Learn to do the Anaconda Choke - Video Clip

Stephan Kesting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
On almost every forum I go to people are always asking "what is the Anaconda Choke" or "how do I do the Anaconda Choke properly?" Accordingly I am posting a link to Denis Kang teaching this choke: www.grapplearts.com/My-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Download.htm (QuickTime format). Denis is DEADLY with this choke, he has used it in MMA competition, and in this video he teaches a ton of details to make this choke powerful and effective.

Enjoy!
Stephan Kesting
www.grapplearts.com

I don't see why anyone would need a video to learn how to do this. It's self evident.. I don't see what the big fuss is about it.

Considering every two weeks someone else starts a thread asking how to do this, this thread could end up stickied.

Yup. Good find. Sticky indeed.

John O'Brien said:
I don't see why anyone would need a video to learn how to do this. It's self evident.. I don't see what the big fuss is about it.
you must not train then ... any submission even the basic rnc or guillotine you have to be shown how to do properly and practice if you wanna get it off right against anyone with more then 2 weeks of training

I found it a good choke but i still do it all sloppy
-Jon

It seems like a decent video if the rest of the techniques are explained in the same detail

alexgncw said:
you must not train then ... any submission even the basic rnc or guillotine you have to be shown how to do properly and practice if you wanna get it off right against anyone with more then 2 weeks of training

Yes, I must not train. That must be it..

Thanks for the link, I tried this choke 4 or 5 times after watching randy use it and could not finish my training partner. I think the video just explained to me the one detail I was leaving out..
Thanks again!

I think that I'm not dipping my shoudler & keeping the arm across the neck is why I can never get this in tight. I can normally catch a good sprawl & I feel comfortable to work from this position so I would like to master this choke.

I used to have mixed success with this choke, but when Denis and I made this instructional I picked up three details that made it MUCH more powerful and effective. For me these three details were:

Why is everyone so interested in this particular choke? Its just one of many and not some super secret
killer move... Must be the name...

Dunno WHY everyone is so interested but they are. Every freaking week there's another question about how to do it from some newbie or another.

Sticky this freaking link so we can all slam the next wanker who asks without using the search function or looking at the top of the board,

Stickied temporarily so as to avoid even more threads about this.

thank you guys so much.... for the know it all that think we don't need a video... stfu... videos help a lot in showing you the little details of the moves... some of us don't have any accesss to a BBJ instructor or other videos that cover this relitively recent move...

I was fortunate enough that Alan Goes showed me the choke awhile back, it's probably my favorite sub. from that position. I'd just assume have people never figure out how to do it so they can't defend it in competition.LOL

kidding of course.

Back