Lauzon analyzes Palhares' subs

he was cut because heath tapped and babalu put him to sleep anyways refusing to let go

Don't forget Babalu didn't help his case by pointing out that he meant to do it after the fight.

EDIT: IIRC David Heath made a remark before the fight that pissed him off can't remember what he said though.

Great video. Even some of his "quick"(for him) releases look bad. Extra cranking and all. He really must have some kind of disability because it should be easy for someone to show him this or explain to stop cranking at the tap and be ready to let go once you feel the tap.

Idk, holding a sub for 1 second doesn't sound long. Royce Gracie, now he has a long hold.

Looks a lot better for you than being KOd, at least.

You clearly don't practice jiu-jitsu, or you would know that 1 second is a very long time to hold a submission after a tap.

Palhares pays no attention to the ref, while Lauzon actually watches the ref and waits for him so he can let go immediately. Palhares gives no shits and will never learn. Pathetic.

Don't forget Babalu didn't help his case by pointing out that he meant to do it after the fight.

EDIT: IIRC David Heath made a remark before the fight that pissed him off can't remember what he said though.

Yeah, you're right. I forget what was said beforehand at the weigh ins i believe, but there was something that set Babalu off.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but BJ got a free pass for holding on to a choke against Pulver.

Not trying to make excuses for Paul Harris, as I think he is a bit of a tool. However, I read that Maurillo Bustamante is who awarded him his black belt, and with Busta's history with the Lindland tap then denial there of, the academy was instructed to hold the submission after the tap and only release when the ref stops the fight. This then became the gym's mentality. I don't agree with him holding the subs as long as he does after the ref stops the fight, but it can at least give a bit of insight into why he holds as long as he does.

This is BS. Bustamante excused Paul Harris' actions due to excitement and misunderstanding.

Then took it back, saying he just does it. He can't stop him.

Busta sent him to a therapist. It did nothing.

BJ got a free pass for holding on to a choke against Pulver.

BJ Doesn't have a history of malicious cranking after even the ref has tapped him.

Any fighter could get caught up in the moment and hold for too long or crank that little bit extra,..... once.

But not every single freakin time.

BJ Doesn't have a history of malicious cranking after even the ref has tapped him.

Any fighter could get caught up in the moment and hold for too long or crank that little bit extra,..... once.

I agree, but BJ didn't get caught up. He was in total control the entire fight and could have subbed him earlier. He embarrassed Pulver on purpose, like he tried to do during the entire TUF show.

AFAIK Babalu didn't have a history of doing it either. You could argue he admitted to doing it, but it's not like BJ needed to explicitly state he did for it to be clear.

Honestly I think Palhares has a mental disability. I'm not defending the guy by any means, but I don't think him holding submissions too long is necessarily malicious. Just watch some old fights of his and watch his body language. Look at how excitable he gets at times, like how a child might get excited and be unable to control themselves.

First off people like Palhares should not be allowed to compete in any sport, ever.

Secondly, Palhares deserves to be beaten to within an inch of his life.

And when he recovers, he deserves to have it happen to him again.

He's just a plain psychopath, with no reguard of anyone other than himself, and considering the frequency of his violations, there is no talking him out of it, or him making mistakes, etc.
Hence, the guy needs to be both mentally and physically broken, so as to hopefully make him no longer pose a threat to anyone, aside from him not being allowed to compete ever again.

That's ridiculous, i hope for entertainments sake you are the one that attempts it. While i definitely agree hes f'd in the head beating the man near to death will do no good, really he should just be barred from the sport, and that should solve it.

He called him a mother f**ker.

He called him a mother fucker tho lol

The worst thing is that he visibly cranks them even harder when the ref jumps in.

He should be banned from fighting. Nobody should ever accept a fight against him. He has no respect for his opponents or the sport. He doesn't deserve to be in there.

The man gives the Just Bleed God a raging hard on. As a devout follower myself, I love Paul.

First off people like Palhares should not be allowed to compete in any sport, ever.

Secondly, Palhares deserves to be beaten to within an inch of his life.

And when he recovers, he deserves to have it happen to him again.

He's just a plain psychopath, with no reguard of anyone other than himself, and considering the frequency of his violations, there is no talking him out of it, or him making mistakes, etc.
Hence, the guy needs to be both mentally and physically broken, so as to hopefully make him no longer pose a threat to anyone, aside from him not being allowed to compete ever again.

And who's going to do it?

It certainly won't be you.

Heath wore a shirt at the weigh in with a picture of Babalu's arrest photo on it.

respect/badass/congratulation

nz0nkx.jpg

Temqwn0.jpg

10001747.gif

Travis-Browne-KOs-Josh-Barnett-in-the-1st-of-UFC-168.gif

Last edited:
Back