Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

Don't know much of the group NATURE yet, but I just found out they did a cover of Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. Thought it was pretty good imo.

Edit:

Plus, fromis_9's cover of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Last edited:
SGO48 Debut after only 30 days training.
They have a lot of guitarists, pianists, drummers....etc so the talent pool is deep.
The word among my Vietnamese brothers at work is that they have big support in US and Vietnam where I think honda is sponsoring them.

Have a Merry & Happy TWICEmas to everyone ITT. <{1-1}><YayKpop>

TwiceVelvet's performance of a K-pop classic at the 2018 Gayo Daejun.

Irene and Chaeyoung in the same frame is amazing.

Chaeyoung got to rap and sing.

Might have posted this a long while ago but Rei Kuromiya who is acting in this video by Seiko Oomori has an amazing career.

She just turned 18 and she's already got a decade in the business.

Seiko Oomori wrote this for ladybaby when Rei with in the group. Also probably already posted but who doesn't like cute girls cuddling.

Chungha's newest title track to start off 2019. <{1-69}>

what does everyone have as their best of 2018? best release? best MV? best debut?

best releases for me are...

Sunmi - Heroine

IU - BBIBBI

EXID - I Love You

Red Velvet - Bad Boy

Anda - The Open Boat

Not following J-pop anywhere near as much as K-pop, but the best Japanese song I heard was...

Perfume - Let Me Know

what does everyone have as their best of 2018? best release? best MV? best debut?

best releases for me are...

Sunmi - Heroine

IU - BBIBBI

EXID - I Love You

Red Velvet - Bad Boy

Anda - The Open Boat

Not following J-pop anywhere near as much as K-pop, but the best Japanese song I heard was...

Perfume - Let Me Know

Nice list! 'Heroine' and 'Bad Boy' are one of my top favorites from 2018.

Here's other favorites of mine

Yubin - Lady

Apink - I'm So Sick

TWICE - Dance the Night Away

Gfriend - Memoria

Hiragana Keyakizaka46 - Kitai Shitenai Jibun

NMB48 - Boku Datte naichau yo

Also want to include Toshi's cover track of 365 Nichi no Kamihikouki by AKB48. His vocals were simply fantastic in this.

Same loved DTNA and I'm So Sick.

Other faves.
SEVENTEEN-Oh My.

Twice-Candy Pop.

Lovelyz-That Day.

Nice list! 'Heroine' and 'Bad Boy' are one of my top favorites from 2018.

Here's other favorites of mine
it's amazing that yubin, yeeun, and sunmi have all released such great solo songs after wonder girls broke up. talented group, no doubt about it.

and i wasn't ever a huge fan, but after a lot of disappointing comebacks from apink for me, I'm So Sick was definitely a great song, and in my opinion their best since No No No.

and DTNA was probably the best Twice release of the year for me too. Yes or Yes did indeed grow on me though, and i really liked The Best Thing I Ever Did too.

thanks to Produce 48 i can recognize shiroma miru in the NMB48 MV (i assume murase sae is in there too).

Twice-Candy Pop.

man, i forgot all about Candy Pop. that's Twice's best japanese release in my opinion, and was really the first one that didn't feel like an afterthought. how could i forget that crazy MV....

and i wasn't ever a huge fan, but after a lot of disappointing comebacks from apink for me, I'm So Sick was definitely a great song, and in my opinion their best since No No No.
It was like a breath of fresh air to see Apink pull off something so different that time around. The concept and song just ended up working together perfectly.
thanks to Produce 48 i can recognize shiroma miru in the NMB48 MV (i assume murase sae is in there too).
Yup she is. You can spot Sae in around 8 secs of the video.

Sae is a goddess.
tumblr_p8w8zxEOsQ1xtzkd4o2_400.gif

New song from Apink

Wish the chorus was a little stronger, but overall, it's a good song with an aesthetically pleasing concept.

Back