Learn to do the Anaconda Choke - Video Clip

Nate Pringle said:
I love this technique for cathing an overly agressive / sloppy shooter.
i agree this choke if properly applied can easily bring an early end to a match

John O'Brien said:
I don't see why anyone would need a video to learn how to do this. It's self evident.. I don't see what the big fuss is about it.

Sorry, God.:icon_twis

Holy s*** thats the anaconda?! I really thought I made that choke up, going from the front head lock to a gator role (wrestling terminology). Except the one i made the hell up has me circling over to mount after the role. Shows what i know huh?

Thanks for the vid i just got choked out in the gym with this move yesterday

Stephan Kesting said:
On almost every forum I go to people are always asking "what is the Anaconda Choke" or "how do I do the Anaconda Choke properly?" Accordingly I am posting a link to Denis Kang teaching this choke: www.grapplearts.com/My-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Download.htm (QuickTime format). Denis is DEADLY with this choke, he has used it in MMA competition, and in this video he teaches a ton of details to make this choke powerful and effective.

Enjoy!
Stephan Kesting
www.grapplearts.com

Thanks!! Great find.

Can the anaconda choke still be as effective if I clasp my grip together, instead of grabbing my bicep? I've tried this on the mat and it seems to work. Just wondering what the expert opinion is?

TBone22 said:
Can the anaconda choke still be as effective if I clasp my grip together, instead of grabbing my bicep? I've tried this on the mat and it seems to work. Just wondering what the expert opinion is?

Not an expert opinion but an opinion none the less. I'd personally think the choke would be not effective but it would still work as a crank & nice way to get your opponent on their back if you rolled them.

The point of grabbing the bicep is trap their arm against their neck as tight as possible to choke them with it (like the way an arm triangle does). Maybe if you had a real tight monkey grip you could pull a choke off but I think their would be too much room for their arm to ease the choke.

Can somone host this on you tube my quick time is fucked up.

I like it, I usually go for a guillotine when I get a sprawl like that... I've seen the anaconda before, but never got around to sussing it out.

I just started training again after 10 years away and this is a great tutorial for me.

I've seen this video before and this is how I learned the anaconda choke, believe it or not.

I'm surprised more people don't use this move; it works! I've submitted two amateur cage fighters with this move already, and I only started grappling five months ago.

The choke is affective as hell, i've done it to the guys i train with, and i have been choked out by it.
So thanks for the clip man...

I'm really glad this is stickied. I'm of the mind that it should be required learning for Sub' Wrestling.
I actually like to burst my hips into the move, not unlike trying to get exposure in wrestling, and stop my motion by terminating in the position of the anaconda. It's a terrific choke. It really is one of those moves that you can either be tight and smooth on, or be cruel and crank the hell out of someone while the choke is in.

The anaconda is a great alternative to the guillotine for a coupe of reasons
1) It's not as common so people don't know how to defend as well
2) It works great as a sweep when you don't get the tap out you can usually get 69. (vs. a giollotine where you end up in guard).

Awesome vid. Great tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back