Let's settle it. Which country has the best tasting food?

What cuisine is the best

• Total voters
Were you ever a fan of bear grylls, and the "man vs wild" show?

If not I highly suggest the "bear eats" episode.......makes balut look like pancakes and bacon. I know my man bear got a lot of shit for checking into hostels when he was supposed to be roughing it. But you can't fake eating a frozen eyeball from a dead yak carcas just saying.
Yeah, definitely. Great show even with the fact that he was sometimes staying in hotels... Actually watched the eyeball one a few weeks ago when it was randomly on TV. hah. Terrible. As you probably know, the SAS essentially wrote the book on survival stuff, so it's no surprise he's that adept. But you just can't teach that kind of iron stomach... Eating a spider? Nope. I've been to some crazy places and eaten some really ridiculous things, especially in the jungle. But there's no way I'd eat a spider like that dude. No fucking way at all. Frankly, I'd rather starve.

I'm too ignorant and provincial. I don't think I can fairly judge the cuisines of other countries when I've been to so few of them. All I'm getting is the interpretation of that cuisine, if it is even available in its authentic native form, as made by other Americans. Often these people had no experience or tradition tying them to these culinary heritages.

Italy and it's not even close. I could eat Italian food all fucking day and never tire of it...

to each their own...I genuinely couldnt eat BBQ,even if you paid me.

i dont know how this is possible. but like you said to each their own. as middle easterns the only bbq we eat are kabobs with rice and shit, a life time of eating that has made me appreciate american que. i plan to go on a eating spree vacation in texas one day.

I'm too ignorant and provincial. I don't think I can fairly judge the cuisines of other countries when I've been to so few of them. All I'm getting is the interpretation of that cuisine, if it is even available in its authentic native form, as made by other Americans. Often these people had no experience or tradition tying them to these culinary heritages.

Can't argue with that at all. Also to add to it I don't think I could narrow it down to just one. There are far too many, absolutely delicious dishes out there and being the food lover that I am it would just be to hard.

I'm not going to read this thread. Just a few posts in and the ignorance was overwhelming.

Inspired to make this thread after scarfing some wicked good Chinese last night. crab Rangoon x 2, sesame chicken,house fried rice, chicken egg roll x 3 and a diet pepsi (trying to watch my figure).

1.Chinese food (sesame chicken numba won!) my top ten are

2.Soul Food best dish pig feet, or the slang term "hooves" slathered in Open Pit BBQ sauce.

3.Mexican cuisine best dish...Dorito shell tacos from TB

4.Canadian food....best dish Moose knuckle

5.Puerto Rican food. best dish rampino

6.Filipino fare best dish Balut

7.Thai food best dish shrimp rice.

8.German food best dish schnitzen grubens (see blazing saddles)

9.Korean Food best dish Kegogi

10. Japanese food best dish sushi rice roll

what say you?

honorable mentions, Cuban,italian,Brazilian,Greek

if any mod would be so kind to add a poll I would greatly appreciate it. my prediction is Chinese Food by a landslide.

Taste is subjective if your hungry.

A better poll might be which country can sustain life.

Personly ill eat crickets before I eat Walmart an Monsanto GMO if I could.

Thee is no food TS only solyent green.

Are you free TS.

If so? How is it!

To be free?

the Basque Country. food is like a religion here. we've got Txokos(gastronomical societies), cider houses and pintxo bars for the traditional stuff, and also the fancy stuff (4 restaurants in the worlds top20: http://www.theworlds50best.com/list/1-50-winners#t1-50).

IMG_7731.jpg

Uppskrift-01.05.2015-bacalao-a-la-vizcaina.jpg

marmitako1.jpg

1107_CocContigo_AlubiasDeTolosaConVerdeurasYCarne1.jpg

Carrillera-de-cerdo-glaseada-con-guiso-de-rebollones-foodVAC.jpg

Can we now parlay this thread with which country has the best combo of food and women?

I mean, I dunno about you guys, my 2 favourite things - food and pussy...........

Personally, I find Asian women-food to be world's finest combo...

Anyone?......

Whereas, I love Italian food, but am not so keen on Italian women;

I fucked one once, and even though she was pretty and gave good head, when I pulled her over into North-South to reciprocate she had a somewhat, ahem, stubbly bottom. NOthing too offensive but it deterred me from a return visit.

Ciao bella!

You are still part of Spain. Your argument is invalid.

Also, stop charging so much for pintxos.

Huehuehuehuehue

so what? politics have nothing to do with this. different language, different people, different food.

never! stop being cheap, pintxos are worth every cent!

Yeah buk man vs wild was appointment tv for me years back. I thought my time in the cub scouts had prepared me for survival lol. That said I think we should all have some basic Daniel Boone skills.

As far as eating bugs......I had a few knats and mosquitos fly into my mouth during camping trips. but a spider, or dung beetle?nah I wouldn't be able to get/keep it down.bear was just the man. And yeah as a SOF the SAS are arguably the best. I still put DEVGRU and DELTA above them simply because of their insane op tempo since 9/11

I approve of this post.

A man that can publicly admit although behind a username to enjoying eating penoche. Has been freed from the mental,social,and emotional,confines of society lol.

Though I personally would never do it (brothas don't muff dive) no shame in those that do.

Australia has good food but none of it is ours. You can get great Asian, Italian, American BBQ, pretty much anything you want here, but there's no real such thing as Australian cuisine. I gotta say, other than the BBQ, American food is pretty average.

I know most wouldn't agree, but my tastes lean towards Czech and German food. Love that stuff

Back