Knockdown + follow up sub = the most decisive way of winning an mma fight?

Maximus had an ill knockdown to sub

6jmvdg.gif

s2bm9i.gif

I remember watching that live. Beautiful.

Let's take Hughes/Almeida and Nelson/Thatch for example, the way they won, is that the most dominant form of victory in a fight?

Depends. Sometimes when a guy gets rocked they become much easier to catch in a submission. But then again having hit them in the face hard enough to drop them is pretty decisive in the first place.

Lol that's a stupid comparison. Lawler couldn't inflict more damage because the fight was STOPPED. If the fight continued as Kos lay there concussed I'm pretty sure in 25 minutes he would have done even more damage compared to what GSP did. Cmon bruh

Meh, 6 of one or a half dozen of another. KOS wishes GSP would have knocked him out early so he would not have life altering medical problems.

Josh still has problems with the eye, and the beating he took obviously fucked his career.

So Lawler took his consciousness for a mere moment, but GSP altered his career and lifelong physical health?

I get what you are saying, but under the unified rules GSP fucked Josh much harder. If you want to talk about fights to the death, then I assume GSP and everyone would fight differently.

Luazon vs Ruediger style.

Complete and utter domination in every aspect of fighting in two minutes.

I am a kickboxing fan as well but MMA isnt KB.

It's not, but striking is a big part of it.

"Don't get taken down" is a sign of dominance, especially if the opponent attempts multiple take downs.

So I'm not sure what kind of lame point you're trying to refute my statement with.

It's not, but striking is a big part of it.

"Don't get taken down" is a sign of dominance, especially if the opponent attempts multiple take downs.

So I'm not sure what kind of lame point you're trying to refute my statement with.

The ground is just as important as standing. Seemed like you value the striking more. You can still get taken down and dominate. Getting taken down is not a big deal if you can handle it. To fight in a way that bases on absolutely not getting taken down can hurt you. Bad.

Could always have been a fluke

In a fight anything can happen type stuff

Dominating for 5 rounds leaves no doubt who the better fighter was

Fight changing flukes happen in decision victories all the time. A broken hand after the first punch for instance...

Back