Khamzat Chimaev vs Jared Cannonier is the fight to make

It wouldn't make sense. The lack of a training camp and weight cut isn't a good deal for him. They need to pay him a lot more to take the fight. The people who would take the fight are guys that are lower ranked. Folks like Roman who had a cancelled fight recently, Chris Curtis, Paul Craig, Imavov and etc etc. Those guys need the push and money. Cannonier has already fought for the title. He can afford to sit out because he broke the 6 figure barrier for his pay.

Imamov is out.. Chimaev is not fighting follks like Curtis or Craig or even Imamvov. Cannonier travelled to effing Sydney to get on that card. If he wants a shoot against Strickland he has to go thru Chimaev thats the easiest route if he runs from this fight then thats tough luck he will never fight for another title

Imamov is out.. Chimaev is not fighting follks like Curtis or Craig or even Imamvov. Cannonier travelled to effing Sydney to get on that card. If he wants a shoot against Strickland he has to go thru Chimaev thats the easiest route if he runs from this fight then thats tough luck he will never fight for another title
He will be fine for declining this short notice fight. He has a win over the current champion. That win is also less than a year old.

I am not saying him showing up short notice is out of the realm of possibility. It's just not a good deal for him. Someone needs to bribe him to show up.

He will be fine for declining this short notice fight. He has a win over the current champion. That win is also less than a year old.

Who is he gonna fight? He was fighting under against Dodlize no money fight or nothing. For him fighting Chimaev is better then the title fight. He needs popularity and exposure

Cannonier isn't taking this fight. There is no prep time. Jared is also a big guy. He doesn't have time to diet down.
I wouldn't say that. I think Cannonier would take the fight but it'd definitely have to be a LHW bout (or however low Cannonier could cut on short notice)

I wouldn't say that. I think Cannonier would take the fight but it'd definitely have to be a LHW bout (or however low Cannonier could cut on short notice)

He could come in at 190 but Chimaev will still whop him

I am not saying it will never happen but it will require a lot of bribery on the backend for it to happen. Just a chance at the title isn't enough for Cannonier to take this fight. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. It's easier to bribe a lower ranked guy. They would have the incentive to take the fight.

He is already in camp.. He is fighting just 2 weeks after ufc 294 against Dolidze.. Why not fight Chimaev for more money and TS
Why not Dolidze then? He wants that fight, and Jared has zero interest in unranked opponents.

Are you kidding? No preparation, last minute weight cut and flying across the world with no time to acclimatise. That's a huge disadvantage

If he did it for Sydney he can do it here.. Besides he will never sniff another title fight and this fight is his best shoot.

The dude needs exposure he needs this fight more then Strickland rematch

If he did it for Sydney he can do it here.. Besides he will never sniff another title fight and this fight is his best shoot.

The dude needs exposure he needs this fight more then Strickland rematch
What? Are you saying a short notice fight against Khamzat does more for him than a title fight? That's insane. I'll leave you to it.

Back