Learn to do the Anaconda Choke - Video Clip

Thank you. I have tried it a couple of times and never been able to finish it. I think people like it because it is seen as exotic as opposed to the "plain ole" rear naked choke.

I am saw this thread posted the first time I joined Sherdog a couple years ago before my original account got deleted for inactivity.

I remember this because I started hitting the anaconda after watching that, lol

I am saw this thread posted the first time I joined Sherdog a couple years ago before my original account got deleted for inactivity.

I remember this because I started hitting the anaconda after watching that, lol

How long does it take for your account to be deleted due to inactivity?

This is one of my favorite techniques, and while I have used it to tap enough skilled opponents to have confidence in getting a submission once I have the grip, I do question the methods I have used to force the tap.

Some times an opponent will work away from my floor-walk, preventing me from locking my leg around his leg/back. Rather than continuing the circle, I will come back to my knees, and then jump guard. I realize that should someone escape the grip, I will lose position, but I have never lost the anaconda after jumping guard.

Other times I will work to mount and finish.

Either way I am keeping the grip and utilizing the force of my chest to press his head downward.

I will finish anacondas from these positions roughly five times a week, so I have become comfortable using them should I fail to finish in the traditional fashion.

Does anyone see any flaw to these alternatives, or have any advice on better preventing opponents from scrambling away from my "walking" legs?

Back