Kung Fu is next in the UFC

"TMAs are a joke....." I'm sorry, dipshit, please elaborate for us.. Where exactly do you believe all fighting styles originate from? Boxing?

umm..probably. basic punching was probably the first thing done. Do you really think elaborate martial arts appeared before basic punching techniques?

I believe it but how long?

It's call Mixed Martial Arts but it's being overtaken by Muay Thai Jiu Jitsu for way too long. Can't wait when we finally have real MMA in which all arts are being implemented and not just MT/bjj.

I remember when TKD champion Joe Rogan was talking crap about his own art, TKD. And now thanks to guys like Pettis, people are finally realizing how good TKD actually is. I'm sick of guys like Rogan talking up whatever FOTM art is and shit on everything else.

I can't wait when people finally realize that all arts work including Kung Fu. It really makes me shiver when people laugh at Kung Fu and everything else not MT/bjj. Thanks to the brainwashing done by Rogan.

He never said that. He said that TKD lacked any good hand fighting. If you put a top TKD fighter in with a top MMA fighter, he's going to lose every time. Pettis is so good because he combines a bunch of different fighting styles. Rogan has never said that TKD is useless.

I thought that Ninjutsu already controlled the outcome of the MMA fights?

Also, if you look at Bruce Lee doing his 1-inch punch demos, he makes the guy stand squared up instead of in stance, to be knocked back easier. Bruce Lee is still impressive with his power still, just not that great.

But what do you guys think about this video of Bruce Lee.....when he's playing fucking Ping-Pong with nunchucks.....holy shit, is this real? How the fuck......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGktqHzu83c

Sadly that video isn't real. It's not even Bruce Lee. It's a commercial and they used a stunt double and edited the sound in to make look rule and sound like Bruce Lee.

He never said that. He said that TKD lacked any good hand fighting. If you put a top TKD fighter in with a top MMA fighter, he's going to lose every time. Pettis is so good because he combines a bunch of different fighting styles. Rogan has never said that TKD is useless.

Yes, he did. He said TKD was a scam. A SCAM!!!!

It's possible, if a gifted Chinese athlete crosstrained. I'm talking about some Ocean's 11 level acrobatic freak, crosstrained to Greg Jackson standards.

the one inch punch is not a technique practiced for fighting, Bruce lee only used it to demonstrate how much power he can deliver from only one inch swing.

it is not used in combat at all.

Bruce Lee would have used it for sure in the UFC. It would have become his greatest weapon along side screaming side kicks and evil stares mid fight. It is well known he would have been champions of all weight divisions.... IMO

Everybody will be Kung Fu fighting.

This can only work if the UFC is willing to pipe in sound effects for strikes and dub witty english banter over random mouth movements during the staredown.

We already have a kung fu master fighting in the UFC.

ka4spf.jpgl

Yes, he did. He said TKD was a scam. A SCAM!!!!

Yeah he took a fat shit on TKD until the crow did that jump turning back kick. Theres nothing wrong with TKD other than the fact it becomes pretty much useless when you get them out of kicking range. no stand alone martial art works all that great.

Every young boy dreams of having super powers. I guess that's the appeal of traditional martial arts as portrayed by Hollywood. It fools idiots into thinking there is a way of gaining super powers in the real world.

There's something to this, it's sad when grown men take it seriously.

There could be a legitimate "kung fu fighter" but only if they sparred hard, cross trained etc.

Kung Fu means nothing specific actually. It's just a term that describes martial arts practiced in China.

Sanshou is a very interesting martial art (old Cung Le was effective with it)

The reason is the fluid transition from standing kicks and punches to takedowns. In Sanshou the throws dont follow to the ground, but fighters are very good at transitioning from kicks to takedowns, and they know how to defend takedowns.

Some strikes that could be added to an mma arsenal

A front high kick, at some point in major mma we will see a Sanshou fighter get a KO win from a front kick to the jaw (like an uppercut kick).

Heel kicks are very common in Sanshou just like Tae Kwon do, Sanshou fighters tend to be outstanding at landing these kicks as well.

Wing Chun could sometime come to mma because of speed, and fluid combinations, but the problem of the low hands and fighters being poorly trained to defend power strikes from boxing like hooks and uppercuts needs to be addressed. A fighter with a background in both Wing Chun, and boxing/kickboxing may come to mma at some point and put together some really interesting combos though.

I seriously believe Wing Chun fighters have the greatest hand speed of any martial artist. Many fighters train wing chun for the sole purpose of upping their hand speed.

Last edited:
The one inch punch produces at best results 300-400 psi, but its not quite a knock out punch nor was it meant to be. It was made for a clinch scenario to make space between you and your opponent. Its just too bad you don't understand it. Its people like you who give it a bad name.

The one inch punch is real and IF done correctly contains more knockout power than a Mighty Mo overhand right. It's just too bad you don't understand it.

The side kick is going to be the next kick everyone starts incorporating into their arsenal.

Bruce Lee would have used it for sure in the UFC. It would have become his greatest weapon along side screaming side kicks and evil stares mid fight. It is well known he would have been champions of all weight divisions.... IMO

Sanshou is a very interesting martial art (old Cung Le was effective with it)

LOL I remember watching late night espn/espn2 with Cung Le doing sanshou fights against people who had never fought sanshou in their lives. He would usually win with takedowns and throws.

Nikita Krylov comes from TMA and he looked pretty decent tonight

Black belt in Kyokushin Karate
Master of Sports of Ukraine in Kyokushin Karate
Master of Sports of Ukraine in hand-to-hand combat
Master of Sports in Submission Fighting

Back