Knockdown + follow up sub = the most decisive way of winning an mma fight?

B

Bulletproof Acc

Let's take Hughes/Almeida and Nelson/Thatch for example, the way they won, is that the most dominant form of victory in a fight?

Donald+Cerrone+++vs.+++Edson+Barboza.gif

Winning for some period of time during the fight, several knockdowns and then finished with a sub.

Demonstrate that you're the best in clinch, ground, standing etc.

Basically Werdum/Cain 1

Most decisive?

Control the fight, win most/all exchanges, don't get taken down, win via KO/TKO/Sub after 2+ rounds.

See TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao I and II

I think it's definitely the essence of MMA and combining different styles to win a fight. Most dominant? I've always felt a dominant 2 or 4 rounds followed by a last round finish would be the most doninant way of winning. That way there's no excuses about luck, being caught, etc.

I think dominating for 5 rounds is the most decisive way to win

Nah you gotta be able to finish the fight at some point. And it depends on what kind of fight it is. Frankie dominated Faber for 5 rounds but...

Having to have the referee pull you off your opponent before you seriously injure them is way more dominant than winning 5 rounds.

Could always have been a fluke

In a fight anything can happen type stuff

Dominating for 5 rounds leaves no doubt who the better fighter was

Most decisive?

Control the fight, win most/all exchanges, don't get taken down, win via KO/TKO/Sub after 2+ rounds.

See TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao I and II

I am a kickboxing fan as well but MMA isnt KB.

Most decisive way would be to win all striking exchanges never get taken down, take opponent down 5+ times very round, mount the opponent every round then in the last seconds of the fifth throw a haymaker to knock him unconscious on the feet then grab him before he hits the ground and slap on a rear naked choke to win by sub

Nah you gotta be able to finish the fight at some point. And it depends on what kind of fight it is. Frankie dominated Faber for 5 rounds but...

Here is just an example to see if I can maybe change your mind

GSP vs Koshcheck

vs

Lawler vs Koshcheck

GSP dominated for 5 rounds and broke kos face by the end of the fight

Lawler finished kos in round 1

Would you say that lawler had a more decisive win over koscheck then gsp did ?

Round 1 pick them apart and dominate them on the feet

Round 2 take them down and control them + vicious gnp

Round 3 Finish them

Could always have been a fluke

In a fight anything can happen type stuff

Dominating for 5 rounds leaves no doubt who the better fighter was

Agree to disagree. I will always value an actual finish to a dominant decision.

Here is just an example to see if I can maybe change your mind

GSP vs Koshcheck

vs

Lawler vs Koshcheck

GSP dominated for 5 rounds and broke kos face by the end of the fight

Lawler finished kos in round 1

Would you say that lawler had a more decisive win over koscheck then gsp did ?

Yes actually. Koscheck was able to fight 5 rounds with GSP but couldn't survive one round with Lawler. More decisive to me.

No, because the knockdown caused the submission in the examples mentioned. It's obviously a dominant win, but submitting someone after rattling their brains doesn't prove you're a better grappler. Hughes vs. Almeida is the perfect example.

Back