Leon Edwards says no to Masvidal. Would rather wait for the next title shot-Should the UFC allow it?

He deserves the title. 10 fight win streak cmon wtf. Why should he fight Masvidal who got TWO title shots off beating NATE and got completely chinned in his last fight.

so i guess he doesn't want that money fight? regardless if Masvidal is on the down turn, he's still a big name with pretty good drawing power. Leon should've took this fight, beat the fuck out of Jorge if Leon really is as good as he acts like he is, and ride off with the money and just another scalp to add to his win streak.

i swear, this dude is like the antithesis of how you make money in the UFC.

I can't disagree with him, but I also think he should take the fight. Masvidal gave him the three piece, so Leon owes him. Him turning down the fight is evidence that he thinks he might lose. Not good.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...ge-masvidal-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-do-that-now

He has a long active win streak for sure.

But he did not have the greatest performance ever against Nate.

He should have gone for the kill and brutalized him.

“Let’s say they do give Colby the title shot, I’m not fighting no one else unless it’s a title shot. That’s just it,” Edwards told the UFC’s John Gooden. “I’m not gonna start fighting 10, 11, 12 fights and still ain’t got a title shot. I’ve earned my way. I didn’t b*tch and moan when I took my loss against Kamaru. I worked my way back up to now have a 9, 10-fight win streak. I feel like I deserve it.

colby didnt fight leon after woodley an likely will be rewarded. so what the problem with leon doing it.

also leon knows it not worth talking about jorge cause he wants no part of fighting leon to start with.

Fight against Jorge would be huge and a chance to put his name out there. And they have legit beef.

Leon just had his "money" fight with Diaz. Give him his title shot. He can settle his grudge match with Jorge after he loses to Usman.

So Leon is basically playing the same game Masvidal has been playing?

WW is a fucking wasteland...

The only thing you can count on is the UFC doing what is in their best interest so it might work out for him. I am also sure Usman would look forward to the match up and would not hesitate.

Personally I think he should get it but that just me. I know he does not have any top 5 wins but non of the top 5 guys do either. Give him the shot, let the others separate themselves a bit more.

I understand why he'd want to, but it's a very risky gamble. Jorge isn't an easy match up though.

Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.
RDA was #4 at the time.

Best case scenario: Wonderman KO's burns and leapfrogs both Leon and Colby, then they have to fight for the eliminator

Leon Edwards's highest rank win was RDA who at the time was number 8 he doesn't deserve a title shot at all. He needs to man up and fight Masvidal or Colby.
Colby got a title shot with 1 top 10 win in his career at the time vs Maia. He beat the same RDA that Colby fought for a title 1 year earlier. Colby hasn't done anything to indicate he has anything for Usman. Beating Tyron's ghost and sitting for 2 years doesn't deserve a title shot.

No they shouldn't allow it but then Covington has been able to duck Masvidal, Wonderboy, Burns etc. so the precedent for "ducking fights" has been set. The UFC seems to be the only boss that can't take charge of its workers. But then again, when you pay peanuts why wouldn't these fighters pick and choose their next opponents? Utter crap really.

Back