Knockdown + follow up sub = the most decisive way of winning an mma fight?

I think dominating for 5 rounds is the most decisive way to win

I agree with this. A lot of people complained about how boring GSP was but think of how defeating and humiliating it would be to be dominated by a guy for 25 straight minutes with no effective offence or defence.

"He couldn't finish me"

So Mike Russow finished Todd Duffee and GSP vs Koscheck II went the distance. So you feel Russow was dominating Duffee and Koscheck should be proud he wasn't finished?

First one that popped into my mind was Mir vs Kongo. Twas a thing of beauty.

After reading the one dude's Faber reference, i immediately thought of his finish on Bowles. Right up there for one of the best subs of all time.

Obviously knocking a guy out cold is pretty decisive when it comes to finishing a fight. It's no more decisive than choking a guy to sleep though. Rendering a guy unconscious is pretty goddamn decisive. It's all the same, the only i difference is how you get there.

That said, it's hard to argue that beating the shit out a guy for 25 straight minutes isn't extremely decisive as well. Gsp won multiple fights in which his opponents never had control for more than 10 seconds at a time.

What i'm basically saying is, there are plenty of ways to win a fight decisively. Is the knockdown + sub the best example? Perhaps. It's probably the funnest to watch.

to completely outclass someone is the most decisive way of winning a fight.

anderson-silva-bonnar-spin.gif

This is great. His degree of concern was entertaining alone

But Diego Sanchez wanting a sub after he knock down Melendez is meh. Guess he could of win if he strike Giblert after the KD.

knock down and a brutal series of GNP takes the cake for me.

So Mike Russow finished Todd Duffee and GSP vs Koscheck II went the distance. So you feel Russow was dominating Duffee and Koscheck should be proud he wasn't finished?

In all fairness, the GSP vs KOS example isn't a good one. KOS was literally never the same.

didn't read thread

but Diego Sanchez vs Melendez

Nothing says boss better than winning by sub when you could finish with strikes.

HospitableBouncyLamb.gif

Silva VS Griffen

Can think of a more dominate way to win a fight. basically saying you can't do shit to me but I can do what ever I want to you so I'm going to have so fun with this.

Any choke is the most dominant. Because the opponent would literally have died, the fastest, had the choke stayed on.

Yep, especially when you show the guy at the weigh in that you're going to choke him unconscious...

ufc-107-frank-mir-vs-cheick-kongo.jpg

...and then do it after dropping him like a load of bricks.

Round 5 finish after dominating every round

Dillashaw barao 1, Cain vs jds 3, BJ penn vs Diego Sanchez. All come to mind

There are special exceptions like jones vs shogun or Anderson vs Forrest which are as dominant as possible

I think making a guy tap to strikes is the most dominant, there isn't any flukiness to it like a random knockout (like when a guy known for his wrestling gets a random knockout, not like Silva or JDS; when they knock someone out it isn't a fluke). Its just the person is in so much pain they break and quit.

I think its hilarious how people act like Werdum just mauled Cain when it was a close fight where both men got very beat up.

Close fight? For one round maybe. Werdum completely battered and picked Cain apart in rounds 2 and 3 before the submission.

Back