Let us Review Usman's Title Reign for a sec

Connor was coming off a two year layoff, Gaethje is dangerous standing but his complete lack of defensive BJJ was exposed he said himself he doesn't like to train grappling, top tier win with Dustin though.
Do you think poirier or charles can take gaethje down and keep him down?

Lmao before the burns and masvidal fights everyone was sucking their dicks talking about how they can't see anyway possible for usman to win , they were gonna knockout or destroy usman , all sorts of praise but they lose everyone stands up wipes their mouths real quick and start calling them lightweight reject and journeyman . Come one give the guys some credit, I think they both earned their title shots ...masvidals 2nd one was questionable but he took the first one on what a weeks notice and made weight so why not .

It is a bit of a joke, and he clearly padded 2 wins off of Masvidal. Had he fought someone else other than Masvidal, then he would have more legitimacy. Plus the fact him and Ali clearly tried to hype up a Diaz fight says he is looking for easy opponents. I liked Usman, but he is starting to appear "bitch made" like Colby says. I hope Colby beats him, he seems confident enough.

Bitch made... only on Sherdog.
<Neil01>

Annoying Khabib fans, this has got to be the saddest thing i have ever read. For a champion who is so heralded by his fans, khabibs fans sure make some of the most insecure threads on sherdog.

Does it really matter if someone else thinks Usman is greater than Khabib ? Will it stop your daily life and will the world come crumbling down if someone thinks another fighter is greater than yours.
It's really fucking sad. The mentality of children.

Khabib fanboys trying to discredit an active champ with more defenses lol

But its ridiculous to compare him with GSP. Sure Usman's streak is longer because most of it is him fighting mid tier fighters on his way to a title shot.

GSP got out struck by Matt Serra and then tapped to strikes

The two Jorge fights were obviously padding. But the rest were impressive performances. Say what you want about Woodley, but at the time, he was a long reigning champ that had looked really strong and hard to beat for years. Colby is a great fighter, and so is Burns. Those three guys would be top WWs in any era imo. Again, Jorge is a different story, but Usman's actual resume is at the very least, on par with Khabib's at the moment. The one thing Khabib has over him is how dominant he was, I'll admit that. But after a couple more defenses (or if he had beat someone other than Jorge) Usman will be way past Khabib. And I say all this as someone who doesn't like Usman at all.

Conor, sure, Justin and Dustin though? Name me 15 better fighters than them at the time that Khabib beat them.

I am not saying Justin and Dustin aren't good wins just that it is a pretty small list. My issue wasn't they were on the top 15, but all clumped at the top. I can't remember the exact order but I just remember most of the tops spots being taken by LW's.

It is a shame Khabib didn't fight Tony in his prime due to missing weight (it is a shame for both Tony and Khabib IMO).

The two Jorge fights were obviously padding. But the rest were impressive performances. Say what you want about Woodley, but at the time, he was a long reigning champ that had looked really strong and hard to beat for years. Colby is a great fighter, and so is Burns. Those three guys would be top WWs in any era imo. Again, Jorge is a different story, but Usman's actual resume is at the very least, on par with Khabib's at the moment. The one thing Khabib has over him is how dominant he was, I'll admit that. But after a couple more defenses (or if he had beat someone other than Jorge) Usman will be way past Khabib. And I say all this as someone who doesn't like Usman at all.

I don't like Usman either but it is clear he has a better resume already and you look around the division and it certainly looks like he will able yo add to it easily.

- Hugged and Layed on top of Woodley (who lost all his next fights) for 5 rounds to earn the belt

- Went to a life and death war with Colby and barely managed to win at the last second, stoppage was questionable also.

- Got Journeyman Jorge on a short notice and hugged him for 5 rounds.

- Got LW reject Gllbert Bums who managed to drop him, but it was a decent win.

- Gave Journeyman Jorge another unearned free title shot just so he could pad his record with an extra defense, cool KO though

He's obviously a great fighter and possibly current P4P king, but people are trolling when they compare his reign to Khabib, right? He beat the elite of the elite and made it look effortless. All of Khabib's opponents where ranked in P4P list... Meanwhile Usman is fighting Journeymen.. Not his fault though, current WW is just sad.
If that's how you wanna play it,

-Khabib won the title with an unimpressive decision over late fill-in, less-than-a-journey man, Iaquinta.

-Beat 2 FW's in McGregor & Poirier

-Beat a WSOF champ in Gaethje who was already proven not champ level after his debut and whose only win was an over-the-hill Ferguson.

You know you're being full of shit.

Do you think poirier or charles can take gaethje down and keep him down?

Theyd struggle to keep him down for any length of time but I wouldn't be suprised if they subbed him.

- Hugged and Layed on top of Woodley (who lost all his next fights) for 5 rounds to earn the belt

- Went to a life and death war with Colby and barely managed to win at the last second, stoppage was questionable also.

- Gave Journeyman Jorge another unearned free title shot just so he could pad his record with an extra defense, cool KO though

He's obviously a great fighter and possibly current P4P king, but people are trolling when they compare his reign to Khabib, right? He beat the elite of the elite and made it look effortless. All of Khabib's opponents where ranked in P4P list... Meanwhile Usman is fighting Journeymen.. Not his fault though, current WW is just sad.
LOL
haters are always funny.

Barely manage to win by breaking someone's jaw.... I would say that that was a pretty decisive win.

He got Jorge on short notice... and beat him.
Then rematched him (now with full camp) and finished him...

Burns was a reject??? LOL
Burns was on fire, and beating everyone thrown at him. And Usman beat him.

your mental gymnastics is worthy of the Olympics..... maybe you should apply to replace Biles....

<mma4>

Let's see if khamzat is healthy enough to get wins and a title shot. Edwards is an easy win.

Khamzat is the test Usman needs.

Usman is a monster.

Would you have said the same if his recent TKO wins were decision wins (with all 10-9 rounds)?

He's gonna go down as one of the best ever most likely.....

Maybe. What do you say if lets say ALL his UFC fights are 20 wins and ALL by typical 10-9 decision wins? How will his legacy be? To me, winning 10-9 rounds is not impressive at all.

Khabib's first 15 MMA opponents:

2011+08-27+Arabic.jpg

We should not even bother looking at Pre UFC stats. Khabibs legacy is great because of his UFC accomplishments.

He fought in the hardest division
He finished all p4p guys
He never lost
He wins by large margin (10-8/finish)
He doesnt get damage at all
He never even lost a round clearly

Meh, half of his defenses are against 1 guy with 15 losses, but Colby was a good win, so I we'll have to see what he does in his next few fights.

I can tell you're looking at this with a negative view

Gaethje should have never been boosted up on the pfp list. Possibly the worst ground game of any top 10 fighter on the roster.

Where was Dustin on the list when Gaethje was boosted? Because he already beat Gaethje head to head and is universally considered the superior fighter.

Conor was coming off a 2 year layoff as well, hasn’t looked the same since the Floyd fight. His PFP status has been pure marketing for years, he’s not even top 10 at LW for all we know.

Far and away the best win of the three is Dustin.

Masvidal, Burns, and Colby is arguably a better pair. Burns proved once again he can beat the beat WW’s in the world, it’s still dumb how he is still called a LW

Last edited:
Back