Knockdown + follow up sub = the most decisive way of winning an mma fight?

Silva VS Griffen

Can think of a more dominate way to win a fight. basically saying you can't do shit to me but I can do what ever I want to you so I'm going to have so fun with this.

I agree. It was one of the most one sided ass whoopings ive seen. Silva looked like a god that night.

Ffs, as much as I hate to say it, I think what Ronda's been doing is the most decisive thing, just winning in 30seconds.

Jones vs Shogun and GSP vs Hughes II is the most dominant way you can win fights.

I much prefer people jumping on a sub rather than going for low accuracy GnP that might not stop the fight and let someone recover if they tie you up.

You rock someone hard enough, forget about turning them into a purple belt, for a second they become a Sherdogger.

I think dominating for 5 rounds is the most decisive way to win

"He couldn't finish me"

So, the obvious answer is a 5 round demolition capped off in the last minute of the final round with a submission, which the loser taps to and then when the winner lets go the loser sucker punches him, and the winner fires back and knocks him out.

Couldn't get any more dominant than that. It could happen.

Gunni vs Thatch. drop him with the left hook+straight, work the mat for a couple minutes, then got the RNC

Most decisive way would be to win all striking exchanges never get taken down, take opponent down 5+ times very round, mount the opponent every round then in the last seconds of the fifth throw a haymaker to knock him unconscious on the feet then grab him before he hits the ground and slap on a rear naked choke to win by sub
:icon_chee

Jones/Shogun.

I would say a TKO finish following a grappling/GNP clinic is the most dominant. You show that you can force a guy into where you want the fight to take place, safely avoid his efforts to do the same, and beat him up all the while until he breaks.

Me and my buds have always thought so. Because you tool them standing and on the ground.

That, or whatever Diego Sanchez was doing in the first iteration of TUF. Bulldoze people, take them down straight into mount up against the cage, beat them up.

Yes actually. Koscheck was able to fight 5 rounds with GSP but couldn't survive one round with Lawler. More decisive to me.

But GSP made it so KOS couldn't get on a plane and had to drive thousands of miles home. Oh wait, he couldn't go straight home because he needed severe medical help. Furthermore, GSP derailed Josh's entire career. Josh wished GSP didn't torture him for five rounds, and he has admitted it was the worst thing possible for him.

But GSP made it so KOS couldn't get on a plane and had to drive thousands of miles home. Oh wait, he couldn't go straight home because he needed severe medical help. Furthermore, GSP derailed Josh's entire career. Josh wished GSP didn't torture him for five rounds, and he has admitted it was the worst thing possible for him.

Lol that's a stupid comparison. Lawler couldn't inflict more damage because the fight was STOPPED. If the fight continued as Kos lay there concussed I'm pretty sure in 25 minutes he would have done even more damage compared to what GSP did. Cmon bruh

I always thought Penn v Uno was about as decisive as a high-level fight can be.

Winning for some period of time during the fight, several knockdowns and then finished with a sub.

Demonstrate that you're the best in clinch, ground, standing etc.

Basically Werdum/Cain 1

Losing the first round isn't the most dominant anything.

Winning an extremely dominant decision (imo) is the clearest way of showcasing dominance over your opponent. It shows the clearest gap in ability.

Of course being extremely dominant over a significant period of time, and then ending the fight can be equally or even more indicative of dominance.

Rocking the fuck out of your opponent and then submitting them was always my favorite ending.

I always thought Penn v Uno was about as decisive as a high-level fight can be.

Considering how highly competitive their rematch was, I don't think that is a good example. In fact it shows how quick endings can often be based on luck more than a clear gap in skill.

I don't know if it's necessarily the most dominant way, but it is my favorite sequence. It's essentially the epitome of a cohesive MMA skill set.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back