Let's settle it. Which country has the best tasting food?

What cuisine is the best

• Total voters
Buff.....Pisan..... you wouldn't be Italian would you?

English but I'm a chef and my mother is Italian... I've travelled a lot too, and while some countries have stand out dishes, Italy swaps the board from starters to dessert, rice seafood, veg, fried, raw, pasrty/bread, salads, cheese, meats, and just about everything else you can think of... It's so diverse and delicious... a plus it's completely quality driven and based son simplicity over style... Il prima.

USA. we got 'em all

I would have to say Indian, Mexican, and Italian food is the best.

i couldn't choose a country. i like em all.

american: in and out burger 4x4 animal style

mexican: carne asada nachos or burritos from albertos

vietnamese: beef pho

italian: pizza , lasagna

thai: curry or thai fried rice

cambodia: cucumber broth vermicelli pork soup

philipino: adobo or beef/pork bone stew with brazed eggs in sweet soy sauce marinade

chinese: chow fun or thick rice pan fried noodles with beef or seafood but only from the original trieu chau restaurant in oc ca

korean: galbi or korean short ribs

india: haven't had much of indian food but i dig it for the aroma and spices

So is this the thread we out our ethnicity..?

I'll say India and Thailand, cause curry is the GOAT

i used to live in so cal and there was delicious food everywhere. now i live in the midwest and their ain't too many good places to eat out.

Greece. A taste of the Mediterranean and the Middle East all combined into one cuisine. The Greek restaurants in North America do no justice what so ever. Actually its a mockery, some even serve french fries with ketchup in a little plastic cup.........

It's easier for me to just list specific cuisines honestly
1: Sichuan food (Chinese)
2: American BBQ
3: Korean BBQ
4: Italian
5: Cajun food (USA)

I guess if I had to pick a country, I'd pick the US, since it got two spots in my top five

America.

All your culture is belong to us.

From my experience,it's Turkish food.
They have some very nice grills and rolls,and I'm lucky to live near one for some years now.So I eat at least once a week from there.
You all should try it.

America no doubt, too many immigrants from so many parts of the world and fertile land to grow all varieties of food.

Agreed.

It deserves to be in the Big Three of Europe alongside French and Italian.

Outside of Paella, Jamon Serrano and roasted octopus what else do they have to offer? they eat like as if they were poor.

How can there be a top ten food list without Italian??? Isn't it the most popular food in the US?

Lots of countries have good food, but are one trick ponies... Like mexican food for example. Tacos, buritoos, enchiladas etc... good stuff, but all pretty much the same thing (a tortilla stuffed with some kind of ground meat and fillings).

On the other hand, Italian cuisine has very broad variety of dishes and original food. If the Italians only had their pasta dishes, they would still have more variety of foods than most other cuisines around the world... but that's not even all the have. Pizza, calzones, dry cured meats... all things of Italian origin and the list can go on. Plus that's not even mentioning their deserts.

And you can say that Italian is just pasta and bread with sugary tomato sauceno?

What you are saying is virtually the same for most countries in the world. They have food for which they are known in the world and then they have a shitton of regional cuisines, specially a country like Mexico with so many different ecosystems and immigration from all over the world.

You cant blame people for knowing just a few dishes from a country.

Holy shit....

people, anyone using a chain restaurant as an example of an ethnic cuisine has no idea what you're missing out on. Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Panda Express - those are at best cheap imitations of and in many cases completely unrelated to the actual food. Would you compare a McDonald's McRib sandwich to fresh KC barbecue?

Italian is so much more than pizza and spaghetti. Pizza isn't even italian, it's an american dish. Find a little italian restaurant that makes fresh ravioli, putenesca or carbonara, eggplant parmigiana, timbale. So much goodness.

Chinese? General Tso's and orange chicken are both american dishes. The range of chinese foods is as vast as the country. Spicy szechuan dishes, seafood, pork buns, dumplings.

My top cuisines would be Italian, Chinese, Indian, brazilian, venezualan, french (provincial), Thai, Japanese, Mexican, American, but i've had great food from all over the world. Ethiopia, Ukraine, Ireland, Germany.

I'm not a food snob trying to tell anyone they're wrong about what they like. I like McDonald's and Taco Bell as much as anyone. But I know that a McDonald's cheeseburger is crap compared to what a burger can really taste like when it's fresh and juicy and cooked right. You guys are really missing out on some great food that you can probably find with just a little effort and some Yelp searching.

From the countries i've visited: Turkey and Indonesia.

Being from the Balkans, food is great here, lots of flavour. Meat being the staple of the diet. Macedonia especially has great cousine.

Back