Leon Edwards says no to Masvidal. Would rather wait for the next title shot-Should the UFC allow it?

You gotta feel great for them to give you a main event ppv when you have no fans. He didn’t feel great against Nate he felt very good.

He's right to be self-righteous but the UFC won't lose sleep over him sitting on the sidelines and neither will Usman. They never wanted him to fight for the title anyway

He has all the rights to turn down Masvidal who’s lost two in a row. Fuck, just give the man his title shot.

AGAIN LEON?! AGAIN?!!?
Last time you tried this you got cut from the rankings, punched in the face in teh locker rooms, nagged like a bitch to the press and ignored...

How is such a talented fighter ... that...

No way. I would like to see it but why should Leon help Jorge out now it's convenient to him when Jorge purposely ducked him before?

Jorge needs longer to recover from getting nearly getting killed by usman and then fight the leech or the winner of Brady/Lee, not the the number 3 guy

A win over masvidal pretty much guarantees a title shot. He should take the fight.

Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.
That same RDA gave Usman and Colby their hardest fights besides each other. The rankings are too erratic sometimes.

The question is who deserves it MORE? Guys who just got finished by the champ, guys who are coming off recent losses to other fighters, or someone who hasn't lost in a long time?

Sometimes there is no perfect clear cut contender so whoever deserves it most should get it. I never hear anyone mention Luque for the title and he's a better candidate than 2-2 Wonderboy in some regards.

The question is who deserves it MORE? Guys who just got finished by the champ, guys who are coming off recent losses to other fighters, or someone who hasn't lost in a long time?

Sometimes there is no perfect clear cut contender so whoever deserves it most should get it. I never hear anyone mention Luque for the title and he's a better candidate than 2-2 Wonderboy in some regards.
Wonderboy with a burns win will be on a 3 fight win streak

Luque
Neal
Burns

title shot worthy imo

Colby next, then WB if he beats Burns. Leon needs to drum up one more win in that time to get his shot

I think he doesn't deserve a title shot, too. Not really because the opposition in his win streak but as well because of how long ago those victories happended. He didn't fight in 2020. Only one win since then (for comparison: Luque has 3 wins since beginning of 2020). There is some recency bias to valuing victories. Victories that happened 4 years ago are just not worth as much as victories that happened last year.

He can say that all he wants but all the UFC has to do is offer him two fights that aren't title fights that he turns down and he is out of fights for the rest of the year

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...ge-masvidal-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-do-that-now

He has a long active win streak for sure.

But he did not have the greatest performance ever against Nate.

He should have gone for the kill and brutalized him.

“Let’s say they do give Colby the title shot, I’m not fighting no one else unless it’s a title shot. That’s just it,” Edwards told the UFC’s John Gooden. “I’m not gonna start fighting 10, 11, 12 fights and still ain’t got a title shot. I’ve earned my way. I didn’t b*tch and moan when I took my loss against Kamaru. I worked my way back up to now have a 9, 10-fight win streak. I feel like I deserve it.
While I rather see him fight (and I would like to see his fight Masvidal), I can't really say he is wrong.
Masvidal held on and instead of fighting him, he got made up belts and two title shots.
Colby beat Woodley (who lost to everyone as of late) and held on for his title shot...

...so if the UFC is handling title shotd for those who wait, why should him risk his title shot by fighting someone who's coming of two straight losses?
he has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I don't like it, I don't think it should be this way, but sadly this is what the UFC created for themselves, and quite honestly, it sucks

He's not getting a title shot off this win,so who is he looking to fight?
Meh, I'd agree in a vacuum, but Mas got 2 consecutive title shots for beating Nate, Conor got his LW title shot after going 1-1, RDA got his title off a win over Nate. What's the points in taking the fight while on a 9 fight winning streak if it isn't getting you to a title shot?

Leon Scott was asking to fight masvidal the whole time and mas refused it, so why should he take it now when mas is coming off losses?

A fighter's time at the top is short. You have a very, very small window to make it to a titleshot and once you've gotten it, it is probably your only titleshot in your whole career.

There are exceptions but this is the rule. There are tons and tons of fighters who were right there but lost that opportunity because of a loss at the wrong time.

Like Edwards said, he is on a huge winning streak right now which took him years to achieve. He is in his prime, he has a history with the champ. Now is the time. If he loses his next fight? He'll probably never get a shot at that title.

Doesn't matter how good you are and how many you win. Ask Jon Fitch.

Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.

RDA was #4

vEkfJTf9FXRx2s6V4PyetmICvHMXr5o-dRYg2wQJ-lVi_-mlWxviFsY7JnkMAKsg9UzjuiB3j657HkMOoSTa8TRcn4Pg4TqGQFallQur_64pv8sYGgU

Back