Economy Large hospitals doing massive lay-offs, cutting positions, and even going out of business.

He still didn’t need to use scare tactics, that’s the difference. The last 12 years of Republicans has been fear, fear, fear.

The only difference is the way the media has covered it.

I’m literally about to just place you on ignore. It’s something I’m trying out for a month to see if I can tolerate this place more and start posting better myself. Take your goddamned meds and log off for a while

Oh no put me on ignore like that baby Glen? Can’t handle your own bullshit? You were better of just replying “This is it.” Getting you to think causes so much turmoil.

I know I’m sorry. I’ll do it in pictures or memes next time.
Are you accusing me of believing reporters? In the same post that I questioned the realness of a reporter?

Or placing ivs, picc lines, placing arterial lines, titrating your meds that keep you alive, and so on

Super fucking technical. I have 0 medical training and I’ve titrated my own meds and have placed my own IV. Shit I’ve performed my own phlebotomy.

Take away fear of needles and half of that is menial.

Are you accusing me of believing reporters? In the same post that I questioned the realness of a reporter?

Im not doing that. I know you don’t trust a single thing coming from MSM. Some guy with a YouTube channel? Maybe?

Are you arguing that the word "mostly" somehow doesn't mean majority?

You used bold text on a part of the sentence to create some kind of separation where it doesn't exist. The 'Hospital Administrative staff and others who are not directly caring for patients with or without COVID-19' is all one large group.

"Beaumont officials said the 2,475 employees being temporary laid off are mostly hospital administrative staff and others who are not directly caring for patients with or without COVID-19."

I lost one of my best friend's over the pussygate tape. I think about it all the time. He went on multiple long rants over how awful Trump's "grab em by the pussy" comment was. Now because I was his close friend, we had said so much inappropriate shit together, like everyone does. I remember one time we saw a hot girl jogging, and he commented that he would try to rape her, but there is no way he could catch her.

So I commented on his facebook post and was just like "dude, we say worse shit than this all time lol". He went on a massive rant against me, calling me someone who defend racism, homophobia, etc...
I asked if he really believed that, and he repeated the same rant, then unfriended me.

So I texted him, apologized, and said I didn't want to let dumb political get between us. He never texted back.

I'm not sure I'll ever agree with you again, but I've seen the same shit.

Had a couple of guys I knew who were trying to flex and condemn Trump for the comment and I went on their pages and was like "I've heard you say much worse".

I'm a death metal fan. I have shirts that are all kind of disgusting. From the visuals to words. Have one that has a graphic depiction of a dude mutilated, and the back says "Cold Vengeance On A Rapist". An even grosser one that has a graphic illustration of a woman being fucked by a demon, and another giving birth to a demonic child. The back of the shirt says "Putrescent Bestial Insemination of a Filthy Whore". One that says "Skinned and Fucked".

I can't rightfully judge someone for locker room talk when I walk around that way. We can and will disagree, but there are a lot of reasons to hate Donald Trump. Something as mild as "Grab 'em by the pussy" is a really pathetic thing to be up in arms about.

It says the majority they are laying off is administrative staff. Not doctors and nurses.

Thanks for showing the OP that reading is a thing.

<{anton}>

Welp, there goes that whole premise.

then send us links of these things you ''read about'' please.

My fiancee is an eye surgeon. She has been furloughed. Her best friend is an anesthesiologist. She has been furloughed. My sister is a ICU nurse. She has been furloughed. This is in Las Vegas, though, so maybe it's different over where you're at.

So trumps policy is working. Guess he can count on your vote. Any other arguments I haven’t been making you want to ascribe to me some you can cry about trump more
How do you credit Trump when he was slow to agree on a lockdown, downplayed the seriousness and in the last few days has egged on the protesters opposing the lockdown?

How do you credit Trump when he was slow to agree on a lockdown, downplayed the seriousness and in the last few days has egged on the protesters opposing the lockdown?

Don’t try man. Trump says words, most of them are lies, yet his supporters believe him even when his lies are so outrageous. For instance, the I have complete authority (Cartman) bullshit. The scary thing about Trump is his lack of understanding when it comes to the constitution and his lack of wanting to learn. He’s a fuck bull in a China shop. Running around breaking shit then blaming the guy who was in the shop before him.

Because America has had a very good response to the disease thus far.

You could add - Ignored the demands of governors, over and over and tried to rose color glass everything.

Because America has had a very good response to the disease thus far.

