Media Khabib think Gaethje dont deserve TS.

Meh. I don't think Islam deserves it either with a win over Hooker. The Chandler win again hooker was different because he was established in Bellator and they needed someone to step in. I say do Islam vs Gaethje, winner gets the title.
I’d be ok with this. Although Islam is already on a 9 fight win streak I can see an argument for having him fight an eliminator against Dariush or Gaethje. But I absolutely cannot see any justification for Gaethje getting a title shot

Well yeah Gaethje had to do that too at one point in his career, everyone does. Then you get there and become an established name which puts you in a different category than the guys that haven't fought the top guys yet.

Answer this though, don't you think neither clearly deserves a shot and both need another big win to solidify their argument for a shot?
I think Islam deserves a shot, but I’m ok with him having an eliminator with someone to solidify it. But Gaethje absolutely does not deserve a TS. If he gets another W then fine. I’m ok with having a title eliminator of Gaethje v Islam or Islam v Dariush. Of those 3 I think Islam deserve the TS the most, but I see an argument for having him fight one more time.

I get that, I'm honestly tired of arguing about it because I don't think any of them deserve it.

We all agree they should be trying to fight someone else right? Oliveira and Poirier hasn't even happened, these guys could all fit another fight in and then fight for the belt.
For sure, I think they should probably all fight each other. Maybe throw RDA in there as well. RDA deserves it even less then the trio discussed, but we need another person thrown in the mix. Or alternatively maybe the loser of Dustin/Charles (though the loser would need at least 2 wins to get another TS imo).

No matter the winner for poirier v oliveira,
Islam will face oliveira to test his grappling against the all time submission recordholder.
Gaethje run it back with poirier in a replay of their first fight.

2 potential great fights, winners face off for the belt.

At the end of the day, Gaethje's last win was better than Islam's

People saying Khabib didn't write that, are you saying Ali wrote that.... to Gaethje? Another fighter he is managing?

He wants to sit out until he gets the title shot which will be a minimum 6 months from now

Source or stop lying

In his octagon interview he said he wants a title shot or anybody

In another post fight interview he said he deserves a TS but thinks the UFC will give him another opponent first.

Gaethje is the only one insisting TS or riot

Last edited:
Khabib retired and now he is trying to control how things play out in UFC LOL I also don't believe Gaethje deserves a title shot, but Khabib trying to act like the big uncle in the UFC who gets to determine who is right and who is wrong, is getting a little tiring.

If Khabib didn't retire, Islam wouldn't be getting a TS (Islam and Khabib wouldn't fight each other).

He's has one of the largest followings in MMA, retired or not.

For sure, I think they should probably all fight each other. Maybe throw RDA in there as well. RDA deserves it even less then the trio discussed, but we need another person thrown in the mix. Or alternatively maybe the loser of Dustin/Charles (though the loser would need at least 2 wins to get another TS imo).
I disagree about RDA, he hasn't had a win against a LW in almost a year against old, pre-retirement Felder. I'd say he is more in the Chandler, Conor, Ferguson level of the division.

If you really believe this is Khabib you are stupid
It doesnt seem like something he would say. Even if he wants to prop Islam up.

I'd like to see Islam and Gaethje fight. I imagine it's going to happen in 2023 at the latest

Hey Khabib and DC! Come back when Islam fought at least 1 guy from the top 5 of the division before thinking about a title shot. I give him that win against Hooker(who stepped in very late) but come on...
Gaethje should come back when he’s on a win streak. One win isn’t a streak.

I agree Islam would beat him regardless, I doubt he would've run him over like that though. It's a fact it was late replacement Hooker, and let's be honest, Islam would've NEVER taken a fight under those conditions.

Islam had a short notice stylistic change in opponent too.

Hooker was in shape as he just got off a fight camp and he took little damage.

Essentially it was a short notice stylistic change for both Hooker and Islam

Hooker wouldn't learn to defend Islam's takedowns in an extra few weeks. He said himself that, even in a longer camp, it would have been too grueling to wrestle more than he did in the four weeks before UFC 267

Back