Media King Mo predicts Jiri's weakness in Pereira fight

D MCCG

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
i was watching a video of Chael and King Mo. King Mo talks about when he fought Jiri and how to beat him. At 3:42 Mo says the weakness of Jiri is the calf kick. He also says his durability is Jiri's best feature but when he gets too wreckless the durability will wear away. Interesting to hear Mo say before the Pereira fight considering he took Jiri out with basically just calf kicks. Heres the video ----

Chael to be some expert in the sport, he doesn't seem to know fuck all about who these guys have fought. He didn't know shit about Jiri.

he didn't lose because of the calf kicks, he lost because he got punched in the face by a KO artist
Eh, he became more and more vulnerable as the fight wore on due to the kicks.

Kinda reminded me of Lima/Koreshkov 2. The damage to the legs forcing more and more aggression out of the target.

He lost due to the calf kicks, actually. He was immobilized within the first four minutes of the fight.

he wasn't immoboliized. he was compromised, but he lost because he ran into a right hand and a left hook.
The Calf kick made Jiri open up and fight with more urgency as he knew he couldn't sit there and eat those kicks much longer without having his mobility completely compromised.

yes, and he hurt Pereira multiple times too. it's not like the calf kicks all of a sudden shut his entire game down, he started winning AFTER the calf kicks. then he ran into 2 punches that dropped him. the calf kicks didn't make him do that, his fighting style did. he did the same thing vs Reyes and Reyes didn't even kick his legs.

i was watching a video of Chael and King Mo. King Mo talks about when he fought Jiri and how to beat him. At 3:42 Mo says the weakness of Jiri is the calf kick. He also says his durability is Jiri's best feature but when he gets too wreckless the durability will wear away. Interesting to hear Mo say before the Pereira fight considering he took Jiri out with basically just calf kicks. Heres the video ----

Awesome post, after-the-fact 💪

I will bet King Mo had two videos, one explaining why Jiri would win, the other explaining "how to beat him" ... and was prepared post either one, based on "which outcome" prevailed <45>

he wasn't immoboliized. he was compromised, but he lost because he ran into a right hand and a left hook.

yes, and he hurt Pereira multiple times too. it's not like the calf kicks all of a sudden shut his entire game down, he started winning AFTER the calf kicks. then he ran into 2 punches that dropped him. the calf kicks didn't make him do that, his fighting style did. he did the same thing vs Reyes and Reyes didn't even kick his legs.
Oh, so he willingly ran into a punch, it wasn't due to him getting slower due to the damage in his legs? lol.

I never said the calf kicks shut his entire game down, but it made him switch from fighting on the outside (to not be within Alex's punching range) at the start of the fight to switching to his normal style and start putting the pressure on, closing the distance as he couldn't afford to take much more of those calf kicks and ended up getting caught because he got too comfortable with Alex back peddling and not answering back.

Oh, so he willingly ran into a punch, it wasn't due to him getting slower due to the damage in his legs? lol.
so you think if he was faster he wouldn't have gotten countered? him moving forward into Pereira is what got him countered. that's the fact. your opinion is that it was because he was slower but you can't prove it. like i said, he's done the same shit before and gotten countered. hell, he did the same thing to King Mo and got finished.was it because of the non existent leg kicks in that fight or was it because he's too aggressive for his own good and his defense is not the best? your leg being fucked up doesn't stop you from moving your head, keeping your hands up, tucking your chin etc., and like i said he started winning the fight AFTER he got kicked in his legs.

Back