Kung Fu is next in the UFC

GiTailor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So we have seen a lot of Karate and Tae Kwon Do techniques being implemented in MMA recently. I believe Kung Fu will be the next art where people will use such close quarter techniques as the inch punch, shoulder strike, and elbow blocks.

It wasn't that long ago when traditional martial arts were considered a joke, but now they're gaining respect amongst the fighting community.

AboveTheLaw-11-sg.gif

I'm still baffled that so many write off TAs. But I do understand that there are so many charlatans in the field that it creates this anti-action because it's so hard to find trustworthy strategists of the arts, rather than ego-driven "teachers".

But parts of it already exist in MMA. (pics from 1930s, based off teachings from long before)

news200907073.jpg

Kung Fu is shitty.

I believe Kung Fu will be the next art where people will use such close quarter techniques as the inch punch, shoulder strike, and elbow blocks.

I could see the one inch punch taking over MMA.

You do know that Roy Nelson is a legitimate Kung Fu artist, right?

Roy Nelson is a master of the ancient Kung Fu overhand right.

I believe it but how long?

It's call Mixed Martial Arts but it's being overtaken by Muay Thai Jiu Jitsu for way too long. Can't wait when we finally have real MMA in which all arts are being implemented and not just MT/bjj.

I remember when TKD champion Joe Rogan was talking crap about his own art, TKD. And now thanks to guys like Pettis, people are finally realizing how good TKD actually is. I'm sick of guys like Rogan talking up whatever FOTM art is and shit on everything else.

I can't wait when people finally realize that all arts work including Kung Fu. It really makes me shiver when people laugh at Kung Fu and everything else not MT/bjj. Thanks to the brainwashing done by Rogan.

You can't really use Kung fu in mma, can you imagine five pattern dragonclaw!! They'd be blood raining down in the crowd ..

What the hell even is kung foo? It's basically just a generic term for Chinese martial arts. I do remember seeing some gong fu practitioner rip out the trachea of a dummy that had all the properties of human flesh on fight quest or something once tho

You can't really use Kung fu in mma, can you imagine five pattern dragonclaw!! They'd be blood raining down in the crowd ..

This. If real Kung fu was allowed then all sorts of secret techniques such as the Celestial Palm and Touch of Death would be introduced and mma would be banned instantly due to too many fatalities.

This. If real Kung fu was allowed then all sorts of secret techniques such as the Celestial Palm and Touch of Death would be introduced and mma would be banned instantly due to too many fatalities.

You forgot the monkey fist technique, responsible for more deaths in china than any other fist technique.

The problem is that the 80s made all the flashy impractical styles lucrative and popular while the Chinese martial arts with grappling fell into obscurity outside of China. If you want to see real kung fu, google Shuai Jiao.

The one inch punch is real and IF done correctly contains more knockout power than a Mighty Mo overhand right. It's just too bad you don't understand it.

the one inch punch is not a technique practiced for fighting, Bruce lee only used it to demonstrate how much power he can deliver from only one inch swing.

it is not used in combat at all.

Back