KO power.

Work on technique. Then hit the heavybag alot with full speed and full power and he can hit a big tire with a sledge hammer.

On day's when a don't do Boxing or Judo. I use the Bas Rutten's " MMA Workout - Boxing - 2Minute Rounds " mp3 and hit the heavy bag with full power and full speed. It works for me.

I think people go through different phases of what works best for them (training protocals, not effort)

lol I was thinking "man this is an old thread, i wonder if there is a new article or something interesting to read" only to see "??????????????????????" ........

I really enjoyed the use of physics in this thread to break down a strike.....when i first started thai boxing i was in a statics & dynamics class. I drew thai fighters throwing all the basic strikes and using statics & dynamics to break down the moments about point/axis and rotational and linear lines of force on graphing paper in planar 3D space.

All the mass, acceleration equations are sweet! I think whoever said that body leverages (and hence accelerations) are different through the entire strike was right. Kinda like when your trying to move a barbell as fast as possible and it's the last 3 inches that really cause the weights to actually move fast.
So....is that acceleration per second? or velocity per second per second? m/s/s/s (m/s^3) if you assume that the change in acceleration is uniform for the change in leverage of a body parts range of motion? (but it's probly not fuck i am just thinking out loud) hah what does the graph look like?!?!? there is another variable somewhere in there.
*nerdily adjusts glasses*

Seriously though, cool thread.

Back