Khabib says he is fighting Tony Ferguson on UFC 209 for Interim LW title

The UFC is just giving belts out like Oprah---you get a belt, you get a belt!

But maybe they know something we don't--like if Conor is actually going to fight Woodley/Nate/Mayweather around that time and the belt won't be defended until Aug-Sept.

IMO, WME is sending Conor a message that he can't play games in every division and expect to keep his belt. They already took away his FW belt, and if he stalls the LW division as well they'll happily strip him. Conor might have had Dana and Lorenzo in his pocket, but WME aren't taking shit from an employee unless they represent him/her too.

I hope the fight happening is true but the interim title is a fucking joke.

Not in this case a interim belt locks Conor into defending his LW belt, unless he decides to hide out of his weight class and scurry up to WW.

This is most likely because Tony is demanding 5 rounds, and the only way to make it 5 rounds in a PPV is for a title to be on the line, it's a farce though...

The new owners are off to a very bad start.

I don't see the problem. Conor is talking about fighting Nate Diaz again and doesn't care about defending titles anyway.

No reason? Revenge sounds like a pretty good reason. And a lot of people seemed to agree since it was UFCs highest PPV. It wasn't a pointless fight. How is any good fight a pointless one?
Youre looking at this very black and white when there's a lot of shit that's gone on in between. Conor hasn't been flawless in this at all, but he isn't single handedly doing shit here.
You guys know that there are other fighters in a division besides the champ, right? There should be absolutely nothing wrong with the top guys fighting each other to claim a title match. Conor fought 4 times in less than a year...headlining all of those events. He has earned a break
Where was aldos revenge fight? He was undefeated for 10 years, only champion of the division and most deserving human of a rematch for his belt in the history of the ufcs stupid rematches. Yet some how conor deserved his revenege for a fight in a division that means nothing?? lol this is the kind of dbl standard stupid shit you new fans just dont see some how

Why an interim belt? They fight in March then Conor comes 5 or 6 months later for a fall 2017 return fight to defend. Division isn't being held up, no need for an interim.

Where was aldos revenge fight? He was undefeated for 10 years, only champion of the division and most deserving human of a rematch for his belt in the history of the ufcs stupid rematches. Yet some how conor deserved his revenege for a fight in a division that means nothing?? lol this is the kind of dbl standard stupid shit you new fans just dont see some how
Lol Ok, son. Calm down. Ive been watching this sport for quite a while now.
Im a big Aldo fan, and he deserved his rematch immediately--more than ANY of the other guys that got immediate rematches. It wasn't Conor that denied it, it was the UFC. With every other champ, right at the post fight press conference, Dana said they get an immediate rematch--but not with Aldo. And Conor said he'd give Aldo a rematch right after he KOd him.
The UFC went for the "money fight" because Conor is the only champ who was vocal and immediately willing to go up in weight and do a super fight. I don't agree with how Aldo was treated at all, but that had a lot more to do with business and money than anything else.

Lol Ok, son. Calm down. Ive been watching this sport for quite a while now.
Im a big Aldo fan, and he deserved his rematch immediately--more than ANY of the other guys that got immediate rematches. It wasn't Conor that denied it, it was the UFC. With every other champ, right at the post fight press conference, Dana said they get an immediate rematch--but not with Aldo. And Conor said he'd give Aldo a rematch right after he KOd him.
The UFC went for the "money fight" because Conor is the only champ who was vocal and immediately willing to go up in weight and do a super fight. I don't agree with how Aldo was treated at all, but that had a lot more to do with business and money than anything else.
Thats why i say the nate fight was a pointless fight. it had no merit what so ever on any rankings or any meaning for any division. Holding up the division conor was the champ in for a personal bias. I see the business side of it, but as a sport, the ufc done fucked that one up creating such a log jam in the process when really he could have fought aldo for the belt in the rematch that actually made sense on the same card he fought nate on anyway.
Same with when he comes back, say he loses his first title defense, we both know hes getting an instant rematch regardless of whats going on in the division at the time. very fighter who loses a fight wants to rematch the guy who beat them, conor is just a product of favoritism that gets him what he wants. But again, i get it on a business aspect

Thats why i say the nate fight was a pointless fight. it had no merit what so ever on any rankings or any meaning for any division. Holding up the division conor was the champ in for a personal bias. I see the business side of it, but as a sport, the ufc done fucked that one up creating such a log jam in the process when really he could have fought aldo for the belt in the rematch that actually made sense on the same card he fought nate on anyway.
Same with when he comes back, say he loses his first title defense, we both know hes getting an instant rematch regardless of whats going on in the division at the time. very fighter who loses a fight wants to rematch the guy who beat them, conor is just a product of favoritism that gets him what he wants. But again, i get it on a business aspect
The UFC'S ranking system is a joke. Guys and girls get undeserved title shots all the time. It isn't right, but it did not start with Conor.
You guys keep trying to omit important parts of the story. The Nate fight was supposed to be the 155 fight with RDA. It wasn't a normal circumstance. It isn't comparable to other fighters wanting to avenge losses. Conor took a short notice fight at a higher weight class just to keep the show going. What other champ would have done that? The UFC gave him his rematch because of what he was doing and bringing to the company. He's not getting favoritism because he winks at Dana and gave Lorenzo nice shoulder massages , hes getting it because he's doing things that other fighters dont do.

He would not have been able to challenge for the 155 title right after a loss to Nate.
And if he does lose his first fight back and gets a rematch...how would that be any different from how the UFC does things now ? With the exception of Aldo, every damn body gets rematches. The way the UFC is run in your guys heads, and the way it's actually run are not the same

lol this

I was all about Conor getting stripped of the FW title but why would there need to be a LW interim title? It's a number one contender fight FFS.
So it can be on a PPV but still 5 rounds

UrGkrA.png

Conor aint even gone for that long that they need to make an interim title. They should just make a fight for him in the spring,but noooo he gotta fight mayweather or elvis sinosic or nate diaz again

Wme era=Interim Title era

Conor has no intention of fighting the top contender. He did the same thing before and got stripped. Why does this surprise anyone? This will really hurt his manufactured legacy if he never defends the lw title too.

Seems like all he cares about is money. Most likely he will just be maybe the most popular fighter and the one that makes the most money. He won't ever be the greatest fighter by avoiding title defenses.

Another fake contract.

Also how many interim belts did Conor create? First he wins one against Mendes, then he makes one FW interim belt by leaving the division (Holloway) and now makes LW interim belt by being pregnant.

Conor "The Father of Interim Belts" McGregor

Back