Leon Edwards says no to Masvidal. Would rather wait for the next title shot-Should the UFC allow it?

He doesn't deserve a title shot until he beats somebody else who is Top5. Diaz had not fought in ages and almost pulled out a victory against him.

Can't blame him. He deserves a title shot.

And like one poster said Masvidal talked down on him and didn't even wanna give him a fight after he 3 pieced him because Leon wasn't a big enough name, well now the tables have turned.

Edwards should wait it out

Colby got a title shot with 1 top 10 win in his career at the time vs Maia. He beat the same RDA that Colby fought for a title 1 year earlier. Colby hasn't done anything to indicate he has anything for Usman. Beating Tyron's ghost and sitting for 2 years doesn't deserve a title shot.
Fair point but in his fight with Usman he was ahead on the scorecards before a questionable stoppage although I do not think he could have recovered.

d
I'm sure off of the Nate money he can afford to sit out all he wants, stay fit for if Colby drops out.. He does deserve it, just like Tony did.[/QUOTE

you don't deserve a title shot just cause you have a long win streak he needs at least 1 top 5 win imo before getting a shot

no
Why the hell should he fight Masvidal? It's another no win situation for him same as vs Nate.[/QUOTE

No it's not Jorge is a top 5 WW and if he beats him he deserves a titleshot

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...ge-masvidal-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-do-that-now

He has a long active win streak for sure.

But he did not have the greatest performance ever against Nate.

He should have gone for the kill and brutalized him.

“Let’s say they do give Colby the title shot, I’m not fighting no one else unless it’s a title shot. That’s just it,” Edwards told the UFC’s John Gooden. “I’m not gonna start fighting 10, 11, 12 fights and still ain’t got a title shot. I’ve earned my way. I didn’t b*tch and moan when I took my loss against Kamaru. I worked my way back up to now have a 9, 10-fight win streak. I feel like I deserve it.
I think Maz needs a win before he can call out people in the win category. Edwards did have a great performance against Nate. He had a bid 30 seconds. Maz did have a bad performance against Usman though.

lol really. come on.

I'm sure off of the Nate money he can afford to sit out all he wants, stay fit for if Colby drops out.. He does deserve it, just like Tony did.

Have to agree here.

Some people don't recognize just how ridiculously difficult it is to win NINE CONSECUTIVE FIGHTS in the UFC, let alone the welterweight division. He is the clear #1 contender and took the Nate fight as a holding pattern. Now he's had a decent payday and wants the title shot.

Those saying he didn't do good enough against Nate are nuts. He beat the ever loving dog shit out of Nate in complete domination for 23 minutes. Nate looked like he walked out of a horror film.

If Leon wants to sit back for a few months and see how it plays out, why not? Usman has cleared out the division save for Wonderboy and Leon.

Edwards needs to fight someone in the top 5 to begin with. He’s on a great streak, but he has never faced and beaten an elite fighter. His ranking is a joke.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...ge-masvidal-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-do-that-now

He has a long active win streak for sure.

But he did not have the greatest performance ever against Nate.

He should have gone for the kill and brutalized him.

“Let’s say they do give Colby the title shot, I’m not fighting no one else unless it’s a title shot. That’s just it,” Edwards told the UFC’s John Gooden. “I’m not gonna start fighting 10, 11, 12 fights and still ain’t got a title shot. I’ve earned my way. I didn’t b*tch and moan when I took my loss against Kamaru. I worked my way back up to now have a 9, 10-fight win streak. I feel like I deserve it.

They might simple because there isn’t much left for Usman if he loses. If Wonderboy beat Burns he’d probably get it and maybe Chiesa or Luque otherwise. Just seems thin at the top.

What do you mean allow it? Dana has said it many times, with certain intention of course, they cant force anyone into a fight they dont want, wether the were not able to make Masvidal fight him after the sucker punch, and they wont make Edwards fight him now, and that still doesnt mean Masvidal will take it...that guy was KTFO not long ago, he might try to wait for Nate rematch instead, a fight that will sell with a big reward, instead of getting outpointed by Edwards.

I think rematch with Nate makes most sense since it appears he hasn't done enough for a title shot. I feel for Leon however, it feels like he has been pretty unlucky to not get a shot. It happens sometimes. Francis couldn't get a shot despite being clear number 1 due to DC/Stipe, sometimes stuff happens.

Yeah win streaks have to mean something f especially anything over 7. It’s a sport it can’t be based on how entertaining you are they made Jon Fitch wait like 8 fights but then some get it in two . For the sake of things not looking totally fake let him fight for the belt

Imagine getting slapped up on live tv and not wanting to fight the dude who embarassed you and turned you into a meme.

Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.

Luque's number 5?..he beat him

Colby biggest win in the top 15 is Maia

Back