Let us Review Usman's Title Reign for a sec

PulsingJones

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
- Hugged and Layed on top of Woodley (who lost all his next fights) for 5 rounds to earn the belt

- Went to a life and death war with Colby and barely managed to win at the last second, stoppage was questionable also.

- Got Journeyman Jorge on a short notice and hugged him for 5 rounds.

- Got LW reject Gllbert Bums who managed to drop him, but it was a decent win.

- Gave Journeyman Jorge another unearned free title shot just so he could pad his record with an extra defense, cool KO though

He's obviously a great fighter and possibly current P4P king, but people are trolling when they compare his reign to Khabib, right? He beat the elite of the elite and made it look effortless. All of Khabib's opponents where ranked in P4P list... Meanwhile Usman is fighting Journeymen.. Not his fault though, current WW is just sad.

This is the worst thread I’ve ever seen.

And I’ve made some whoppers myself.

Usman has already achieved more than Khabib and he ain’t done yet.
Really? I thought he made some fair points. He didn't have to be such a dick about it, but I can't disprove what he's saying. Conor, Gaethje, and Porier were all P4P when Khabib finished them.

Usman has already achieved more than Khabib and he ain’t done yet.
I don't see it.

Are you one of the people eho think 4 Title Defense is more than 3, therefore fighter with 4 Title Defenses is greater? Stop obsessing over number of Title defenses like GSP fangirls.

Quality >> Quantity

- Hugged and Layed on top of Woodley (who lost all his next fights) for 5 rounds to earn the belt

- Went to a life and death war with Colby and barely managed to win at the last second, stoppage was questionable also.

- Gave Journeyman Jorge another unearned free title shot just so he could pad his record with an extra defense, cool KO though

He's obviously a great fighter and possibly current P4P king, but people are trolling when they compare his reign to Khabib, right? He beat the elite of the elite and made it look effortless. All of Khabib's opponents where ranked in P4P list... Meanwhile Usman is fighting Journeymen.. Not his fault though, current WW is just sad.
It is a bit of a joke, and he clearly padded 2 wins off of Masvidal. Had he fought someone else other than Masvidal, then he would have more legitimacy. Plus the fact him and Ali clearly tried to hype up a Diaz fight says he is looking for easy opponents. I liked Usman, but he is starting to appear "bitch made" like Colby says. I hope Colby beats him, he seems confident enough.

This happens with all greats on Sherdog, people will nitpick their wins to belittle their accomplishments. You can’t win every fight in dominating, spectacular fashion its just the reality.

I have Khabib higher than Usman, but I can demean his title wins in the same way.
  • Fought Iaquinta on short notice and couldn’t finish him to win the title
  • Hugged and layed on Conor (who lost all his next fights and coming off 2 year layoff ) for 4 rounds and lost the 1 round he didn’t hug him
  • Almost got subbed by Poirier and got rocked by him on the feet
  • Lost the 1st round to Gaethje on the scorecards and had to hug to win
You can do this with literally every fighter in history.

Usman is a monster. He's gonna go down as one of the best ever most likely.....

This happens with all greats on Sherdog, people will nitpick their wins to belittle their accomplishments. You can’t win every fight in dominating, spectacular fashion its just the reality.

I have Khabib higher than Usman, but I can demean his title wins in the same way.
  • Fought Iaquinta on short notice and couldn’t finish him to win the title
  • Hugged and layed on Conor (who lost all his next fights and coming off 2 year layoff ) for 4 rounds and lost the 1 round he didn’t hug him
  • Almost got subbed by Poirier and got rocked by him on the feet
  • Lost the 1st round to Gaethje on the scorecards and had to hug to win
You can do this with literally every fighter in history.
??? Khabib smashed conor on the ground and feet, and Conor didn't lose his next fight.

Khabib dominantly finished all his defenses.

Weak attempt.

Kamaru is not actually #1 on the P4P list, this is a commonly stated misconception.

He is #2 and that is in a climate full of new/weak champions. Under normal circumstances he would be #4-#5.

??? Khabib smashed conor on the ground and feet, and Conor didn't lose his next fight.

Khabib dominantly finished all his defenses.

Weak attempt.
He was saying that as an example, his version of your generalizations.

I got Khabib ahead but you say folks who have Usman are trolling? That trolling word is the problem here. Dude they pretty close either way and nobody is trolling on this except you.

My issue with Khabib's run as it relates to Usman's is Khabib faced very similar type of fighters that perfectly play into his wrestle-heavy style. He faced mostly strikers that are very susceptible to being outworked by a superior wrestler with cardio, IMO. I think the fighters he beat wouldn't be too much of a problem for Usman given the same weight, etc.

Otoh, if Khabib had to face a Colby or Burns type at 155, that would be a stiffer test and we could actually get some new looks on just how dominant (or not) Khabib potentially could be. Alas, the closest guys he faced to that would be like Gleison Tibau or RDA... maybe Al Iaquinta. So, you can see how his run left us wanting more.

Really? I thought he made some fair points. He didn't have to be such a dick about it, but I can't disprove what he's saying. Conor, Gaethje, and Porier were all P4P when Khabib finished them.

Conor was a FW. He basically has a single win of note at LW. Calling an undersized guy who has been hopelessly exposed at LW in your top 3 wins is a problem if you want to be the goat.

Justin and Dustin are strong fighters have but both shown to beatable. These fighters being in the P4P was nothing more than promotional tool for the fights.

Annoying Khabib fans, this has got to be the saddest thing i have ever read. For a champion who is so heralded by his fans, khabibs fans sure make some of the most insecure threads on sherdog.

Does it really matter if someone else thinks Usman is greater than Khabib ? Will it stop your daily life and will the world come crumbling down if someone thinks another fighter is greater than yours.

Facts brother. Usman is one of the greatest of all time but he don't match up to khabib. Some of it is not his fault he had to fight who's in front of him but the quality of fighters at ww pail in comparison with LW. They're trying to do this revisionist history with Conor now by saying he's not a quality win lol.

Back