• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

read the thread title: BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

TS has delusions of grandeur if he thinks this thread will settle the debate.

Men were discovering the rock and debating this, and will discover the cure for cancer and still be debating this

Minotauro & Cro-cop= Combined 10-12 in the UFC...Both were in their early 30s when they came over and both were finished by the perpetually up and down Mir---who had already been rode hard and put up wet himself... Let's stop pretending it's blasphemous to mention Pride never drug tested.

Let's just everyone in Pride was in something...

Didn't he still beat all of them!?
Also which UFC star went out his way to go fight Fedor in his Prime!? ....... I'll wait .......

Can people who know nothing about boxing stop talking about boxing. Ali is not the boxing Goat and never has been. He doesn't even crack the top 3.

let me guess some weight cutter is your boxing goat? promoters got you good with that p4p nonsense.

Penn isn't the GOAT LW, but none of the best LW's are top 10 all time so it's irrelevant.

the nature of GOAT debates is that they can't ever be decided on because the criteria for greatness isn't a science, it's objective. People still argue about who the best boxer is, who the best quarterback is, etc. They have it narrowed down to a few names, but nothing concrete.

"Once and for all"

A few days later: "If ____ beats _____, is he GOAT?"

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Penn
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz
Fly: DJ

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

Like Jose Aldo said.. "We all have a list"

And Fedor is the fighter's GOAT.

Even the "divisionals GOATS" : Jones, Silva, GSP, Penn, Aldo, and Ronda (even with all the hate in the forum, Ronda is still the greatest WMMA) are fans of him.

When weight classes besides HW have up to an 80lbs weight difference, let me know. Guys like GSP and Jones have mentioned multiple times they don't want to step up to the weight class above them unless it's the right match up. These guys are worried about 15lbs, HWs deal with that and more every fight.

Not to mention HWs are the reason weight classes exist.

If these guys were put in a tourney where everyone faced everyone during tourney to find outcome..........Jon Jones stands to me as the best one on the list as he is considered undefeated and his resume is very impressive and getting more so. I mean Brian Stann said when Jones started at Jacksons he was basically watching youtube vids and using those moves in training and landing, and when they would teach him a sub he would go and tap out the whole room with his brand new sub. Im sure even the great Fedor was never that good.

But I can see prime Fedor fucking up a Jones too in this imaginary tourney........

let me guess some weight cutter is your boxing goat? promoters got you good with that p4p nonsense.
SRR
Harry Greb
Sam Lanford
The top 3 all time.

Harry Greb fought from welterweight all the way the HW

Langford fought from LW all the way to HW.

SRR is SRR.

rs_560x415-150803074200-1024.Awkward-Conversation-Key-and-Peele.jl.080315.jpg

Okay..... I get it man. You know who Sugar Ray Robinson is. You have a different opinion than the majority. You wanna tell us how really feel. Its awkward.
No I have a different opinion then casual boxing fans. Just like everyone on here who say Fedor is the GOAT has a different opinion then casual fans. You go to a boxing forum calling Ali the Goat and see how far it takes you.

That's where you are wrong, there is pretty much a consensus that the 4 greatest mixed martial artists of all time are, in no particular order, Fedor, Bones, Silva, and GSP. You may disagree but the majority of fans on this board would agree with that list and do agree with that list. If you just want to argue each weight class on its own merit then yes, there are a couple divisions that you can argue about. But pfp greatest of all time, not much of an argument against the "table of 4."
Yup not denying the Big 4 of MMA, they'll always transcend the sport as the greatest

GOAT and P4P arguments will never be settled. They are fun debates that really accomplish nothing.

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Penn
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz
Fly: DJ

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

#1 Fedor (went 10 years undefeated int the hardest weigh class to stay undefeated in. Almost went 10 years in between losing a single round.

#2 Anderson. Dude was an amazing fight that hit hit prime later than most

#3 GSP. His style became boring after the Serra loss but no one can deny that he was an all time great. Retired early at the age of 33 after a controversial win.

#4 Jones - Creeping up the list

#5 Aldo

#6 Cruz

#7 Penn

#8 Mighty Mouse. 125. Enough said. Guys in heavier weight classes should get more credit.

( I would put HWs like Nog and Werdum over some of the guys on this list. I would also put Dan Henderson over some of them. Dude is a legend)

Back