No thanks to the Federal government. The states are running the show, why can’t you acknowledge that. The Federal government is obfuscating at every turn.

Trump is more worried about re-election than he is about solving this situation. Trump is lost here. When it comes to an internal problem where his typical schtick is to demonize that enemy, he’s caught in a weird place. The inaction of the government in taking some type of leadership is so telling that Trump is way over his head here. Trump typically takes decisive measures when it comes to matters he feels he has a good grasp on. Here, his direction changes on a daily basis. Today I am leader, tomorrow it’s the governors. He’s walking a tight-rope between not getting blamed but taking as much credit as possible.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...Xq1tLaI4Pf9Z6wMYQ-XiD11goZx2Sko3dv-fl8v_g78Ko

Another one in Detroit simply closed. I believe lay-offs and closures at hospitals are nationwide, as well.

So allegedly the ventilators needed are now available, but you can correct me if I'm wrong on that. That was done pretty quickly in the face of claims that this was the disaster of the whole situation, not having enough ventilators.

Another one was that the hospitals were going to be over-stressed and not be handle the influx of C-19 patients. New York itself may be in its own category, respectively, but Detroit-land area was in the top 5 of places hit, and it appears that there would definitely be enough staff, and enough space available to handle this situation. Please don't make (typical) 10 steps behind me comments about "This guys doesn't know the difference between the ICU and other units" because predictable stupid answers I'm way ahead of are getting annoying for me around here. It's not THAT hard to convert other units into ICU like units, especially when the problem that causes the need for expansion generally requires similar or the same technology; o2 delivery and full-on ventilators along with some other basics could prepare other units to be appropriate "ICU's" for this particular outbreak.

So does it say anything that in the face of this medical crisis that one of the hardest hit areas now has too many medical professionals and too much space in hospitals? Should hospitals be able to segregate areas better to keep C-19 from spreading throughout, or is this thing just completely air-born? What does this say?
Yeah. This is why there is a lot of merit to the people saying we need to open the economy back up. The lives lost due to a collapsing economy can be astronomically worse than the virus itself.

It says the majority they are laying off is administrative staff. Not doctors and nurses.
Thanks for showing the OP that reading is a thing.
<{anton}>

Welp, there goes that whole premise.
So, what is your point? You ultimately need "administrative staff" to keep the hospitals running. Why do you think some are closing entirely?

It's a domino effect, and it's not simply "administrative staff" that is getting laid off...

This is just the beginning. You are short-sighted and lack understanding because you are limited to what CNN and MSNBC tell you to believe. The fact that clinical staff is getting laid off, despite a demand for them on the front lines, would have a person with at least reasonable levels of cognition concerned about the reasons why.

Last edited:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...Xq1tLaI4Pf9Z6wMYQ-XiD11goZx2Sko3dv-fl8v_g78Ko

Another one in Detroit simply closed. I believe lay-offs and closures at hospitals are nationwide, as well.

So allegedly the ventilators needed are now available, but you can correct me if I'm wrong on that. That was done pretty quickly in the face of claims that this was the disaster of the whole situation, not having enough ventilators.

Another one was that the hospitals were going to be over-stressed and not be handle the influx of C-19 patients. New York itself may be in its own category, respectively, but Detroit-land area was in the top 5 of places hit, and it appears that there would definitely be enough staff, and enough space available to handle this situation. Please don't make (typical) 10 steps behind me comments about "This guys doesn't know the difference between the ICU and other units" because predictable stupid answers I'm way ahead of are getting annoying for me around here. It's not THAT hard to convert other units into ICU like units, especially when the problem that causes the need for expansion generally requires similar or the same technology; o2 delivery and full-on ventilators along with some other basics could prepare other units to be appropriate "ICU's" for this particular outbreak.

So does it say anything that in the face of this medical crisis that one of the hardest hit areas now has too many medical professionals and too much space in hospitals? Should hospitals be able to segregate areas better to keep C-19 from spreading throughout, or is this thing just completely air-born? What does this say?

Surgery departments are the economic engine that drive the finances at any hospital. With the virus hospitals have halted any surgeries that can be put off so and not to use resources like PPE. Out patient surgery is especially lucrative and they are just not happening. On the other hand, In patient stays like what is required for a virus patient is very labor intensive and reimburses poorly.

Also exacerbating the problem is that Medicare is generally the worst or second to worst paying health insurance. Traditionally hospitals loose money on Medicare patients. So facilities have more bad business than good business right now.

I suspect this is largely why hospitals across the country are struggling financially right now.

Back