. But it just never happened with Fedor in his prime. For like a decade. That says a lot.

Also factor in that Fedor routinely loved to fight guys where THEY were strongest. Mirko kills people kickboxing? Kick Mirko in the head. Big Nog subs people left and right? Dive into his guard and stay there swarming him. Arlovski can box? Box him up. That tendency eventually backfired on Fedor once his reflexes started fading, but his willingness and ability to fuck people up at their own games, even if they were as much as 100 lbs bigger, is what sets him apart. They don't make 'em like him anymore boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back