Learn to do the Anaconda Choke - Video Clip

My instructer gets that move on me all the time. I have yet to get that move on anyone though. Maybe if I grapple my 2 year old daughter I'll finally get lucky.

Thanks for the video.

By far this is the best explanation I seen on the Anaconda choke. In this video I learn I have to sink my shoulder in & to keep my head on the side..

bammann45 said:
Why is everyone so interested in this particular choke? Its just one of many and not some super secret
killer move... Must be the name...
Well, I first heard of it from Tatame:
from a luta livre stylist fighting under the BTT banner.
He never claimed he created the move but made it popular after applying it on his opponent!

I love this chike, but never knew what it was called. It was one of the first techniques I ever learned.

Very nice vid!

Is the rest of his instructions this detailed?

Wolverine
///

Thanks a lot for posting this, Mr. Kesting. I own a few of your instructional dvds, and I've watched them abotu a kajillion times. Nevermind people who think demonstrating the choke is a useless post, because I don't see how posting an awesome intructional video is ever "self evident" or "unnecessary". Thanks again.

Madmick said:
Wow, no.

What would make you think this?

Anaconda over guilotine?

For the look & the unpredictability- I'd say Anaconda is better, however guilotine is a classic that is one of the most popular subs.

Out of curiousity what is the escape to this move?

Big Red said:
Out of curiousity what is the escape to this move?

I use this choke very often. Very successful! By the way, I've noticed that if your opponent, which is getting choked, rolls faster then you, your grip on him is more loose. So, as soon as you notice your opponent wants to put an anaconda on you, just start rolling before him.

Lol I Thought it was called the gator roll..lol

U Know U Love rogan

Back