Last night showed me that refs are influenced by UFC hype.

So ur honestly trying to tell me u think Siver would've been able to escape that mount? Lol.

As soon as Siver was dropped Herb was hovering over them like he was going to stop it if McGregor threw any punches at all.

Conversely we see UFC cash cows like Brock take nasty beatings where there face is profusely bleeding for like 4 minutes, but Siver basically took like 1 clean elbow from mount and it was stopped.

I used to like to think that the refs were unbiased and tried to be objective about the fights, but I don't think so anymore. Had it been McGregor on the other side of things, I think Herb would have let that round finish.

Oh well. I'm not a McGregor hater or a fan (and neither of those of Aldo either), just an observation.

Last night convinced me that refs are influenced by preceeding sustained beatings.

Siver wasn't out, but it was clear to everybody that he wanted a way out of the fight.

i agree with the OP, I had Siver winning the 2nd up to that point, and the first.

I don't know man, Siver was getting smashed out there.

Nothing wrong with the stoppage, Siver wasn't going anywhere, just as he wasn't 5 second prior to that.

Do people really have to get KTFO for fans to accept a stoppage?

Been saying it to people forever. Deans quality has really gone down the last couple years.

Him and Big John are GOAT refs IMO and I respect the hell out of them, but neither is the best right now or for the last few years.

It was a late stoppage if anything. Herb would have been completely justified stopping it after Siver fell to the ground.

Of course. This is the same guy who stopped a TITLE fight... a FUCKING TITLE fight, a fight people train their whole careers to even have a chance to be in it... (Ronda/McMann) over ONE knee to the gut. Didn't even let her try to defend herself. Gotta protect dat UFC cash cow. Let the fighters fight in these very important fights!

oh and she was so rocked by them, right? lil baby rabbit punches. Not even 3, Daddy Herb was coming to stop it before she even started to throw the punches. She was in the process of getting up. She was in no danger of getting finished, at all. THE BRUTALITY!

This is a title fight, let the fighters fight. They've trained their whole careers for that one moment, let them follow it through and reach it's natural conclusion.

ronda-rousey-beat-sara-mcmann-a.gif

Bro you're getting all worked up over a WMMA fight

Ronda looks pretty hawt in that gif tho

The ref who let Brock take a beating from Carwin was the same one who turned out to be a pot dealer. Knowing this in hindsight, I think he was influenced by more than hype...

I was wondering what happened to Josh Rosenthal.

Of course. This is the same guy who stopped a TITLE fight... a FUCKING TITLE fight, a fight people train their whole careers to even have a chance to be in it... (Ronda/McMann) over ONE knee to the gut. Didn't even let her try to defend herself. Gotta protect dat UFC cash cow. Let the fighters fight in these very important fights!

True.

Herb Dean has several stupid stoppages IMO.
I won't go into all of them here, but another one of them happened somewhat recently in a BW title fight.
Plus the one you mentioned.

But the OP is flawed, comparing Dean's Can't Wait To Stop The Fight to Rosenthal's decisions.

She was holding her liver and not even attempting to protect herself. This wasn't stopped because of head shots it was a body shot that ended the fight. Is this the first time you've heard of such a thing?

That's what I saw too. What are people getting on about?

The ref who let Brock take a beating from Carwin was the same one who turned out to be a pot dealer. Knowing this in hindsight, I think he was influenced by more than hype...

i wouldn't consider trafficking marijuana seeds to be a pot dealer br0

Also the one who let Weidman beat Munoz into a bloody pulp.

People are just saying the stoppage was fine because Siver was getting destroyed.

Which is completely missing my point.

oh and she was so rocked by them, right? lil baby rabbit punches. Not even 3, Daddy Herb was coming to stop it before she even started to throw the punches. She was in the process of getting up. She was in no danger of getting finished, at all. THE BRUTALITY!

This is a title fight, let the fighters fight. They've trained their whole careers for that one moment, let them follow it through and reach it's natural conclusion.

ronda-rousey-beat-sara-mcmann-a.gif

It was not stopped because the head shots were so damaging, the head shots showed that McCann was incapable of lifting a finger to defend herself. If you can't intelligently defend, fight is over.

And five shots to the dome immediately after the knee......

Dead wrong.

Siver was getting killed, wtf are you talking about.

It was not stopped because the head shots were so damaging, the head shots showed that McCann was incapable of lifting a finger to defend herself. If you can't intelligently defend, fight is over.

Look at the timing of that. Knee lands, she goes down and TWO SECONDS later, the fights was stopped. That's a joke.

Back