Leon Edwards says no to Masvidal. Would rather wait for the next title shot-Should the UFC allow it?

It's not about earning it though, he's giving the UFC / Dana too much credit on integrity.

It's about PPV numbers. Full stop. Hence why Conor got very quick title shots and any star does.

Not saying he suddenly needs to become fake or change his character,
But winning over a star like Masvidal in a dramatic fashion would be the right move and get him the next shot for sure.

He takes fights against opponents that don't do much for him in addition to underwhelming performances in them.
But the guy is on a fucking 9 fight win streak, would be 10 if not for his eyepoke fuck up imo.

He deserves the shot more than Colby right now. Granted I would rather see the Colvington rematch, in terms of who deserves it, Leon is in the lead.

Streak is irrelevant if you sat out for nearly two years and did nothing substantial when you returned.

He takes fights against opponents that don't do much for him in addition to underwhelming performances in them.
But the guy is on a fucking 9 fight win streak, would be 10 if not for his eyepoke fuck up imo.

He deserves the shot more than Colby right now. Granted I would rather see the Colvington rematch, in terms of who deserves it, Leon is in the lead.
Also, Belal took the absolute best shot he had, shook it off and kept moving forward. That fight was gonna go downhill for Leon and that's why he didn't take the justified rematch.

Dana should just cut him and let him try for a Bellator belt. I doubt they'd even give it to him, MVP could kick his head clean off

I said it after the Nate fight, when Dana announced Colby is next.

Leon will sit out for another year waiting like a bench warmer.

He does not want to engage in a real fight against a top WW, he just wants to get a title shot to make the most money he can from his career.

He knows he stands no chance against Usman or a top WW, so he wants an easy path to a title shot to maximise his earnings. He knows a top WW will derail him and his title shot picture is gone.

Dana send this scrub to Bellator

Not worth it. Masvidal just got slept by the champ. It's not like Mas is getting a shot again if he wins. It's just a lose lose situation for Leon. I would understand it was a matchup against another competitor for the title.

I think a lot of people don't know the huge difference in pay fighting for a title gives you. I respect Leons decisions. Masividal fight will always be there.

That beign said, he better not try and play hardball with the UFC. If they offer him Mas, it might be smart to take it, even if it's risky. The title shot isn't promised.

The same people who say he needs to fight Mas will be the same people who say “well Mas was low ranked and on a losing” if Edward beats Mas people love moving the goalposts on people they don’t like lol

Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.
STFU. Leon absolutely deserves a title shot. You go on a long ass win streak like that within your division, especially when you are top 5, then you HAVE to get a title shot. However, we have seen the UFC continually fuck people over and it really would be in Leon's best interest to wait for that title shot. Imagine if Leon takes another fight to prove he deserves it, but loses a close decision. You don't think Leon will get moved to the back of the line after a loss? You know the dumb red bald goof will do that to Leon since he isn't a company peon.

STFU. Leon absolutely deserves a title shot. You go on a long ass win streak like that within your division, especially when you are top 5, then you HAVE to get a title shot. However, we have seen the UFC continually fuck people over and it really would be in Leon's best interest to wait for that title shot. Imagine if Leon takes another fight to prove he deserves it, but loses a close decision. You don't think Leon will get moved to the back of the line after a loss? You know the dumb red bald goof will do that to Leon since he isn't a company peon.
A win streak is only relevant when it's against top competition, not Cowboy Cerrone and Nate Diaz. RDA is his only good win right now

A win streak is only relevant when it's against top competition, not Cowboy Cerrone and Nate Diaz. RDA is his only good win right now

100% this. All his best wins are post prime LW's that moved up to try things out at WW. Leon's best win against a LEGIT WW is Luque who would likely take his head off in a rematch

Somewhat agree. But isn't there some point where many lower tier wins are better than a few high tier wins combined with losses?
100% this. All his best wins are post prime LW's that moved up to try things out at WW. Leon's best win against a LEGIT WW is Luque who would likely take his head off in a rematch
I feel like fans are so critical of wins that I wonder if anyone has any great wins.
Feels like the majority of fighters are either past prime, not in prime yet. Or simply "they haven't beaten anyone good".

How many WW:s except Usman even have a great win in your opinion?

#1 Colby's - his big 4 wins were against Maia, RDA, Lawler, Woodley. A bunch of past primers?
#2 Burns just has the big 2 against Maia and Woodley.
#5 Masvidal - if Leon beatin 2018 Cerrone was no good - I assume Mas beating Cowboy in 2017 was no good either. And I assume neither Till, Askren or Diaz are guys you consider great.

Last edited:
Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.
RDA was ranked number #4, not sure where you're getting this from....?

Who dropped as far down as number 10 and was outsized
Dropped down later on, as of this fight, he was on an absolute tear in the ww division aside from losses to the absolute best of the division in Usman and Colby. He was #4 at the time and that speaks for itself.

Back