Let's settle it. Which country has the best tasting food?

What cuisine is the best

• Total voters

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Inspired to make this thread after scarfing some wicked good Chinese last night. crab Rangoon x 2, sesame chicken,house fried rice, chicken egg roll x 3 and a diet pepsi (trying to watch my figure).

1.Chinese food (sesame chicken numba won!) my top ten are

2.Soul Food best dish pig feet, or the slang term "hooves" slathered in Open Pit BBQ sauce.

3.Mexican cuisine best dish...Dorito shell tacos from TB

4.Canadian food....best dish Moose knuckle

5.Puerto Rican food. best dish rampino

6.Filipino fare best dish Balut

7.Thai food best dish shrimp rice.

8.German food best dish schnitzen grubens (see blazing saddles)

9.Korean Food best dish Kegogi

10. Japanese food best dish sushi rice roll

what say you?

honorable mentions, Cuban,italian,Brazilian,Greek

if any mod would be so kind to add a poll I would greatly appreciate it. my prediction is Chinese Food by a landslide.

Balut is not strictly a Filipino thing pretty sure vietnamese people have been eating it longer

Mexico, obviously. Nobody makes better chimichangas or quesadillas.

In all honesty, I truly think the best food is from cultures that surround the Mediterranean. Italy, Spain, Greece, etc. So many incredible dishes.

I like how you picked authentic dishes like Dorito-shell tacos.

Not sure about the diet coke, Would feel more inspired with a few glasses of fine wine..
Italian, French and Greek food would be my top 3.

This may be off topic, but when westerners think about Chinese food, it's either Panda express, or szechuan dishes, but a country with such a long history, high population, and size, simply using a few dishes to represent Chinese food doesn't do the term justice. Today, I will show you one type of Chinese food, the food from Taiwan.

Being an island country, seafood is commonly used, the general style is milder than szechuan and a bit more delicate:

3 cup Chicken: named by using equal parts of seseme oil, soy sauce and rice wine as sauce and the chicken is always bone-in.
20300000397019131244733596774.jpg

Oyster Omelette: The sauce is a type of Chines seafood sauce with a consistency slightly runnier than pasta sauce
taiwan-oyster-pancake-670x445.jpg

Pork Knuckles marinated and braised in soy sauce, very very tasty imo and very different from the German style
f_9991948_1.jpg

Black Grouper is considered a delicacy and the freshest ones are prepared simply by steaming
445752131_0ef05c1976.jpg

This may be off topic, but when westerners think about Chinese food, it's either Panda express, or szechuan dishes, but a country with such a long history, high population, and size, simply using a few dishes to represent Chinese food doesn't do the term justice. Today, I will show you one type of Chinese food, the food from Taiwan.

Being an island country, seafood is commonly used, the general style is milder than szechuan and a bit more delicate:

3 cup Chicken: named by using equal parts of seseme oil, soy sauce and rice wine as sauce and the chicken is always bone-in.
20300000397019131244733596774.jpg

Oyster Omelette: The sauce is a type of Chines seafood sauce with a consistency slightly runnier than pasta sauce
taiwan-oyster-pancake-670x445.jpg

Pork Knuckles marinated and braised in soy sauce, very very tasty imo and very different from the German style
f_9991948_1.jpg

Black Grouper is considered a delicacy and the freshest ones are prepared simply by steaming
445752131_0ef05c1976.jpg

bro I freaking love Panda X, Beijing Beef is that deal mang.

Probably Chinese just because of the massive variety (not American Chinese). Vietnamese, Korean and Thai are also great.

USA! USA!

But seriously, you think the best mexican food is taco bell?

The most consistently delicious food I've ever eaten was in France, so I'll go with that. The food at an average restaurant there was as good or better than any of the fancy restaurants I've eaten at in the US.

Except when it comes to steak. Nothing better than a porterhouse from Peter Lugers. GOAT steak, easily.

Filipino is definitely sisig and Korean definitely is dolsot bibimbap or hwedopbap or boot camp ramen.

An actual Chinese person would scratch their head at what OP describes as "Chinese food". Goons, sesame chicken, and soda might as well be classified as American food.

Back