Learn to do the Anaconda Choke - Video Clip

I think a lot of people were interested due to Noga success with it recently....

That's a good question- what is the counter or escape to this move? Anyone have a vid to it????

Very nice choke...i'm 6-4 so the triangle is my favortie because i can slap it on whenever i want due to my long ass legs.

Great clip -- thanks for posting. Being a novice, I NEVER would have understood how it worked if not for an instructional like this. I, for one, need things broken down piece by piece and showed to me slowly so I can comprehend. Now, maybe if I had trained for several years and seen all kinds of similar stuff, then yeah, maybe I would get it without an instuction video.

I also agree that a lot of people are curious about it after seeing Nog use it, and then even more after seeing Couture use it. It also has a supercool scarey name, too!.

wallsac said:
That's a good question- what is the counter or escape to this move? Anyone have a vid to it????
Counter to the move is grab the guys leg with the arm that is outisde of the choke.. That way he cant roll over and get good leverage to choke.. Wait till he fixes his grip and escape.

Gsoares2 said:
Counter to the move is grab the guys leg with the arm that is outisde of the choke.. That way he cant roll over and get good leverage to choke.. Wait till he fixes his grip and escape.

Thanks - I've been wondering this myself.

I can't see anything...is there any way to turn this into a windows media player file?? if there is please PM me

he holds it well after the guy has begun tapping out in the second part of the clip doesnt he? Im only saying this because ive seen people go to sleep almost immediatly from chokes (4-5 seconds) you know the guy he was choking didnt appreciate that.

Thanks. This had a couple of little things that I'll look into the next time I train.

I have used this "Anaconda" choke(Randy Couture calls it the gator roll) with mixed results.

My primary issue is that my arms are short so I have a hard time shooting the arm through and locking my arms.

Dude..I made the mistake ONCE(and only once) on not tucking my head before the roll and I had a headache for 2 days.

Any tips for guys who don't have really long arms.

My .02
TMG

Thanks for the video.
Today I will try that Choke on someone in my training.

I've always wondered, what the anaconda choke is, and boy, that's a cool sub!

Back