Last night showed me that refs are influenced by UFC hype.

I don't understand.. So he should have watched Conor murder him like Weidman did with Munoz?

It seemed a bit premature to me as well though I've seen worse

He took multiple shots on the ground and was being tenderized on the feet for the whole fight before that. It was only a matter of time before it was stopped.

In regards to the co-main decisiin though, youre right about that.

Siver did everything but tap out for the ref

People are just saying the stoppage was fine because Siver was getting destroyed.

Which is completely missing my point.

Refs only allow the kill when Dana turns his thumb down.

Look at the timing of that. Knee lands, she goes down and TWO SECONDS later, the fights was stopped. That's a joke.

Closer to one second. Seems like dean had already made up his mind. It's about different from when someone faceplants after a knockout shout, or falls back and gets stiffened; mcmann was obviously hurt, but she wasn't even allowed an opportunity to regain her bearings. Straight bullshit.

The ref who let Brock take a beating from Carwin was the same one who turned out to be a pot dealer. Knowing this in hindsight, I think he was influenced by more than hype...

he was the man

FREE ROSENTHAL

as soon as brock turtled up vs cain, the fight was stopped.

The Lesnar-Carwin non-stoppage was probably the best in UFC history, as Lesnar proved in the next round. Rosenthal deserves credit for that one. It looked worse than it was because of Brock's lack of composure under fire from strikes.

I saw no indication that Siver would be making a similar comeback. I didn't need to see anymore of that.

Herb should have let the Rousey-McMann fight go a bit longer, IMO.

So what about when Kongo was getting his face pounded and was basically KO'd 3 different times and was given every chance to recover before knocking out Pat Barry. What's the conspiracy theory behind that?

Thats another ref. I think Herb dean is the one doing the most early or fixed stoppages.

Herb Dean stops fights early sometimes.

as soon as brock turtled up vs cain, the fight was stopped.

The difference there is though that Cain was much more hyped and viewed as a potential long term champion, Brocks performance vs Carwin as well had badly hurt the "baddest man on the planet" hype.

All I know is he wouldn't stop Rousey-McMann if Rousey dropped from a knee like that.

Herb dean has definitely stopped some fights early but it seems like hes used the most though so hes still really good but big john is the best imo. Siver was done that stoppage was ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back