Kung Fu is next in the UFC

The Kung-Fu that works in a real fight and has always worked, is the one that's been pitted against Muay Thai for decades now. It's just Sanda/Sanshou, which takes only the effective strikes of Kung-Fu (while trashing all the dumb flowery forms junk), train them hard for combat sport, and producing real fighters. Then it looks just like Kickboxing, which is an invention of Karatekas who saw the similar waste of time of their kata for McDojo money.

A kicks is a kick and a punch is a punch. There's no real special kick that Kung-Fu owns, I don't think. TKD doesn't own all the spinning kicks neither. While Muay Thai just gets right down to it, w/o any of the flowery fluff. If you say Kung-Fu in a TMA sense, with all of this flowery forms, will be transitioned into MMA, then haha....no.

I agree with most of your post, the only thing I would say is that Sanda places more emphasis on the side kick than any other striking art.

Any talk of "the touch of death" or "inner chi" is loony tunes.

So we have seen a lot of Karate and Tae Kwon Do techniques being implemented in MMA recently. I believe Kung Fu will be the next art where people will use such close quarter techniques as the inch punch, shoulder strike, and elbow blocks.

It wasn't that long ago when traditional martial arts were considered a joke, but now they're gaining respect amongst the fighting community.

Everyone knows that sensei segal's secret horse stance is the future of MMA

As far as TM's go, I think Capoiera is going to make an impact in the near future. The movement (similar to what TJ and Cruz are doing) and the spin kicks have been doing well in some smaller shows and kickboxing events.

Cant wait to see it in the UFC!

TMA training methods are typically more of what makes them weak than the techniques themselves.

Look at the four big arts of MMA - boxing, wrestling, muay thai, bjj and notice that they all involve contact sparring and a big emphasis on fitness...

Even in the chop sockey flix they show there is a hierarchy: the dojo/kata kings always get smoked by the killers who are out actually fighting, and the virtuous dojo king usually has to 'go into the wilds' to make up for that gap due to lack of proper training.

GSP, Hardy, Diaz, and quite a few others have done at least one TMA. The hard part is finding actual dojos and avoiding McDojos.

After studying QuinNa I can say the axioms of TMs CAN be useful if you know how to create applicable crossover (balanced entrances, elbow/shoulder wraps, and so on). You just have to be smart enough to know "Oh hey, in a fight I probably can't do shit with these finger and wrist locks, because the other guy is a trained athlete and I can't spend 20 years going over this one wrist lock hoping it pops up in a fight".

COBRA KAI - "There is no mercy in this dojo."

As for the 20 year wristlock, it's all about starting young...

[YT]Y-fexXdzKwY[/YT]

I agree with most of your post, the only thing I would say is that Sanda places more emphasis on the side kick than any other striking art.

Any talk of "the touch of death" or "inner chi" is loony tunes.

Thanks. Also, doesn't Karatekas and TKD guys, sidekick a lot? I like to go spar vs. other styles, quite often, to pickup different perspectives. I seem to get sidekicked most by TKD's and then Karatekas. Kung-Fu also, but they throw many looping kicks and sometimes, reverse crescent kicks.

But then again, these are Kung-Fu gyms that I go to and not Sanda, or KF gyms with a Sanda curriculum so I wouldn't know. While looking at Cung Le, I can see your point...he throws a lot of sidekicks.

Here is the one inch punch done by a certified expert trying to break a fake board in a demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTaf6Fydp7U

Also, if you look at Bruce Lee doing his 1-inch punch demos, he makes the guy stand squared up instead of in stance, to be knocked back easier. Bruce Lee is still impressive with his power still, just not that great.

But what do you guys think about this video of Bruce Lee.....when he's playing fucking Ping-Pong with nunchucks.....holy shit, is this real? How the fuck......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGktqHzu83c

i know this one kungfu technique but i cant use it in the ufc because it disables the opponents' reproductive organs. if im fighting a female, i become a wrestler of course.

Every young boy dreams of having super powers. I guess that's the appeal of traditional martial arts as portrayed by Hollywood. It fools idiots into thinking there is a way of gaining super powers in the real world.

I dunno much about kung fu but it would be cool if fighters incorporate some stuff to confuse opponents and throw them off.

I did wushu for 3.5 years as a kid. I only stopped because I was killing people just by touching too often

LOL @ kung fu. Aikido is where it's at. Then all the Seagal bashing will end, because he truly will be the guy that taught all those moves to the champs.

That ridiculous Kung fu crap doesn't work. TMA's in general are a joke... Let's drunken monkey fight! Check out my ferocious bear claw technique! LOL. Gimme a break.

lmfao

if ufc payedmore than hollywood jet li and jackie chan would be kicking ass in the octagon

Bajiquan is where it's at. I want to see someone pulling off Akira Yuki (of Virtua Fighter) style stuff, or someone doing a tetsuzanko.

The one inch punch is real and IF done correctly contains more knockout power than a Mighty Mo overhand right. It's just too bad you don't understand it.

that's not how physics works dumb ass.

Back