Lauzon analyzes Palhares' subs

I'm a Rousimar fan, but dammit all if Lauzon doesn't provide a good analysis.

I wish Palhares would cut the shit out. Such a fun guy to watch.

I still have a hard time believing people don't take into account how dumb Rosimaur is. The guy is borderline potato, and that is part of why when he goes for locks he's so damn good. He puts ALL his focus and energy into getting the lock and crank. He is focused on nothing else. Has anyone else noticed that every time he releases it is when he LOOKS at the referee. It's like he doesn't feel the ref. He has to see the ref to know it's over.

Again, the guy is near-potato on the smarts. And anyone signing up to fight him knows that. If you don't want potato-crank, do not sign to fight him.

Rousimar is a dirty, psycho bully.

He has got some of the best submission skills in the game but is mentality is just plain fucked up.

I don't know what is running through his head when he is cranking the sub and feels the tap? It must make him hard at night, or why else would he continue to do it time and time again.

I remember a while back someone on another board (not an MMA board) who claimed to be a psychiatrist, and he said something similar, along the lines of Palhares being a "latent" with sadistic tendencies, etc. You can imagine the turdstorm he started. I dunno if the board is still up.

I thought of the guy's post when Palhares was making sure to grind his crotch in Shields's face near the end of the fight :icon_chee.

First off people like Palhares should not be allowed to compete in any sport, ever.

Secondly, Palhares deserves to be beaten to within an inch of his life.

And when he recovers, he deserves to have it happen to him again.

He's just a plain psychopath, with no reguard of anyone other than himself, and considering the frequency of his violations, there is no talking him out of it, or him making mistakes, etc.
Hence, the guy needs to be both mentally and physically broken, so as to hopefully make him no longer pose a threat to anyone, aside from him not being allowed to compete ever again.
Well put.

Good video by J-Lau, he seems like a really smart guy. It's kind of hard to watch Paul Harris cranking way too long time and time again. I agree with Lauzon, that's not what jiu jitsu is about regardless of its rough origins.

I still have a hard time believing people don't take into account how dumb Rosimaur is. The guy is borderline potato, and that is part of why when he goes for locks he's so damn good. He puts ALL his focus and energy into getting the lock and crank. He is focused on nothing else. Has anyone else noticed that every time he releases it is when he LOOKS at the referee. It's like he doesn't feel the ref. He has to see the ref to know it's over.

Again, the guy is near-potato on the smarts. And anyone signing up to fight him knows that. If you don't want potato-crank, do not sign to fight him.

That's a sig worthy quote.

1.5 seconds is foreverrrr!!! The human reaction time is 0.150 seconds, with actual motor program, movement time to release a sub should be around 0.200-0.250 seconds. less than 0.200 seconds with anticipation; stopping sub when knowing that the ref is coming to stop the fight.

Paul harris obviously holds on to subs on purpose. The pain threshold is reached once they start tapping, but he continues to crank it further past range of motion of pain threshold while the ref makes his way over to make contact, plus an another average 1 second after ref contact. So much damage can occur.

Conclusion: Paul is a Dick.

Too bad he can't control himself because Palhares has some brilliant submissions

THIS.
I've said before, even as a big fan of Toquinho's skill-set and fights, he's the closest thing to a down syndrome fighter you'll see outside of Garrett Holeve, the only confirmed DS fighter to be given fights.

There is something clearly wrong with Palhares. He is so many sandwiches short of a picnic, it's unreal. He's not a psycho IMO, he's mentally challenged and that might also be a reason why he shouldn't be cleared to fight. I think the AC should do in-depth mental examinations on him, coz it's not hard to imagine that a mentally challenged fighter could escape those kind of examinations on the Brazilian circuit. Then before you know, that fighter has submitted a ton of people and he's in the big leagues, under the bright lights, panicking and going mental even more than before.

was never on the wrestling team, at the time i thought singlets were to gay and didnt make sense. I also hated the rules for wrestling and didnt think they made sense

my bung thanks me to this day

I'm not sure why this post pisses me off. It's like you're congratulating yourself on being superior because you DIDN'T wrestle.

Many people choose to be just fans and not train or compete, and that's fine. But don't belittle people that have done what you didn't.

First off people like Palhares should not be allowed to compete in any sport, ever.

Secondly, Palhares deserves to be beaten to within an inch of his life.

And when he recovers, he deserves to have it happen to him again.

He's just a plain psychopath, with no reguard of anyone other than himself, and considering the frequency of his violations, there is no talking him out of it, or him making mistakes, etc.
Hence, the guy needs to be both mentally and physically broken, so as to hopefully make him no longer pose a threat to anyone, aside from him not being allowed to compete ever again.

Yeah and you sound like a sociopath.

He's unfit to be licensed. He was suspended before for holding a sub and suspended a second time for failing a PEDS test.

The guy is constantly involved in chaos - the dude jumped up on top of the cage in the middle of his fight with Dan Miller.

Hopefully NSAC levies a suspension for the Shields fight. If he goes unpunished I wouldn't be surprised guys refuse to fight him.

I think people get this romanticized view of the mentally challenged. That they all have the mind of a child and preserve that innocence. They're still people like any other and have capacity for malice just the same.

Palhers is no Lennie. With his long track record, I find it impossible to simply chalk it up to low intelligence and there's already tape of him cranking subs or holding onto them as retaliation for fouls, pre-fight trash talk by an opponent, out of frustration, etc.

He's had referee's smack dab in his face while they're trying to get him to stop more than once ftr.

It's not the responsibility of promotions, commissions, or his opponents to accommodate him in the first place with releasing holds when he's finally "aware" the fight is over. He's been kicked out of gyms and promotions. Really the next step rightfully was a long term suspension(already in effect). He's def. teetering on a ban. It's a shame considering his skill but it's on him.

He's unfit to be licensed. He was suspended before for holding a sub and suspended a second time for failing a PEDS test.

The guy is constantly involved in chaos - the dude jumped up on top of the cage in the middle of his fight with Dan Miller.

Hopefully NSAC levies a suspension for the Shields fight. If he goes unpunished I wouldn't be surprised guys refuse to fight him.
The most ridiculous aspect of all this for me is the fact that WSOF STILL hasn't cut him and are instead waiting to see what the commission says. The guy does this shit every fight and has even been kicked out of a gym for doing it. What the fuck are they waiting on? How could you possibly justify keeping the guy around at this point? It's literally gotten to the point where other fighters are now attacking him after the bell for this shit. It has to stop.

Interesting video.

A big part, though not all, of the difference between Lauzon's reaction time and Palhares is that once his opponent is tapping Lauzon is waiting for the ref and ready to let go.

Another key point is that Lauzon correctly treats a second like a very long time in the context of reaction times in sports. I think he called 1.4 seconds an eternity. Palhares fans saying a full second is a quick or immediate release is absurd.

Palhares is about to embrace the pig feed diet. Good riddance, i don't care how good he is, I'm glad he's been stripped and suspended especially since he was losing and gauged shields' eyes. I've been VERY harsh on shields in the past.

Aside from the time he holds the subs for, he also cranks his submissions needlessly without giving his opponent the opportunity to tap before a serious injury incurs.

Almost all the fighters do without that needlessly cranking and there is no complaining. He's an outlier.

This is what the main issue is I think. He doesn't appear to go for the sub, he goes for the destruction of the joint. Didn't he have some issues in a grappling tournament as well?

Palhares needs to be locked up in a Brazilian prison and fight like that with his fellow prisoners. That's some prison style submission bullshit.

Back