Media King Green releases statement after brutal loss

watch hector lombard vs neil magny and get back to me
Okay, it looked there was one moment where Magny may have been momentarily out and the fight could have been called, but overall I'd say Magny was doing significantly more to defend himself than Green was.

Green was basically helpless on the ground eating unanswered shots while Magny was squirming around continually trying to improve his position.

Okay, it looked there was one moment where Magny may have been momentarily out and the fight could have been called, but overall I'd say Magny was doing significantly more to defend himself than Green was.

Green was basically helpless on the ground eating unanswered shots while Magny was squirming around continually trying to improve his position.
<Durant35>

man stop lying. magny/lombard should have been stopped. overeem/browne should have been stopped. barry/kongo should have been stopped. but they weren't and the guys who "should" have lost all came back and won by brutal KO.

we've seen it happen dozens of times now. these guys fight for peanuts as it is, let them try to get their win bonus. 3 extra punches isn't going to cause a devastating amount of CTE. these guys are basically all guaranteed brain damage anyways.

He was beaten unconscious than woken up by way of strikes only to be put out again with head bouncing while firing PEZ, excellent stoppage.

Would be interested in seeing the data.
So it might be a little tricky because MMA is still a young sport and CTE can only be officially diagnosed after death but I feel confident in saying boxing is worse because a significantly higher number of boxers die as a result of severe head trauma suffered during fights.

Granted, boxing globally has a greater participation rate than MMA, but pro boxing seems to have at least 1 or 2 deaths a year while MMA has had very few deaths resulting from a fight.

So it might be a little tricky because MMA is still a young sport and CTE can only be officially diagnosed after death but I feel confident in saying boxing is worse because a significantly higher number of boxers die as a result of severe head trauma suffered during fights.

Granted, boxing globally has a greater participation rate than MMA, but pro boxing seems to have at least 1 or 2 deaths a year while MMA has had very few deaths resulting from a fight.
I was thinking the same thing as far as the sample size being too small for mma. When a boxers hurt and knocked down he's given a count or gets counted out and can possibly get up for more punishment. An mma fighter is knocked down or out he's vulnerable to as many shots the ref will slow him to take unless he recovers and defends. Bottom line both sports are legalized assault. I can't say either way which is more damaging cte wise.

im sorry but if we suppose to be boyz and you beat me like that
im pulling up with the boys ... LOL jalin turner was hugging on him after the fight saying you
know you paved the way...
ida been like "yeah i know you piece of sh1t"
and would of gripped him up by the neck AND
STARTED FIGHTING

<codychoke>
my kids were watching God dammit..plus That was legit my last run as a contender

also the ref will be getting a surprise visit for ruining my street image.
you got me in that cage getting punched on so bad that jerks like
Dana is feeling bad for me.....

The guy was knocked out three times in 10 seconds.. Glad he is ok... Could have been a career ender.
I counted 2 for sure. I see people saying he's not complaining about the nature of the stoppage, but who does? Early stoppage complaints sure, but late stoppage complaints.

Aren’t there any average lifespan statistics from cte producing sports?

notice how he doesn't have an issue with the stoppage. fighters want to be given a chance, they are receiving brain damage anyways.

Uh so if a fighter would prefer to die versus have a fight stopped we should just do that? They wouldn't have a problem with it!

It doesn't matter what these guys think.. its on the ref to protect them.

notice how he doesn't have an issue with the stoppage. fighters want to be given a chance, they are receiving brain damage anyways.

Makes sense. Because a guy who thinks it was a good idea to fight in cages for a living and is likely riddled with CTE doesn't have the mental capacity to understand why late stoppages are so dangerous, then we should all just appeal to this completely credible authority.

I'm not sure I have enough CTE to join you and Bobby as an expert on the subject, but one day, with luck, I will.

Now let us all return to our regularly scheduled PowerSlap programming.

Awesome song.

Another good Sabbath album is Technical Ecstasy ... not a lot of good reviews ... but some really bad-ass songs (Backstreet Kids, Gypsy, Dirty Women) 💪

Yes. Some of Iommi's finest solos and most brutal riffs

He had absolutely no chance though, dude wasn't defending himself on the ground at all
he was still moving around and covering up
is it a bad stoppage? yes. the worst ever? no.

Back