Last night showed me that refs are influenced by UFC hype.

Duxtape

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
As soon as Siver was dropped Herb was hovering over them like he was going to stop it if McGregor threw any punches at all.

Conversely we see UFC cash cows like Brock take nasty beatings where there face is profusely bleeding for like 4 minutes, but Siver basically took like 1 clean elbow from mount and it was stopped.

I used to like to think that the refs were unbiased and tried to be objective about the fights, but I don't think so anymore. Had it been McGregor on the other side of things, I think Herb would have let that round finish.

Oh well. I'm not a McGregor hater or a fan (and neither of those of Aldo either), just an observation.

Siver was turtling. Dean told him to move or react. He didn't. Dean stopped the fight.

No controversy.

The ref who let Brock take a beating from Carwin was the same one who turned out to be a pot dealer. Knowing this in hindsight, I think he was influenced by more than hype...

Of course. This is the same guy who stopped a TITLE fight... a FUCKING TITLE fight, a fight people train their whole careers to even have a chance to be in it... (Ronda/McMann) over ONE knee to the gut. Didn't even let her try to defend herself. Gotta protect dat UFC cash cow. Let the fighters fight in these very important fights!

Siver was out, besides he was doing nothing to get out of that position after being told to do so

You do realize that siver got dropped by a punch. When you get dropped like that you are in trouble anyway.

That was a completely legit stoppage. I think you're projecting bias onto the ref when there really wasn't any.

Not always the same ref

Well its because Siver was already getting destroyed on the feet and was just on survival mode once the ground , simple really.

Of course. This is the same guy who stopped a TITLE fight... a FUCKING TITLE fight, a fight people train their whole careers to even have a chance to be in it... (Ronda/McMann) over ONE knee to the gut. Didn't even let her try to defend herself. Gotta protect dat UFC cash cow. Let the fighters fight in these very important fights!

And five shots to the dome immediately after the knee......

I definitely thought the stoppage was fishy. But at least in this case the result wouldn't have been any different imo.

And five shots to the dome immediately after the knee......

oh and she was so rocked by them, right? lil baby rabbit punches. Not even 3, Daddy Herb was coming to stop it before she even started to throw the punches. She was in the process of getting up. She was in no danger of getting finished, at all. THE BRUTALITY!

This is a title fight, let the fighters fight. They've trained their whole careers for that one moment, let them follow it through and reach it's natural conclusion.

ronda-rousey-beat-sara-mcmann-a.gif

Really? I think Herb was spot on. Siver was being destroyed. Herb gave him a verbal and Siver did nothing. It Has nothing to do with early stoppage or saving the cash cow. If that was early in round one he lets it go a bit. Siver was getting outclassed in all aspects. Didn't hear Siver bitching about the stoppage did you? That was a save the fighter before he took too much unnecessary damage.

but he has made some mistakes in the past, remember barao-faber II?

Da fuq. Siver was defending not fighting back. Did Siver dispute the stoppage? Dont think so. Case fuckin closed.

oh and she was so rocked by them, right? lil baby rabbit punches. Not even 3, Daddy Herb was coming to stop it before she even started to throw the punches. She was in the process of getting up. She was in no danger of getting finished, at all. THE BRUTALITY!

This is a title fight, let the fighters fight. They've trained their whole careers for that one moment, let them follow it through and reach it's natural conclusion.

ronda-rousey-beat-sara-mcmann-a.gif

Completely agree that this is an early stoppage. The only thing Herb has going for him here issue that she wasn't protecting herself at all and had just collapsed from a liver shot.

Siver was turtling. Dean told him to move or react. He didn't. Dean stopped the fight.

No controversy.

remove conor's balls and read the OP.

he said as soon as he dropped herb was hovering to stop fight. we are not talking about the actual early stoppage.

reading comprehension

As soon as Siver was dropped Herb was hovering over them like he was going to stop it if McGregor threw any punches at all.

Conversely we see UFC cash cows like Brock take nasty beatings where there face is profusely bleeding for like 4 minutes, but Siver basically took like 1 clean elbow from mount and it was stopped.

I used to like to think that the refs were unbiased and tried to be objective about the fights, but I don't think so anymore. Had it been McGregor on the other side of things, I think Herb would have let that round finish.

Oh well. I'm not a McGregor hater or a fan (and neither of those of Aldo either), just an observation.

So what about when Kongo was getting his face pounded and was basically KO'd 3 different times and was given every chance to recover before knocking out Pat Barry. What's the conspiracy theory behind that?

Da fuq. Siver was defending not fighting back. Did Siver dispute the stoppage? Dont think so. Case fuckin closed.

intelligently defending himself!!! like the rules say

i guess if someone uses his guard (standup gloves in front of face to block) that he is defending and the fight should be stopped.

he said as soon as he dropped herb was hovering to stop fight.

But ... that's what happens in fights. That's why you have a ref

This isn't something new

Back